Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 12:34:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: Teen & Gender Preference Adoption Hack New EP3 Versions Available(7/02/06)  (Read 111137 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Keyblader

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2006, 10:49:27 pm »

I'm having trouble with the gender preference for adopting teens. I have the OFB No Adoption Pool mod downloaded, along with the Same Day Adoption mod. I just downloaded both of these last night, so I don't think I have an outdated version unless it's changed in the last 24 hours (this was the first solution that came to mind).
When I adopt a male teen, it alternates between a female and male appearing. I have the game saved right before I adopt him, and I've tested it 5 times. The first time it was a girl. Thinking I had just made an misclick, I went back to the neighborhood and reloaded the household, this time getting a boy. However, I thought he was ugly, so being the idiot that I am, I tried again. This time I got a girl. I tried this two more times, each time getting a boy, then a girl. This doesn't happen when I try to adopt female teens or children, since another family has adopted 3 of them without any problems, and the family I'm having the problem with adopted a female toddler and child shortly before. I haven't tested anything with other ages of boys, but do you have any suggestions?
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2006, 07:05:41 am »

Quote from: Keyblader
do you have any suggestions?
Have you tired the sims 2 hack conflict detection utility? to check for a possible hack conflict.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Keyblader

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2006, 11:42:28 am »

Quote from: Squinge
Have you tired the sims 2 hack conflict detection utility? to check for a possible hack conflict.

Yes. I tried that last night as well, shortly after posting. It came up with 0 conflicts.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2006, 11:48:34 am »

Yes. I tried that last night as well, shortly after posting. It came up with 0 conflicts.
Did you ever use a previous ep version of this mod? if so did you delete the old one?

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2006, 11:49:19 am »

I suggest you do the exact same test but on a few other lots to make sure it is not simply the lot that is screwed up.  And if possible, remove all your other mods except that one to make sure it does not conflict with anything else.

I also suggest you go in this folder:  C;/mydoucments/eagames/thesims2/ and delete the group.cache file.  It will regenarate the next time you start the game.

EDIT:  You can leave the sameday adoption mod in too.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 11:52:41 am by MissDoh » Logged
Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2006, 12:26:58 pm »

What does the group.cache file do?

Read A Lovely Tale! Currently in Chapter 21
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2006, 01:22:43 pm »

I fixed the adoption memory only one parent gets the adoption memory it will not work for both; I will try to get it working in a future version.

Keyblader

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2006, 03:23:03 pm »

I did have an older version of the mod, but I deleted it before downloading this one. I did run a check for both 'adopt' and 'teen' in the EA folder, just to be sure, but only my current files came up. I tested different lots and different neighborhoods, but the same thing happened. I moved all of my mods except for the Teen Adoption, Same Day Adoption, and Inteenimator (I assumed it wouldn't cause a problem, would it?) out of the EA Games folder, but the same thing still happened. It didn't work when I deleted groups.cache, either. Oh, and I found out that it's not just effecting teens, but all of the ages for male gender selection.
Should I delete both of the mods and reload them?
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2006, 03:30:05 pm »

Should I delete both of the mods and reload them?
That may help this is very strange I always get the gender I choose, did you ever have this problem with the previous version? also have you installed the EP3 patch?

Keyblader

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2006, 03:19:24 pm »

Well, I tried downloading it again, but nothing changed. And I had the patch on my computer, but I double-clicked on it, and it seemed to download itself, so I may have downloaded it off the Sims site, but not installed the content. It still didn't work after this, though, so I don't think that had any effect. As far as I know, I never adopted a male on the pervious version (I didn't use it more than a few times until a couple days ago), so I don't know if I had the problem before.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2006, 03:24:13 pm »

Well, I tried downloading it again
The only other thing I can suggest is if you could download this tool run that program & attach the file "modlist.txt" that it will create to your reply & maybe I will be able to solve this mystery.

Keyblader

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2006, 05:06:39 pm »

Sorry this took so long! I've had a busy last few days, and I seemed to remember that I needed to do this when the Sims was already running, and I'd decide to do it when I was done.
And thanks to my great memory, I'd forget by the time I was done with it.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 06:28:26 pm by Squinge » Logged
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2006, 07:16:35 pm »

Sorry this took so long
I looked at the list but i'm not seeing anything that would conflict, I have no idea why this isn't working for you, I haven't had any problems with this version or the previous versions, I will let you know if I think of anything else.

jersey_princess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2006, 07:23:23 am »

Quote from: jordi
Does this also occur with the shrub? I've looked at the code and it should not work this way. I cannot reproduce it with either painting or shrub, either.

Looking at the code some more, it *might* occur if you do not actually HAVE downtownies. You must have Nightlife installed, and have at least one Downtown area associated with your 'hood.

I haven't tried it with the shrub. I have all the EPs and FFS (but this was before I got FFS). I also have a neighbourhood for everything but Uni installed.
I tried it more than once and each time they became part of the original family. Curiously enough, in the townies section I only have 7 townies including the three new ones. Would this be because I deleted all characters before I started it? Wouldn't it have regenerated all of them, not just 4?

Cazzy
~ SLASHING COUGAR at the AA ~
x Please join us at the Animal Army x
jordi

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 20, 2006, 04:36:56 pm »

Quote from: jersey_princess
I haven't tried it with the shrub. I have all the EPs and FFS (but this was before I got FFS). I also have a neighbourhood for everything but Uni installed.
I tried it more than once and each time they became part of the original family. Curiously enough, in the townies section I only have 7 townies including the three new ones. Would this be because I deleted all characters before I started it? Wouldn't it have regenerated all of them, not just 4?

Townies are typically generated at the rate of one per lot load, so it may take a long time before you have a full complement again.

As for the family issue, I'm out of ideas. If you could test with the shrub I'd appreciate it, but for now I'm not sure where to look. The family ID used in the painting and shrub is consistently and only used for downtownies in all cases I checked, so it ought not to be possible for them to end up in another family...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: