Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 02:24:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Body Shop crashes.  (Read 2077 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
spiderviveka

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2008, 12:21:24 pm »

Alright, first of all. I have only the base game, and have used bodyshop many many times before, always without problems.

I have plenty of custom content. Today, I go to start bodyshop, and I get the message that says "The application has crashed. The application will now terminate."

So, I deleted my cache from the sims folder. I rebooted my computer, I tried opening it after removing the "saved sims" file. I even installed the newest base game patch.

So, I ask you my friends, what should I try next? Because I have no idea what the problem is.

Maggots are just flies in sleeping bags.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 01:19:31 pm »

Have you downloaded any custom content recently?  You may have a clothing or accessory mesh that's not compatible for your game.

spiderviveka

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 01:53:09 pm »

I have, but my game was working perfectly yesterday afternoon.

I can't even get the game itself to open, a little blank box pops up with a big red X in the corner.

So, I uninstalled my game (and backed up all my files) and reinstalled it and tried to run it without any custom content, but the same thing happened again.

JudeMG

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 02:30:49 pm »

I have the same problem with BodyShop, and the only thing I've found is that if my neighborhood is too big, Bodyshop won't work. So when I want to work with the program, I pull out my current neighborhood and put in a saved version of an older one that's a lot smaller.

It's pretty tricky when I want to clone one of my born-in-game sims, because I have to first use SimPE to extract them, then remove the neighborhood and replace it with the other one so I can complete the cloning process.

I don't understand why it matters, but the size of the neighborhood file seems to be a problem. For me, anyway.
spiderviveka

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 02:33:35 pm »

I have a rather large neighborhood... but its the only neighborhood I have. And I can't even get my game to start.

*bangs head on desk*

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 02:45:21 pm »

Pull out your downloads folder and see if both work without it. If so, then it's something in your downloads folder corrupting your game. It can be working fine one day, then not the next. Sometimes a file takes a couple of days to show it's evilness.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 05:35:45 pm »

One more thing... have you deleted your "cigen.package", "Groups.cache", and "Accessory.cache" files that may have respawned after you did it the first time?  The blank box with the red 'x' is usually caused by one or two of those three files corrupting.  :angel:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: