Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 11:17:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Made in game sim to bodyshop? DON'T HAVE simPE!  (Read 1739 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
queen4aday

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2008, 09:09:52 am »

Want to upload a sim I whipped up in Create-a-Family, she turned out really really well and I wanna share her.
Only problem is, she was made in game.. I don't have simPE and I have tried packaging her, deleting lot from clean installer then installing her files and going into bodyshop to make  important changes.. but she's not in my bodyshop. How do I get her into my bodyshop to tune her up a bit!

Advice Please, oh Gurus of sims2 wisdom! :worship:
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 09:28:32 am »

Since SimPE is the easiest way to get your sim into bodyshop, and you don't have it, you will have to package the lot. In neighborhood view, click on the particular lot the sim is in, click info, then click on package lot. Package lot to file on the computer and it will show up in the packaged lot file in your sims 2 folder.

Open the file for the lot containing the sim, and click on family only if you have clean installer.  This will only work with the clean installer. Clicking on family only will have check marks in the files that contain your sim. Hopefully the sim hasn't met anyone yet, or their files will be included and you have to shift thru them. Cheesy

After clicking the files that only contain the sim you want, then click "save as" at the bottom of the clean installer and rename the file. After that you should have a package for your sim. Re-install the package and it will be in bodyshop. It can be tedious. I highly suggest that you install SimPE and follow tutorials on packaging sims in your game. The tutorials are available here and modthesims2.com.  Hope that helps. Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
queen4aday

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 09:41:56 am »

Thankyou lewisb40.

I did try this method but she still didn't show up in bodyshop.
Perhaps simPE is the answer but to be honest I don't have the patience for that!
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 07:54:14 pm »

It is really easy.  I don't know how to fully use SimPE, but I can save sims in my game and get them into bodyshop.  I used this tutorial: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=94489&highlight=how+to+extract+sim+born+in+game+using+simpe

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 10:19:32 pm »

Indeed for this perticular task you have no choice and need SimPe to do it, there is no other way and it is really easy to do.

If you follow the tutorial which is only a few easy steps, you cannot mess things up.  I know SimPe can be a bit scary but for simple task like this one, it is really easy and fast to do. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: