Insimenator.org
March 18, 2024, 09:05:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Employees No quitting for low pay & no charging owner to work  (Read 32048 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« on: March 24, 2006, 11:50:20 am »

As requested:
This mod stops all of your employees from quitting due to low pay & stops the game from charging the owner employees salaries.
This mod is compatible with FFS & GLS.
3/26/06 I added a employees never quit version it should stop all quitting if not let me know & I will try something else.

Only download one file.

* employeesneverquit.zip (0.21 KB - downloaded 1928 times.)
* Employeesnoquitorchargeowner.zip (0.25 KB - downloaded 2146 times.)
* employeesdontquitonly.zip (0.43 KB - downloaded 883 times.)
* employeesdontchargeonly.zip (0.44 KB - downloaded 638 times.)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 07:33:55 pm by Squinge » Logged

If you have a question about my mods post it here
CyberOps

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 12:57:48 pm »

any chance you could seperate them, i mean the dont noquit and the charge owner ??
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 01:04:47 pm »

Quote from: CyberOps
any chance you could seperate them, i mean the dont noquit and the charge owner ??
Ok i just added a don't quit & a don't charge only version.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 10:57:58 am by Squinge » Logged

Thraxwhirl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 01:43:16 pm »

Hey!! Smiley

This is the hack I requested - no salary charge, right?

Yaaayyyyyyyyyy!!! Thank you, Squinge!! Smiley

That was very fast considering I only requested it this morning! Smiley

I'll test it out right away, and let you know if there are any problems. Thank you so much, Squinge. Smiley
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 02:00:25 pm »

Quote from: Thraxwhirl
That was very fast considering I only requested it this morning! Smiley
Yes it is your welcome, sorry i forgot to tell you, let me know if you find any problems that i may have missed.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 10:57:28 am by Squinge » Logged

CyberOps

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 02:21:36 pm »

super , thanks Smiley
coleysilk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 03:00:20 pm »

This is wonderful, thank you so much. Smiley
Thraxwhirl

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 04:25:01 pm »

Hi, Squinge.

Seems to work fine so far. As you know, Employees get paid on the hour every hour, and at precisely 10:00 am in Malcolm Landgraab IV's Business Lot, I'm very pleased to report that he didn't pay out a single Simoleon. Smiley Yaaayyyyy!!

A case of "Cometh the hour, Goeth the... well, nothing at all." Lol.

Best of all, the Day's Profit-bar-thingy remained unaffected. That's what really matters, because a drop in Cash can be Motherloded no problem, but a drop in the Day's Profits can't be counteracted(unless there's a hack for that which I haven't seen).

For those of you posting here who may wonder why I so desperately wanted this hack, here's an extract from my initial request to Squinge:

Quote from: ME
It sounds cruel at first, BUT of course many Employees are Townies(and frankly who cares about them, eh?), and so they don't have a real budget of any kind...

...and in the case of CAS'd sims, well, it's not THEIR Lot being played - it's the Employer's Lot - so they're not actually losing out at all if they receive no money. You see, when the Employee's Lot is being simmed, he/she will go to work at his/her job and still earn the daily rate...

...But if you're playing the Boss's Lot, it's kind of unfair if those Employees are lowering his/her profits on days which they(the workers) are getting for free - ie. they don't age on those days, but they are still gaining talent/skill points(with Community Skill Hack) and most importantly, their employer's money. Their Boss(if his Business is simmed a lot) could potentially die of old age before his workers' Lots are simmed again, and his profits have been radically reduced while their home life was never touched... and they still earnt all the talents and skills for free.

In short, to redress the balance and make it fair on the Bosses WE are simming, do you think you might be willing to make a little hack that stops the hourly payment(and profit reduction) taking place?

As I say, the Employees would still earn their daily rate when driving off to work as normal if THEIR Lot is being simmed, so it seems pretty fair overall.

Just, y'know, if any of you folks were interested in my reasons for wanting this. Wink

It's also particularly essential if, like me, you're using Merola's Time Control Clock. You see, the way that little piece of kit works(if set below normal speed) is by re-looping the minutes. Ergo, if you set it slower at, say 20%(which is how I have it), then the minute that falls "on the hour" is looped five times... and your Employees get paid 5 TIMES!! Gaaah!!!

So, in other words, a worker whose salary was, say, 40 Simoleons an hour, would get paid 200!!

Murder on the Profit Margins, I think you'll agree.

Thanks to you, Squinge, my dear fellow, my businesses are saved.

Thanks so much.

I've yet to test how it works if I'm simming a Customer visiting a Community Lot owned by another sim. Obviously the game addresses the situation differently that way.

IF there's an issue there, I'll be sure to let you know... but if I don't come back with a report of problems, I think you can take it as read that all's well on those Lots too.

Thanks ever so much.

Adam.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 04:29:42 pm by Thraxwhirl » Logged
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 04:37:09 pm »

Great I'm glad to hear it's working the way you wanted it to work.

Thraxwhirl

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 08:19:42 pm »

I have found one wee issue though.

Well, technically it's not a problem with this hack, rather something that this hack doesn't cover, but which might be worthy of consideration, maybe?

I'll explain:

Just been simming at Malcolm Landgraab's Electronics Supercenter, and I static'd the motives of all my Employees - actually held them at green with Inge Jones' PYP2 Plant - so that they'd never need to take a break.

This way, with a workforce committed to its tasks, the shop should auto-manage itself until closing time, I figured.

Well, just a moment ago one of them quit without any warning, and the ball above her head is still green, and all her motives are up full. And no quitting over low pay should mean that, with motives constantly maxed, the employees should be perfectly happy all the time.

So I wasn't sure what had gone wrong.

Just made her selectable, and it seems that low ASPIRATION must've been the cause of her disaffection. Her Asp is at dead-on zero.

I'm guessing that was the cause of her departure, because everything else seems to be fine. Even her MOOD, strangely enough was green and very high up. ?: Weird, huh?

So it must've been Aspiration, I think.

Trouble is, Aspiration's a tricky one to keep raised on UNselected sims, especially since their Wants are a) unseen while they're unselectable, b) completely randomly generated, c) may not necessarily corespond at all to the commercial sector - ie. Family sims etc. While conversely their Fears may corespond exactly to whatever they're doing at the time, and we've no way of guarding against that.

Do you think it might be possible to alter the parameters slightly so that workers simply never or can't quit, no matter what?
Entgleichen

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 06:24:59 pm »

I like them to quit when they're low-paid. But sometimes when I enter the lot, I look after how theý are paid, and it shows that they are paid well. Short time after, they quit. So the game does not tell everytime when there's a change so I can react in time. Would you mind looking into this behaviour?
mainegal32

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2006, 08:17:13 pm »

Thanks again!  You amaze me at how fast you are with these.  Hats off to you and thanks for your hard work!

~ Sam ~
Rowey

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2006, 06:17:46 am »

This didnt work for me, I still had an employee quit with Mod installed, and everything enabled, I run ALL Ep's and yeah, my cashier quit on me.

Edit: I will add, I use the Australian Version, which I think is the Same as the British Version of the Game, not the US model, not sure how much different they are, if at all
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 06:19:56 am by Rowey » Logged

:blob6:
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2006, 12:45:33 pm »

Quote from: Rowey
This didnt work for me
Which file were you using?
have you tried the employeesneverquit one?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 10:56:27 am by Squinge » Logged

kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2006, 10:28:31 am »

Oh awesome....
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: