Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 03:26:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unavoidable crashing - Done, finally  (Read 4003 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2008, 09:29:07 am »

One sim of mine will crash a lot, but none of the other three will.
They live in a dorm on campus and I have tried moving them out and in again (into a new dorm after destroying the old one) but it happened again.
I thought it was something to with using the InSIM education adjuster despite no other sims crashing while using it.  But it just now crashed when the object wasn't even spawned on the lot.

This has happened every time I go into the lot and I need to know what is wrong.  I'll try playing with 'Boolprop testingcheatsenabled true' to see if I get an error log and if I do I'll come back to edit it in.

ETA: Another crash, no error log.
The game seems to crash either when I tell her to do something or when I click on her from another sim.

Please help me!

EDIT: Can someone lock this so I never have to think about it again, please?  Thank you!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 12:33:23 am by AxelVal » Logged

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 11:45:57 am »

I had this problem with a sim,he would even crash every community lot he visited.I never killed any sim in my life so I just moved him out to the bin.
Then,one can delete the sim.

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 02:33:38 pm »

I can't just delete her or any of my sims like that.
I'm thinking of moving her out of the house and letting the other graduate but I'm not sure what to do with her after that.

I'll do that later.  I'll move her out, put her in a house by herself and play like that.

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 02:50:57 pm »

did you run a hack conflict detection tool, like this one here?

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 05:04:27 pm »

I need to remember to put this in every help post:
Every time I've used that software it doesn't work.  I get an error message and the choice to copy into a document or close the program.  Unless that's what's suposed to hapen than it hates my computer.

Exact error message:
"Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility - Version 2.00.03

Error: 76
Path not found

Module: modUtility
Procedure: gflngFindFiles

Install Path: C:\Users\Cady\Downloads\Sims2HCDU-02.00.03
Data Path: C:\Users\Cady\Documents
Sims Path: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\

Additional Error Data:
Error Data = C:\Users\Cady\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\downloads\Subfolder - Clothes\5f57193d_ø¯p›==¿/ø.package"
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 05:10:56 pm by AxelVal » Logged

vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 05:11:39 pm »

She'll be able to live by herself,but when she'll visit another lot maybe she'll crush it.But I know what you mean,I can't harm them either.
The sim I had hated woman but loved boys,maybe your sim is gay too.Give her a friend.

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 07:17:12 pm »

Quote from: AxelVal;1131200
I need to remember to put this in every help post:
Every time I've used that software it doesn't work.  I get an error message and the choice to copy into a document or close the program.  Unless that's what's suposed to hapen than it hates my computer.

Exact error message:
"Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility - Version 2.00.03

Error: 76
Path not found

Module: modUtility
Procedure: gflngFindFiles

Install Path: C:\Users\Cady\Downloads\Sims2HCDU-02.00.03
Data Path: C:\Users\Cady\Documents
Sims Path: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\

Additional Error Data:
Error Data = C:\Users\Cady\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\downloads\Subfolder - Clothes\5f57193d_ø¯p›==¿/ø.package"
It's because of the file I bolded in your quote.  The Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility does not like to read Asian characters for some reason, so it spits out that error message with a garbled file name.  Make sure that any package files with non-Latin based characters (mainly Chinese, Korean, and Japanese) are changed to Latin-based.  That way, the HCDU can actually read them properly.  Wink
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 07:19:27 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 09:25:14 pm »

Thank you, Tenshii, but how can I change them?
I have a lot files with things like that in them.

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 11:09:14 pm »

You can change the name by doing it the easy way:  Single click on the icon, then change the characters to letters it'll recognize.  Or right-click on the file's icon and select "Rename", doing the same exact thing.  Wink

It may take some time if you do have a lot of files with Asian characters in them... I guess the one of the best things I can suggest for the moment is to try to look through all your downloads for those types of files and give them a "temporary" name so that they can become scanable.  It's a pain, I know for a fact... when this happened to me a while back, I didn't realize how many I had until I kept running the HDCU each time until the error popped up each time I finished renaming one, revealing yet another file I missed... very tedious.  Sad  

The other solution to it would also to put those files in a separate folder and move them out of your Downloads folder and to somewhere safe, then scan your main Downloads folder like normal.  It's a little bit quicker than trying to rename them all.  :lol:

AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 07:01:36 am »

Thank you, Tenshii.
I'll try moving them all away.

Here's the new list.
Does this just mean that the packages do the same thing or what?  And could any of these conflicts cause a crash on one sim but no others?

ETA: I put her in her own house and she did fine until I tried to look at her 'job/school' tab.
When I really think I realize that has been happening all along.  Everytime I try to do something with her skills or look at that it crashes.
Could it be something to do with the Missing Majours I downloaded even though other sims have those majours and don't crash?

* Possible hack conflicts.doc (34.5 KB - downloaded 210 times.)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 10:54:44 am by AxelVal » Logged

AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 08:12:52 pm »

It's been over ten days and I'm about to go and play the neighborhood next time I play.  I need some help please.

1 - Any ideas on what's causing this?
2 - Does the hack conflict list mean I have to delete one of the files?  Because the conflicting ones are new hacks I downloaded because my previous ones didn't work the way I wanted to (the flavor packs anyway)

PrincessIsabelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 09:02:01 pm »

Axel i wish i could help you but i am useless at sim help but i hope you find your answer

Visita il mio nuovo sito
My Sims 2 Site ancora in costruzione.
Sono un ginnasta e il mio ginnasta preferito è Sandra Izbasa dalla Romania
Preferisco le palestre delle squadre rumene e italiane
Miss Italy Coming April 25, 2008, PrincessIsabelle
maniac19642003
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 09:54:49 pm »

I never really used inteen so I cant help for those ones, but the jobs conflict, I used No Friends Needed for Careers.package to get advances in careers alot quicker instead of making it harder to get promotions on the other hack.

The wfsanity hack is probly more up to date than the other ones that its conflicting against so I might remove those ones and just keep wfsanity.
maniac19642003
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2008, 11:34:46 pm »

You can remove that one or the harder jobs hack, either one would solve that conflict.
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2008, 08:50:36 am »

Alright.  School was cancelled so I'll try that right now and post back.

Edit: It didn't work.  I deleted Harder Jobs and the InTEEN flavor pack for college admissions (just because it was bothering me) but it still crashed.

I guess I could play her without checking her skills but I want this issue resolved before she becomes an adult.

I highly doubt the want hacks are causing but I'll remove them for the time being anyway.
The most confusing thing is that this is only happening to one sim and only during two specific actions -  me looking at her job tab or trying to change something on that tab using inSIM.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 12:29:03 pm by AxelVal » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: