Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 12:51:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom bedding not showing (NL only)  (Read 1389 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Mrs_MQuve
Dark Side Princess

The Devil's Daughter

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2008, 08:38:33 am »

Hi everyone,
I apologize if I'm posting another "ZOMG whar did my downlaods go?!!!!1" topic, but I searched this forum, the one at MTS2, and the FAQs both places, and I haven't been able to figure this out.  I have Sims 2 Deluxe (base game and Nightlife only) and I downloaded several custom bedding files from various sites.  None of them are showing up (they should appear as recolors under the Maxis beds, right?) I definitely have custom content enabled, the files are definitely all unzipped/unrared, duh :wink: (I subfolder almost everything if that's important), and I have CEP installed.  I looked at the files in Delphy's Download Organiser to make sure I was looking in the right place for them (all of them were recolors of the Colonial double bed, so I was).  One funny thing is that ONE custom thumbnail showed up under that bed, but when I clicked on it, the bed appeared with plain white sheets.  Anyway, going by the FAQ on MTS2, I reinstalled CEP.  Still nothing.  All of my other Maxis recolors show up fine ingame.  I'm really baffled... any help at all would be greatly appreciated!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 09:14:33 am »

You don't have your beddings sub-foldered, do you?  Have you tried just leaving them in the main Downloads folder and seeing if they show up then?  I know in the past there have been some instances where certain sub-foldered items tend not to show up.  I'm not sure if it has been fixed with S2Deluxe, but then again I could be off about that.  :dontknow:

Mrs_MQuve
Dark Side Princess

The Devil's Daughter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 10:44:32 am »

I did have the beddings subfoldered.  So, just a few minutes ago I took them all out and put them into the main folder.  I loaded my game and went into Buy mode... no change.  Grr. Thank you for your advice, though Smiley  The custom beds I have meshes for have no problems with their recolors showing up... it's just the recolors for the Maxis beds.  I have some of Wirelessguy's beddings, some from MTS2, CalalilySims, and Avenida Sims.
RBWpg

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 10:55:14 pm »

Is it possible there was a thumbnail pack with the download that didn't get installed? I used to delete them until I realized some objects were not showing in the list. Some downloads have them and for the most part they are just labeled thumbnails. You may need to rename them with the object name thumbnails, in order to place them in your downloads, or your will probably get a message telling you that file already exists, tho it may actually be from another product.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: