Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 10:03:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: I kinda give up on Freetime  (Read 4248 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
JoDawn

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2008, 05:59:36 pm »

I've had FT for days now and while I love the ideas and the extra stuff, it's just so unpredictable. I cannot  have any CC at all in my game, even ones that have been updated for FT.

After taking out all CC and hacks, it STILL crashes and won't load the only house I've been able to play. I've turned off firewalls, I've updated drivers. I can't do anything else. I can't play any houses now. Ugh.

...Sorry, needed to vent.
baLLet_doLLy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 06:59:14 pm »

omg i know exactly what you mean every time i try to make a new family then get them to a house or try to play an existing family i cant because it crashes or freezes i am sooo disappointed!!!

blahh. blahh. blahh.
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 07:34:23 pm »

I feel the same way. I thought I had it all straightened out until last night. I was able to go into a house in Uni to play, but when I tried to go into a lot in Downtown to play I can't get past the load screen. I am so frustrated.

Simming is a way of Life!!!  :toothy4:
Check out my sims pictures.
My Apocalyse Challenge
2nd Place in Part of Your World - Jocelyn Lanier
3rd Place in The Devil
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 10:32:15 am »

maybe you've installed it wrong or something. I can have most of my old hacks in my game, and I've not had any crashes yet. maybe it's that SECUROM everone's talking about. it apparently causes crashes and such in some people's games. I'm not sure about it, but I have both teenstuff, BV and FT (all apparently came with that securom) and the game works perfectly. I just don't understand it. the only problem I've had is a few BV related hack conflicts (at least I think they were) and an INSIM problem with pets (I think it was pets). I've not noticed anything else.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
dynasty

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 10:38:50 am »

had it happening when I installed it... go to the ea games folder and look for your downloads folder. copy it and paste it to our desktop.
now delete the OLD downloads folder. move the one you have on your desktop to your EA folder. that's how it worked for me!
don't give up yet!
did you get it in the store, or did you download it on the ea games site? I once downloaded one and this ea game installing or downloading thing messed up my game! that's why i am asking

Check my sims out!
JoDawn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 08:14:22 pm »

I bought it at a store.

And it's been since it came out, I have zero hacks or CC and I still cannot play. This sucks.
PortiaVyktouria
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 01:23:50 am »

I know...jeez.

I've done just about everything I can too...but still nothing. Just lots of crashes and sadness and tears haha. The first time I played was okay, and so was this last time...until I decided to go to a community lot. I also didn't mention the 20+ times I've tried to play a certain family/create a new family/load the new neighborhood and the game has locked up.

It sucks.
GisIzzy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 04:11:36 pm »

the problem i'm having sounds like yours but instead of crashing or freezing it takes forever to load or i can only play one family and that family doesn't take long to load and that family play ok with the cc
GisIzzy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 04:24:29 pm »

everyone that has this problem should report to EA and tell them that and if they say don't play with cc , tell them the game is a lil boring that way or its hard
synnaj

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 07:29:59 pm »

I have to add here that I know what you mean. FT seems to have a lot of CC related glitches.

Are you using subfolders within folders? I am going to test this theory out later today but I've had problems with disppearing CC (showing up in Bodyshop, but not when you go into the Create-a-sim screen in the actual game).

FT also doesn't like it when you play with your Downloads folder. (As in changing it, modifying it etc.) I've had to do a clean reinstall to get it working but you could try uninstalling FT only and then reinstalling it with a blank Downloads folder and see if that works and then put your CC in afterwards. I've found that you have to remove all CC prior to installing FT but that could just be my game acting up.
GisIzzy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 07:24:47 pm »

all of my cc shows up ,but i cant play it. i talked about this problem at a myspace and this girl alicia says her game run perfectly fine, but everytime someone has a problem she isn't that much help or shows off that her game run perfectly fine
baLLet_doLLy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 07:33:42 pm »

i took out my downloads like diesel and then put them back and it is working perfect now.. no crashes or anything....

blahh. blahh. blahh.
__medicinemanx

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 07:34:49 pm »

I don't get any of these errors!

All my CC was kept. No crashes. Nothing.

[SIZE=0]Listen mate, I told you once, I told you twice, you're not coming in alright!?

Make Joy Divison (yes I spelled it like that on purpose) grow for me, click Cheesy
http://joy-divison.myminicity.com[/SIZE]
DarkAmaranth

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 08:47:58 am »

Some graphics cards have issues, view the read me that came with FT. And don't end the process scan.exe FT needs that to run properly. Custom stairs with animations and custom body parts or any but the OBJ insiminator can cause issues and crashes. CC that was fine before isn't and will conflict now and, if you let it update durring install it can really screw up all of your EPs, forcing a major clean up and re install.

On the upside, after a bit of tinkering and a few re-installs I love the new options, hobbies, stuff, etc...
JoDawn

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 11:17:29 am »

Well, this long and still the same. Very rarely, I can get it to play for a night, but it's unpredictable and usually takes a bit of time to get it working. No CC at all can be added in. But it's the inability to actually PLAY it without an hour or so of reloading and freezing that gets me. I've never had a problem with an EP before. I think I may uninstall it. I just wish I hadn't bought it.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: