Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:53:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's going to get the The Sims 3?  (Read 69390 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Envyret

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2008, 10:43:38 pm »

I looked at the official website, that will soon be open to the public by 3/19/08. I looked at it and I was wondering, who's going to get it? I mean, I know at least some are going to get it, but how many exactly. Cause, who knows, everyone might still enjoy The Sims 2 and keep it. Then TS3 gets ruined. Just wondering.

:lurk:The gremlins will destroy the world slowly and painfully. They are the world's greatest fear, they are our fate. They are at fault at everything.
unicornsgorawr
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 10:53:23 pm »

I will probably get it. Does it look cool?
maniac19642003
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 11:42:35 pm »

If I ever get TS3, it wont be for awhile down the road yet.
pikkonoloidlee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 12:21:30 am »

I'm thinking about it, but I'm definitely not ready to let go of TS2 right now, so it'll probably be awhile.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 05:09:13 am »

Not at first. When there's some significant modding going on I will reconsider. Problem is, that most gaming companies have made modding more difficult with their newer releases out of fear to lose ground on the US market (modded adult content) and some even send out their lawyers to close down modding sites and efforts.

If that's the case with the Sims 3, it's not for me. But that doesn't mean it won't be a success story, since the majority of buyers will be kiddies pestering their parents into purchasing. So your question is a rather mute one.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 07:12:48 am »

i will buy the sims3 thats for sure.

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 02:51:44 pm »

I'm buying it first day of pre-order from EA. May be disappointed, but still going to get it. I'll play both just like I do with so many sequels.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
xxJessicaxx

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 02:56:23 pm »

I'll probably get it when there is a significant amount of custom content, etc.
dynasty

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 03:06:28 pm »

I dont know... I have put too much time and effort into Sims 2 to just abandon it. I am not sure.... I may just not get it immediately. It also depends on what kindof computer ou need etc. altho mine is pretty new (less than a year), you never know how many RAM etc you need for the game to run properly. I'd kind of prefer that they'd make a "upgrade" for the Sims 2, so I could keep my families

Check my sims out!
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 03:09:59 pm »

I will probably get it a year or so after it is out.

Simming is a way of Life!!!  :toothy4:
Check out my sims pictures.
My Apocalyse Challenge
2nd Place in Part of Your World - Jocelyn Lanier
3rd Place in The Devil
Ultravixen

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 03:11:28 pm »

I'm going to buy it asap!

Sim Idol 2008 - 4th | Picture Perfect - Mentor
Ultravixen's Simmies
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 04:31:58 pm »

I am going to wait and see for these things to happen:
1. When the game is officially released: this is not supposed to happen until 2009. That is over a year away.
2. What kind of computer specs it requires is made clear by Eaxis. That will only happen when the game is released.
3. When everyone has had a chance to buy it, and then play it-the first real reviews of it will not really come in until at least 1 week or so after it is released. The game magazines and reviewers will be on this fast.
4. When all the bugs are finally discovered by all the hard-core gamers-not the kiddies. The people who do actual testing for game companies will have the best and only real word on what is right or wrong with this game. For my interest to be really sparked, it has to get positive reviews from everyone who knows how a real game plays and how well it plays.

Then I might consider it.

Cleo999

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 02:27:00 am »

I'm with MaryH
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 04:40:15 am »

Im with the above two... but i think ill get it eventually out of curiosity, not really 'want' or 'need'.  Wanna play a people simulation game? Get Sims 2. We've been there, seen that, and got all the EPs and t-shirts...
by the look of TS3, its not a gigantic leap away from TS2, like TS2 was from TS1.  So you wont really benefit all that much more from getting it.

Ill be cool with it to wait this one out.
Plus we all know about EA's fondness for false advertising and bait-and-switch tactics ...like they did with all the TS2 stuff.

Best to wait and see what's really in the game, as opposed to what  they say is.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 04:44:07 am by Tomkat » Logged
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 07:13:12 am »

Mine is a want. I enjoyed Sims 1, had a great time playing it. I've loved playing Sims 2 even with all the little glitches, etc. Like I've said before I spend as much in one day at Disneyland for a day of enjoyment, if not more. The Sims have now given me several years of enjoyment. More than disappointments. So I want the Sims 3, and I'm gonna get it. Wink

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: