Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:39:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's going to get the The Sims 3?  (Read 69389 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lola_bolet_drew

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2008, 10:45:06 am »

I doubt it, unless they totally twist gameplay like they did with the Sims 2.

Unfortunately, I only have XP, and Sims 3 may only be supported by Vista.

LOLA BOLET DREW
[/FONT]

Currently wants to judge a contest...if you need a judge, I am willing to be one!
lazydaisy1122

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2008, 10:45:59 am »

I will pre-order Sims 3 when stores start taking pre-orders for it. I want Sims 3 so badly and cannot wait to get it and play it. The preview on the Sims 3 site looks so cool! I will continue to play Sims and Sims 2 too. I love all Sims games way too much!!!!!!!

hugs,
Michele
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2008, 11:31:17 pm »

I don't think either of those things is going to be an issue. Making it so it only runs on Vista would severely limit their marketing range. They know teenagers parents aren't going to rush out and buy them a new PC, or Vista just to run the game. That's a big chunk of their customers. Plus, Mr. Humble said (not exact word for word)in his interview one of the things they made part of their job with the Sims 3 was to make sure it would run smoothly on even an old granny laptop. More than the aesthetic value of the graphics in game, even though they improved a lot. They concentrated more on making the game more user friendly for various pc's. So hopefully he's being honest and the transition to Sims 3 will be smooth.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2008, 02:42:11 am »

^^ I hope that's true. I may wait for mods and reviews before I get it. The info on the official site has already been posted on other sites, I want new information. Not impressed right now, but I love my Sims 2. Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
ThatScaryChick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2008, 02:10:23 am »

I will get it, but it's not going to be when it first comes out. My plan is to wait for a year or so and see others reactions to it.

simcat06

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2008, 04:34:33 am »

I love The Sims 2 too much, I have all my familes here who Ive grown attatched to...Im not ready to let go yet. Then theres the money and time spent on the sims 2, only to go and throw it away, I never had The Sims1, my sister did, so this has been the only one for me, and Im still learning stuff. It only seems a while ago The Sims 2 first came out and then all the expansions and stuff packs came out with all the CC and mods, and now the next one is about to come out??....I want The Sims 3 but not now thats for sure. =]
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 04:42:10 am by simcat06 » Logged

Check out my new house 24 Maple Drive Here :rabbit:
simcat06

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2008, 04:40:53 am »

Quote from: jessvalentine;1180282
I was really turned off by the screen shots on the official site...
the furniture and such look nice but the sims are horrid.

Omg I know!! Its horrid!! I was looking at their faces thinking wtf??!! And the houses kind of look like the ones from TS1 from afar!!....But yeh back to their faces, I was disappointed by that!! Our sims now in TS2 look more realistic then the new ones!! :smt119:

Check out my new house 24 Maple Drive Here :rabbit:
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2008, 07:56:16 pm »

I agree that the sims looks horrifying. the sims2 simmies looks so much more natural!

As for getting sims3? I'll see what everyone says about the game first. I'll not run to the store until I know it's worth buying. there's some things worth to try out (the fact that they can walk around in the neighbourhood, more body types...), and as long as they shift out some annoying sims2 stuff (like better aging!!!!, more to do with infants/toddlers, CLOTHES for infants!, better clothing/hairs, and so on) I'll think about getting it. But not until the CC starts coming. (and if I'm lucky in my choice of schools in the autumn, I might even be able to make my own meshes when sims3 comes Wink)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 07:58:42 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
lisfyre

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2008, 10:43:13 pm »

I was never going to play TheSims in any incarnation until my husband got hooked on it and started playing.  Then he dragged me kicking and screaming into the dark side.  

I got my set of The Sims2 for Christmas 07 and I'm hard pressed to get off the computer.  All I'm doing is playing, playing, playing!!!  I haven't started creating anything yet.  I want to but Photoshop is just a wee bit out of my price range.

Anyway, to answer the question - I am going to be getting Sims 3.  Actually, my husband will be getting it first since he doesn't play with any CC at all and I do.  I'm gonna hold off until you guys figure it all out, make a ton of CC then get it so I can start playing with all sorts of goodies from the start Smiley  Probably around the time that Sims3 EP1 rolls around.  That should be enough time right? Cheesy

Hows that for a plan of attack? Smiley

The battle of the sexes will never be won.  We fraternize too much with the enemy.:lurk:
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2008, 08:41:33 am »

I'm not getting it-for reasons mentioned above, but for one very important fact:in 2009, Microsoft is abandoning Windows XP, and all new computers will be sold with Vista as the OS, until their new platform is available in 2010. I wonder if Sims 3 will be geared mostly towards that end, because EAxis undoubtedly knows of this, and is planning on it. That means the game itself will have to be Vista compatible, not XP. I cannot believe they can make a game ultimately compatible with 2 vastly different systems and make it work right for 50% of them.
You want to bet on this? I don't, and I'm not bothering to spend money on something that might not even work on an "old" system such as XP.
I detest the fact that Microsoft is so much the actual player in what games will be produced, with whatever platform they decide will be on new computers.

lisfyre

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2008, 12:26:45 pm »

Quote from: MaryH;1212999
I'm not getting it-for reasons mentioned above, but for one very important fact:in 2009, Microsoft is abandoning Windows XP, and all new computers will be sold with Vista as the OS, until their new platform is available in 2010. I wonder if Sims 3 will be geared mostly towards that end, because EAxis undoubtedly knows of this, and is planning on it. That means the game itself will have to be Vista compatible, not XP. I cannot believe they can make a game ultimately compatible with 2 vastly different systems and make it work right for 50% of them.
You want to bet on this? I don't, and I'm not bothering to spend money on something that might not even work on an "old" system such as XP.
I detest the fact that Microsoft is so much the actual player in what games will be produced, with whatever platform they decide will be on new computers.

I did not know that about XP being end of life.  But along with my Xmas 07 present of Sims2 & EP/SP's, I also got a new computer so I have Vista and its a non issue for me.  It will be for hubby Smiley  He's still runing XP :

The battle of the sexes will never be won.  We fraternize too much with the enemy.:lurk:
SparkleSim

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2008, 03:37:55 pm »

I will not hesitate! :LOL:  I'm getting it the minute it comes out.  The only thing I worry about, is it making Sims 2 look like nothing.  Does this mean the the hard workers who make all that high quality CC for sims 2 will be wasted by the time it comes out?  Dunno.

Are you looking for a good comedy-drama sim story?  Please come read my story LOVE CHILD.   (Must be 18+)
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2008, 03:48:44 pm »

My daughter has Vista and I personally think it's a piece of crap. I won't get it. They went way overboard trying to compete with Mac. I don't like the way Mac's are set up;period. Talk about dumbing down. That's why I won't buy a Mac. She owns a couple nice Mac's. Plus, a new HP laptop with Vista. I went out for the weekend, to try and help her set the thing up the way "she" wanted it. Worthless. I loathe it. We just brought both my older grand daughters a new PC again, and insisted both be with XP. They can keep Vista. If I wanted a PC with a Mac interface I'd buy a Mac, but I don't because I don't like the way they interact. Which is why I buy PC's. Yes much better data management. Better graphics, waaaaaaaaaaaay better graphics, but let me decide/control what's going on with my computer. How I want the menu to be, what to do with my hard drive. Personally I liked the Dos driven HD's. When we used to make our own batch files to run programs, our own menus. They were never as bloated or grew like the blob, like Windows does. Blah, blah, blah...

Anyway according to EA the Sims 3 is being made to run on granny PC's. So I don't think older PC's/OS's are going to be a problem.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 03:55:11 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
tallsimsfan77

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2008, 09:23:01 pm »

Quote from: lisfyre;1213211
I did not know that about XP being end of life.  But along with my Xmas 07 present of Sims2 & EP/SP's, I also got a new computer so I have Vista and its a non issue for me.  It will be for hubby Smiley  He's still runing XP :
Waitwaitwait- I thought Windows was abandoning XP come 2014, and 2K come 2010.

God- that's going to kill my childhood sooner, if XP is going to die in '09. D:

Sigs are for smokers.
SweetOctober
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2008, 09:31:55 pm »

I'll probably end up getting it. I'd like to say I could resist, but I can't. That doesn't mean I will completely abandon sims 2 though
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: