Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:59:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's going to get the The Sims 3?  (Read 69395 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
cmserene

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2008, 04:58:42 pm »

I'm sure I'll get it eventually, but it will be a while. There's still too much for me to try in TS2 and honestly the biggest "changes" or differences between 2 and 3 don't seem very significant to me (my own personal opinion). I think it's too soon for TS3. They should come out with more EP's for TS2 first. It would be nice if the next generation Sims would just be a direct upgrade to TS2, instead of having to start all over again.

:rabbit::happy8::rabbit:
spiderviveka

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2008, 11:29:16 pm »

I am absolutely sure that I will get it. No matter how skeptical i am, it will never overrule my love for the sims. Besides, if it sucks, I can always just play TS2 instead.

Maggots are just flies in sleeping bags.
TwistedPrincess

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2008, 11:47:09 pm »

I've spent too much on Sims 2 to even think about it.
DPphanatic
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2008, 06:53:24 pm »

I think I'll end up buying it, just out of pure curiosity. I'm too hooked on TS2 to just give it up cold turkey. But when I do buy it, I'm more than likely gonna install it on another computer, in case of any "incompatibility," bugs, or whatever. My laptop's already close to dying, and I don't need that to push it over the edge. Aside from that, I crave more expansion packs for TS2! With all that said, hopefully Maxis/EA won't disappoint us.
MoronStyle7

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2008, 04:48:53 am »

hahaha! they will disappoint you and me, they'll probobly release an unfinished prouduct, with less options then ever, like they always do.

If the game will get great reviews (about 8 or more) I'll buy it, not to mention the SecuROM, if the game will have it (which will though, stupid EA only cares about they're money, thats why I always kill Rod Humble when he comes to my lot), I wont buy it.
Northen Light36

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2008, 05:26:26 am »

I'm not only buying Sims 3 on day one, I have two copies preordered. One for me and one for a friend. I'm also trading my Vista infested laptop for my father's unwanted new desktop, so I should be able to play both 2 and 3.
Micke
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2008, 05:33:23 am »

I won't buy it unless they finish it before releasing it. They've screwed up every expansion pack and they managed to screw up Spore... I'm not going to waste money on a game I can't play.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2008, 05:49:37 am »

Under several conditions:

1) There has to be a no DVD patch, since securom doesn't enter my rig under any circumstances.
2) If it is proven to be moddable. All too many game companies have it in for modders nowadays. If Sims 3 is one of these infamous products, I won't get it, since vanilla versions of these kinds of games aren't my cup of tea.
''Blakk Velvett''

''I am, was, is and always will be ME =D''

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2008, 01:36:08 am »

I'm buying, no doubt.

I am ''The Velvett One''
Taty_1973

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2008, 03:27:38 am »

Hi everyone!

I will eventually get it, though not immediately. Honestly I think I'll wait for mods and costum content to be made before  buying it. And there's always the matter of what computer specs will be required to play the game properly. I'm perfectly happy with my Sims 2 in the meanwhile!  Smiley
Dec12741

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2008, 01:55:56 pm »

Well,I have Pre-ordered(2) one for myself and one for a family Member,the one thing that is scaring the .... out of me is what the clothing will look like and will there be any cars that the sims can drive,also will the families be able to have babies and how long will the females be carring it before giving birth and will the toilets be stopping up and will you be able add Neighborhoods to it that is what scare the .... out of me,but the biggest scare is trying it and likking it
fsissy

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2008, 11:36:18 am »

I don't know.  I really want to, but it depends on EA and you.  Will EA abandon SecuRom and make Sims3 open source?  What will you say about it once released?  Going from Sims1 to Sims2 was wonderful.  Even with all the bugs and fixes, it was worth it.  If it looks like going from Sims2 to Sims3 is going to be wonderful without screwing up my computer, I'm getting it.  Stay out of my way, I'm getting it.
Gucci_chic

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2008, 09:33:54 pm »

I will be getting it for sure..im kind of bored with sims 2 anyway!
Kimmers

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2008, 07:45:23 pm »

I will probably get it a year after it's out or something. I'm still enjoying TS2 at the moment so I'm going to continue playing that for a while & I'll only get TS3 if others seem to be enjoying it more than TS2.

The name's Kim
baddboy

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2008, 08:43:20 am »

I'm still waiting for some of the big questions to be answered before making a final decision: what kind of custom content will we be able to create? Can we still use tools such as Wings 3D or blender to create object meshes? Will we still be able to package lots to a file and upload the lot-file to a website of our choosing or will all user created content be funneled to the Sims 3 Exchange?

Any time you predict failure you have an excellent chance of being right - Dexter Morgan (Jeff Lindsay)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: