Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:07:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's going to get the The Sims 3?  (Read 69391 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
ThatScaryChick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: April 26, 2009, 03:05:14 am »

I am! I am bored with the Sims 2 at the moment and I am looking forward to something different.

HenryJoe

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 28, 2009, 07:10:57 pm »

I’m still on the fence about getting the Sims 3.

From everything I’ve read so far, I can’t help but get the feeling that they didn’t really take enough risks with this latest incarnation.

The more personality traits are great (though I think you can only choose 5, which I think sucks), the Create-A-Style tool is kind of cool, and the seemless neighborhood is alright, but I still feel as though about 80% of the game is just about the same as the Sims 2!

I don’t like that other families will go off and do their own thing by themselves, and there is still no height slider to make taller or shorter Sims! Also, some of the in-game object models and textures look almost identical to Sims 2 stuff to me.

Additionally, I’m pretty sure there’s going to be a truckload of expansions again, and I’m not sure I want to go through all that again.

I personally wished EA would have at least begun to move away, from the exaggerated cartoonish characters and animations, and try something even more lifelike, as what I’ve seen so far appears all too familiar.

I’ll wait for the reviews and a clearer picture on the games modding potential, before buying. Undecided

"In The Darkness Casts My Light Shadow"

-HenryJoe
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 01, 2009, 04:26:47 am »

Even the sims 1 once it got going had better looking sims!!!. I might still get it as im curious about the seamless neighbourhood, but im going to mostly still be playing the sims 2 . Wink
Toledo2t22

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 04, 2009, 05:37:26 pm »

Sure I'll get It, I mean that is the "reason" behind getting a new computer. But that was way back before the release date was moved. The only problem is that I'll be on an exchange trip in Germany May 28th - July 6th.  cool

Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: May 17, 2009, 06:58:07 am »

I am kind of intrigued. But I haven't been buying any Sims products since Bon Voyage. Or any other EA games, for that matter. Yes, since SecuROM. And I vowed to myself to continue my boycott as long as EA stays that disrespectful towards their customers. Of course I encourage everyone else to do the same. cool

Of course there are ways, if one is wildly curious... there's always the option of buying second hand (they don't get any money from it, but it is still legal). And of course removing the malware before installing it to my beloved computer. Wink
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 10:23:28 am by Wednesday17 » Logged
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 17, 2009, 08:19:06 pm »

When I first heard about the sims 3 I was excited about the all the potential for new game play. That turned to cynicism when the stories about limited installs, online play, securom and so on started doing the rounds.
That has now turned to biter disappointment and anger as it looks more and more like a means to suck one into the pay for CC. merrygoround.
It is for that reason that I will not endorse EA's policy by buying the thing.
Perhaps in 12 months time IF they relent and allow CC. as per sims 2 because of disappointing sales.
To buy the thing on release is just endorsing their new CC./mod policy and will probably lead to even more stricter control in future games.
I would love the game, but I have to hold back and hope that my not buying now may add to the numbers and hopefully make them change their policy.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 18, 2009, 01:42:08 am »

Don't run too fast, people...unless you're running away from this game. Oh, and you can haz SecuROM. Run, do not walk, away from this pile of doody.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 18, 2009, 12:21:23 pm »

I read that and now I'm scared of that steaming pile of crap, where before I was just contemptuous.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 18, 2009, 12:45:23 pm »

I'm not buying until they allow CC - not paid CC that is.

But rest assured, they will get their sales. Hordes of children pestering their parents will take care of that, since EA hyped the game pretty well.
rosssinant

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 20, 2009, 10:04:12 am »

Sad I really had the intention to buy it... Until I actually downloaded, played and a couple of hours later uninstalled the game. I wouldn't trade my sims 2 with all its custom content and great hacks and everything for this... Apart from the traits system, there is nothing that seems to be superior to sims 2... Even most of the furniture is the same! Lips Sealed
simguy18
muscular sim drooler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: May 26, 2009, 12:21:59 pm »

I'm not buying a thing until I see custom content, and not their custom content!  When i see CC from the wonderful artists here, maybe I'll buy it. Pounce

Creativity is a key to all things good.
Ifrito

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 29, 2009, 10:39:59 pm »

I was going to buy the Sims 3, WAS. Its been a long road, and much crap has gone on. And I was so pleased when I learned that Securom was gone from the Sims 3, at least the version you could buy in the store.

But then, I learned about EA and their greedy grab at the custom content. I am saddened, disheartened, and infuriated at this. That EA, is so utterly stupid, to take a game such as the Sims. And take one of its major aspects, and not only attempt to deny people the ability to modify it as they see fit for their personal enjoyment. But attempt to follow this idiotic and growing trend of nickling and diming the consumer to death.

Now I know that not all of us in the Sims community are from america, but its pretty safe to say that a good number of us are. And as any of you who pay attention to that sort of thing know. The american economy is in the toilet. Jobs are not easy to get, and I for one will not be forced to continually pay EA for games I already bought once.

Maxis has/had a pretty remarkable game for the most part, but its fundemental flaw is that after 2-3 weeks, maybe month of playing, you've done everything you can. And it gets boring. You need more content. And they design, mostly bland and drab CRAP. Okay. I will not shell out extra money to EA so I can have a Maxis made sweater, or couch. When that money, could buy me food. Or toilet paper. Or any number of things I could USE or NEED.

When it comes to the Sims, the modding community be it the normal, or adult portion, has always had the better imagination. And this is one of those times where FREE content is always better. Okay, I have TRANSFORMERS walking around in my Sims 2 world. They didnt cost me a cent. They are spot on accurate in terms of design and appearence.

Because someone in the community loves the game, and appearently loved Transformers enough to take his precious time to make them and put them into the game and share them so others can enjoy. And the same can be said for everyone else who I have content from. Though I cant recall the many MANY peoples names that I have content from. I have to thank them for taking their time and effort to do so, to make fix's to annoying behaviours of Sims, to the Sims they make, to fixing errors that even Maxis cant be bothered to fix with updates. And they make the blasted games.

And its pretty obvious that I am driving at the fact that, the modding community. The Sims community makes the game. And EA is making a HUGE mistake in what they are doing. Even if they do turn a profit, they are really doing something they shouldnt.

I for one, love to shape my Sims world to what I want. Thats a major portion of the game to me right there, so what if you have a whole world open to you. What good is that if you cant make it your own?.

I dunno what else to say really, unless EA changes its policy, which frankly I dont think will happen unless they have a PR nightmare created for them. Which would involve the whole taking control of custom content..and nickling and diming us to death and their TOS and getting bunch of forces like G4 involved and against them in opinion involved....Well, I just dont see that happening.

I wont get the game unless the stance on Custom Content becomes like it was for the Sims 2.

I got the Repo man back, it was a sly move. Acting like I was his friend, and then...BAM!, into the burning kitchen with him he went!. They never found his remains....*Evil Laughter*
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 29, 2009, 10:54:45 pm »

Erm....maybe you should read up on recent threads concerning CC, because TSR has a custom content tool that will be released to the community free of charge once the game is released.

BUT not everyone wants to mess with TSR as everyone else knows TSR and EA are in bed with each other. (as Jenna says) Grin I bet they will let the first app go out free and a couple of days/weeks later they will say "Oops we forgot to upgrade and tweak it a little so we are releasing an even better one, but oh yeah you'll have to pay x amount of  $$ for this one" angry
Ifrito

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 29, 2009, 11:06:52 pm »

Oh, heh, there are new threads?.   Embarrassed

I didnt know, I've kinda been very up in arms over this whole mess. Well, that and some other stuff. But this was like the nail in the coffin for me.

I got the Repo man back, it was a sly move. Acting like I was his friend, and then...BAM!, into the burning kitchen with him he went!. They never found his remains....*Evil Laughter*
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 29, 2009, 11:18:52 pm »

It's okay, don't fret. I'm sure there will be a means of creating custom content once the game goes retail, but also pretty sure if TSR as anything to do with it that idea will be quickly shot to hell. tongue
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
  Print  

Jump to: