Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:11:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Updated Monique's Computer/Laptop Variety (FreeTime and Bon Voyage) 9-22-08 - UPDATED  (Read 127472 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2008, 06:19:00 pm »

All credit goes to Monique for her original work at her thread at MTS2.

Credit goes to Alexx for his fix to Monique's original Write Novel bug that he discovered and posted about in his thread at MATY.

Credit goes to Takasims2k5 for the wonderful Focus Book G laptop at MTS2 and at Takasims2k5's site.

ALL credit goes to Sunair of the Sunair Light Computer, which Monique used to add her functions and features to. I believe the original computer and its mesh are located at Sunair's site where Monique may have gotten it from. If not, all credit goes to Sunair nonetheless.

Two computers, Monique's Cheap Computer and TakaMQ Laptop, are available for $1500 with new features, whistles and bells (Kitchen sink not included) for your Sim(s) to drool over, making Moneywell's outdated computer (Maxis), Little Sister's WD15 flimsy laptop-wannabe (Maxis) and Mr Humble's craptastic computer (Maxis) look like slow and ugly dinosaurs from pre-DOS days! Yayy, the college students don't have to lug their oversized computers everywhere at Uni!

But, at a mere $3300, Monique's Expensive Computer makes everything seem unimportant with new features and shininess for your Sims to forget about their rusty kitchen sinks and holes in their pockets and the ozone layer above their houses! Cheesy

Oh wait! There's a spanking new computer to shed light on the Sims' insatiable desires to own every electronic device out there and every kitchen sink created! Just at $1000, the brand new Sunair Light Computer has everything a picky Sim could want and shouts "Look at me! Shiny! Bright light!". No, Sunair Light Computers do not do dishes still!

New Features:

Give Financial Advice - (better wording than "Give Financial Consulting" on all versions. Why "Give Financial Consulting" when "Give Financial Advice" makes sense? Available only IF the Fortune Sim or Sim with Secondary Fortune Aspiration choose the benefit from their Aspiration window for FT.)

Browse Web/Blog - (Available only IF the Sim has enough enthusiasm points in his or her hobby to do either one. All of the hobbies will become available if the Sim reach that point in some, most or all of his or her hobbies to do so. Enabled for children as well as teens, adults and elders to browse the web and/or blog if they have enough enthusiasm points in their hobby.)

Write Restaurant Guide - (Available only IF the Pleasure Sim or Sim with Secondary Pleasure Aspiration choose the benefit from their Aspiration window for FT. Enabled for Teens and up who have this Aspiration.)

Start Gaming Competition - (Available only IF there is more than one computer and more than one Sim on a home or university lot. Similar to LAN Party, but available at all times.)

Write Novel - (Completely revamped to be compatible with FreeTime. This new function enables Sims to choose the plot elements and book cover for their new novels just like they would on the FT computers.)

Pottery and Sewing Badges - (Added to the functions for studying badges on both home and business lots.)

All of the original options (except Write Novel) are available on these versions for those of you who want everything -but- the kitchen sink. All versions have autonomy removed, meaning that there should be -no- reason for your Sim(s) to touch the computer without you telling them to.

The Cheap and Expensive Computer versions can use recolors made by Monique and/or happygolucky.

You can use either JM Pescado's "nohumble" (MATY) or Jfade's "djshumblechoice" (DJS site) mods. For descriptions of their mods, visit their sites/threads to check them out. Whichever floats your boat.

I request these versions not be uploaded to any pay and/or free site and Exchange please.

A few screenshots below to check out some of the new features and computer versions.

9-22-08:

Fixed the enthusiasm issue with all FT computers preventing Sims from gaining enthusiasm while they play computer games.

*Thanks to Mr Squinge for relaying the issue to me from someone in the AL thread.*

8-28-08:

FT computers can be used with AL until further notice when I can look into adding a feature to the computers.

7-18-08:

**NEW VERSIONS FOR BV AND FT OUT WITH NEW FIXES**

I will also be including the fixes for the BV versions that the FT versions were based on. So if anyone has only BV as their latest expansion pack (and does NOT have FreeTime), they can download the fixed BV version of their choice here.

All of the versions for both FT and BV contains an old bug that had been addressed in Monique's original thread at MTS2 but weren't fixed, causing the Sims to throw errors repeatedly and force players to exit their games without saving. This particular bug only affects clean/empty and merged neighborhoods.

Only the Expensive and Sunair Computer versions have an extra fix to address the Write Term Paper issue being pointed out in this thread. The college Sims were writing their term papers but they weren't getting credit for their completed term papers.

Credit goes to ancienthighway and teskitty (and possibly other people for the Write Term Paper issue). Thank you for helping.

Fixed 4-4-08:

A minor label fix was implemented to address the issue brought up by jsalemi in Alexx's thread at MATY. The old label "Sell Community Lot" was changed back to "Sell Owned Lot" to reflect the option(s) to sell both vacation homes and business lots back. "Sell Community Lot" was Monique's own label for the original "Sell Owned Lot" function that was seen on Maxis computers.

Fixed 4-4-08:

With Alexx's permission, I incorporated his fix for the Write Novel issue he addressed in his thread at MATY. Monique's original Write Novel function was re-introduced into the FT version of Monique's Cheap Computer.

4-5-08:

Redownload if you don't have the current version to be sure you have the most recently updated version of Monique's Cheap Computer for FreeTime. Remember to remove any old versions of Monique's Cheap Computer and install the newest version. Just a reminder to watch for new updates.

4-7-08:

The Expensive Computer version is up for downloading now. This one can use the recolors made by Monique at her thread. Same features, shiny whistles and new bells but the kitchen sink is still not included!

4-9-08:

Readjusted the prices on these two versions to bring them back in line because in reality, computers cost more if they have Vista and have more features than Windows 98/XP. That same idea is applied to these computers in Sims 2.

4-20-08:

I uploaded the fixed version of Monique's Expensive Computer version with the correct Write Novel function to allow Sims to choose plot elements and book covers for their novels. The fixed version also allows the Sims to enter the "zone" (in other words, gain Enthusiasm) when they begin writing their novels.

Apparently, I uploaded the wrong version of Monique's Expensive Computer and didn't notice anything odd about this version not giving one of my Sims any enthusiasm. Thank you for pointing it out, Sanati.

The new version is labeled FT_MQ_Expensive_Computer_v.1.4_FIXEDFinal.

4-25-08:

The laptop version is now available! This one retains all of the original features and Freetime functions (based on FT_MQ_Cheap_Computer_v.1.7Final) with a slimmer and shinier look. Many thanks to Taka for letting me use the laptop with permission because I really liked the laptop myself for my game! Smiley

4-26-08:

**LAPTOP version now available**

5-20-08:

** Sunair Light Computer now available **

**NOTE: Re-download if you don't have the current version please.**

*CAUTION*: If you don't have FreeTime, download only the BV versions here if you want the new fixed computers.

* FTMQSS5.jpg (104.2 KB, 600x600 - viewed 33247 times.)

* FTMQSS3.jpg (103.34 KB, 600x600 - viewed 11106 times.)

* FT_TakaMQ_Laptop.jpg (99.65 KB, 600x600 - viewed 9887 times.)
* FT_MQ_Expensive_Computer_v2.2.zip (1063.35 KB - downloaded 1954 times.)
* FT_MQTaka_Laptop_v2.2.zip (390.55 KB - downloaded 1952 times.)
* BV_Monique_Cheap_Computer_v2.0.zip (395.83 KB - downloaded 1481 times.)

* FT_MQ_Sunairlight_Computer.jpg (96.21 KB, 600x600 - viewed 10165 times.)
* FT_MQ_Sunair_v2.2.zip (456.32 KB - downloaded 1813 times.)
* FT_MQ_Cheap_Computer_v2.2.zip (398.15 KB - downloaded 1850 times.)
* BV_Monique_Expensive_Computer_v2.0.zip (685.64 KB - downloaded 1648 times.)
* BV_Monique_Sunair_Computer_v2.0.zip (683.39 KB - downloaded 1487 times.)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 10:48:36 pm by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
maniac19642003
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 08:32:29 pm »

Glad to see someone is updating monique's pc's like this as I use to use one of hers in my game as well. Cant wait to see the others done as well. The one I use to have in my game was the "MQ_Computer_Expensive_v15.1_BON_VOYAGE" pc and would love to have it in my game then as well.

Nice work on updating this pc from her for Free Time.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 09:10:00 pm »

Thank you Smiley I've always been a fan of Monique's mods since I discovered her work at MTS2 a little over a year ago. It's sad she's not around anymore, but I do hope other people will enjoy the new version of her computer for FreeTime. I didn't want to see this good computer go to a dark little corner somewhere and collect dust...

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
KuriXarya

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 11:34:36 pm »

I waited a long time for Monique's computer. Thanks a lot.
SaraF

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 10:48:37 am »

Thank you! I've really been missing her computer a lot. I can't wait to get in game and get rid of all the humble computers Smiley
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 12:32:56 pm »

Mr Humble's computer is cool to look at, but not every household wants or needs that thing. You could prevent more by getting one of the two anti-Humble mods. One is to prevent him from even showing his face and made his computer buyable Electronics, and the other is a choice to accept or not accept the gift. I liked both of them, but I had to choose one over the other.

Yeah, Monique's computer is something I've enjoyed alot. Smiley

Dancing Squirrels
Llial

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 07:38:23 am »

Thank you for updating this very usefull computer.

I have a question regarding Monique's ATM Mashine. Does your pc still works with the atm together?
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 09:17:00 am »

great update!  This is one of my favourite mods!  Thanks Chaavik!

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Dizi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 09:51:21 am »

I love MQ's computers! Oh thank you so much! Are you planning to update the other versions? Not pushing or anything, just having this one is so fabulous.
Thanks much!
Great job!
~dizi

Thanks to everybody who submits their work, you've made my game so wonderful sometimes I can't STAND it!
My X-Men fanfiction can be found here and pics of my X-Men and other sims here (everythings under 'scraps')
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 01:25:26 pm »

I may do the other versions. Someone at MATY requested the same thing, so I will look into both of these. I wasn't sure about the Sunair Light version because this one was someone else's creation that Monique worked on. I need to look at the creator's policy first to make sure she has given permission freely for it to be re-distributed. Many good Sims 2 sites have gone under with alot of good stuff being gone or moved somewhere else.

I'm also uploading a minor fix later today to correct a minor issue brought up by someone at MATY.

Dancing Squirrels
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 04:30:42 pm »

Quote from: Llial;1199826
Thank you for updating this very usefull computer.

I have a question regarding Monique's ATM Mashine. Does your pc still works with the atm together?

I personally didn't use that mod. Let me look at what it is.. Be back to comment on this one. Good question by the way!

Okay, that is one mod I didn't use. So, I can't really say if it works or not. But I did see a couple of comments from Monique in her ATM thread that her hacked object use the same bank controllers as her hacked computer do, and that the newest bank controllers -would- overwrite the older bank controllers if I understood right how these two hacked objects work together.

I don't see any reason for having both of them together unless an ATM is placed on a community lot. The hacked computer is a standalone, separte from the ATM. If you plan to use both of them for your game, just make sure you don't allow them to overwrite each other. My version does have an updated bank controller though..

Best suggestion is to create separate folders in your Downloads folder and name them for example: Monique_Computer and Monique_ATM. Makes life easier that way. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 04:41:49 pm by Chaavik » Logged

Dancing Squirrels
Prince Tim

The Evil Prince

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 04:33:04 pm »

I like everyone else it seems, have been waiting for this to be updated..thanks bunches!!!

T
ganymede30324

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 08:40:20 pm »

Thank you! Smiley

Donner Crowe

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 11:06:49 pm »

SWEET!! I love Monique's pc! Thank you so much!
payday1999
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 11:43:34 pm »

Thanks for doing this Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: