Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 07:27:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Apartment Life- EP 8?  (Read 61695 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2008, 10:06:33 pm »

I have been seeing info on line about a new EP called Apartment Life. If you google Sims 2 apartment life, there's alot of discussions come up. According to snootysims the unconfirmed date is September 2008.

I have been reading this thread about it. Just speculation and theories, but will be nice to have real apartment living finally. With the dorms and hotels features, I think this could have been a possibility a long time ago. Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 01:29:14 am »

All of this based on a single Swiss/German web-sales site that changed the name of the offered item not long after sims sites started mentioning it.  Rod Humble - the official EA Sims 2 mouth-piece (read as "paid liar" like Grima Wormtongue of Tolkien fame) said that Free Time was the last EP.  My best guess is that Sims Apartment Life is most likely going to be a free-standing game like Life Stories and more than likely not for the PC, probably some XBox or PS3 madness if Apartment Life is even made or even the real name of the product.

The name has been changed to EP 8 now - and from all I can see on every forum - this is the only site listing anything of the sort.  Usually you can rely on Amazon.com to list it if it's genuine.

The same Swiss/German site lists Stuff Pack 8 - so who knows - but this late in the life arc of the game - I can't imagine they'd do very much for us - it's not like I expect to see Makin' Magic, Superstar or anything particularly cool out of EA only weeks before the release of TS3.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 01:44:30 am by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Juke Box

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 01:32:40 am »

I agree with beosboxboy, it would be for xbox,ps3 etc. Since the official EA Sims2 said that Free Time was the last EP. If this may be true, I would love to have it.

Goal : Get a PS3, bought by me [ ]
[/b][/font]
verenaheu

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 02:10:10 am »

Quote from: beosboxboy;1205779

- I can't imagine they'd do very much for us -  out of EA only weeks before the release of TS3.

They wouldnt do it for us, but for their own wallet. I´d buy it anyways.:happy8:
You really believe it will be released on time?:smt120 you have some trust...
Siminatic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 07:35:47 am »

I think it sounds interesting and if they make a console version I will probably buy it...I spent weeks playing the Urbs on my Gamecube and I loved it,os if it is anything like that I think I want it.

If a kid asks where rain comes from,I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying."And if he asks why God is crying,another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did"Jack Handey
junkiebox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 12:39:28 pm »

A person posted about this on another forum and I just saw this at SnootySims.

* simsapartment.jpg (332.47 KB, 721x600 - viewed 1133 times.)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 12:42:51 pm by junkiebox » Logged

They know my fears and cry in my tears
Through a face without an eye at all
maniac19642003
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 12:46:47 pm »

I just saw that as well Junin and was about to post it as well lol.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 12:57:11 pm »

Thank you for that post, Junin, that pretty much cinches it then - Apartment Life is the 8th EP, even if they change the name, it will be dealing with multi-family residences.

Maybe it will have stacks of flats that operate a bit like the university dorms or Bon Voyage hotels: you control one or more Sims in one or more flats and the rest gets greyed out. *shrug*

Lewisb40 - with this new confirmation, I am making this topic a sticky Smiley
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 01:07:23 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 01:11:29 pm »

Hmm...could be interesting, but I don't know. Though, I'd heard rumours EA was going to sneak in another EP before Sims 3 was released. *shrugs*

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 01:46:27 pm »

Phooey on Apts. I'm waiting for the Ikea stuff pack. I want it now. Wink

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Vasculio

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 02:08:27 pm »

This is good news to me Cheesy appartment life will rock!

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: Do you want to run this ship?
Jayne Cobb: Yes!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: [caught off guard] Well... you can't...
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 02:09:39 pm »

Wow, I have made "sticky status". Woohoo! LOL, that was some good info, Junin. Thanks. Now I can put my apartment buildings to use in my game. I always wanted that. Wink

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 03:06:56 pm »

Quote from: lewisb40;1206417
Wow, I have made "sticky status". Woohoo! LOL, that was some good info, Junin. Thanks. Now I can put my apartment buildings to use in my game. I always wanted that. Wink

Lewis, although you always inspire me, I still have to say: FEH (even if now it's a tentative FEH)!

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
Siminatic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 03:18:37 pm »

Quote from: PegasusDiana;1206372
Phooey on Apts. I'm waiting for the Ikea stuff pack. I want it now. Wink

:::::::::::::perks ears:::::::::::::Ikea stuff?really?I must have it

If a kid asks where rain comes from,I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying."And if he asks why God is crying,another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did"Jack Handey
Ghen

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 04:22:04 pm »

I like the idea, I have a feeling of foreboding though the whole concept sounds too 'complicated' for them to carry off (what with their very rigorous testing ), I guess that means I won't be getting FreeTime (yeah right :liar:).

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: