Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 09:46:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what exactly is groups.cache?  (Read 1288 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
coolreko

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2008, 01:03:27 am »

I hate to be a nuisance, but what exactly is group.catche?
Some of my sims are bugged, and I was wondering if that was causing the problem. The Swain guy in the University expansion won't even do anything on his own, along with the other male roommates, without some queue coming up that say "delete, reset, or cancel." I have tons of hacks/mods but they are updated with freetime, so I'm not really sure whats causing it.

Make Ye A Goowd Tilty! ^_^
You can check out my myspace page if you want :dance:
http://www.myspace.com/cmarkiep

~Sims addict going on 6 years now~
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 12:16:16 am »

groups.cache is a part of the game's content catalogue. It severs as the master index of the catalogue.  The content catalogue is comprised of several files that include the thumbnail packages ( and in Pets EP and later EPs accessories.package )

There is a similar file used for the catalogue in BodyShop: cigen.package - this file differs from the in-game catalogue in that all the various parts are all contained in this single file.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: