Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:35:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UseShaders cheat makes my pool flash red!!!HELP  (Read 2976 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Timm123

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2008, 09:57:37 pm »

Well first of all i didnt have the fish in the pond or the fish in tank, and i didnt have the snow x-ray or the ripples and reflections in the pool. but then i used the cheat "boolprop useShaders on" and it enabled the the fish and the snow x-ray,and pool has ripples and a reflection but the pool tiles and wall keeps flashing red and ive tried everything!!! Somebody please help.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 07:38:47 am »

then, your grapics probably don't support it. if you turn off the cheat everything should be back to normal (except the fishes...).

I lost the fishes too once, but I've not tried the cheat yet myself.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Timm123

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 02:37:03 pm »

is there anyway els to enable the fishes or the snow x-ray? plus the bumpmapping cheat only happens to work when useshaders are on. it makes the sim clothing detail alot better. But im sure ive got the right graphics cards because i bought a new one not to long ago. because the old one kept messing with my monitor and the screen would just go blank.
Timm123

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 02:46:42 pm »

Nevermind....I just found out that the graphics card i got was used from ebay but pretty much my game has good graphics but its just that pool thing thats getting on my nerves. If anybody can find a solution please help.
pennyhugo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 10:02:04 pm »

have you changed the walls and floors of the pool? I you havent, try to change it. but if you have, and it did not work, sorry cant help more. I have done that to my pool when it flashes like that and it's gone. Good luck on your game and take care... mwah!
cloudy_cml

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 11:52:29 pm »

In my old laptop, I had this problem too! It's really annoying,isn't it? I guess my graphic card wasn't strong enough. That's what my computer technician said, adding that he can't help me. Now, I have a new laptop with a better graphic card, and the problem is solved. But I'm not sure if there's any way to fix it, not by uprading your computer
Timm123

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 04:15:04 pm »

I guess i can live with a little graphics problem. Well any way im getting the sims 2 deluxe because my nightlife wont install, and it comes with bon voyage. I really hope it wont have this problem with the beach or any of the pools when i reinstall anything. I dont really know much about graphics cards but can anybody tell me which ones are the good ones?
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 06:18:37 pm »

Did you ever update your DirectX and video card drivers?  If you have a pretty decent card and it's worked before, you might want to try updating those two and see what happens.  Wink

Timm123

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 10:39:27 pm »

I updated Directx and nothing happened. Sad
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 11:53:13 am »

Timm123 installing a new EP will not solve this problem, only make it worse. I got that problem on my old PC laptop when I installed Pets. Every new EP takes mroe of the video card, and if you're having problems now, then just wait til you install BV. I guess you will have all walls flashing red, like I did... What you need is a better graphics card.

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: