Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:49:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Losing Simming Motivation  (Read 6967 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kevida97

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2008, 04:30:14 pm »

Ever since the annoncement that TS3 is coming out. I have lost motivation to play the Sims! Has anyone else been going through this?

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
SVT

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 04:37:29 pm »

You mean you're tired of the sims in general or you won't buy ts3?

:stop:SECUROM MUST BE DESTROYED:stop:
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 04:54:35 pm »

I haven't felt that way at all. In fact I am not really looking forward to TS3, because it would mean I would probably have to get another PC that is more powerful. My PC is great right now and can play just about any game out there. Also I spent a ton of money on TS2 and there is still one more expansion pack for me to buy. I will probably buy TS3 like a year or so after it is released. I am love TS2 too much to stop playing.

Simming is a way of Life!!!  :toothy4:
Check out my sims pictures.
My Apocalyse Challenge
2nd Place in Part of Your World - Jocelyn Lanier
3rd Place in The Devil
chaos111971

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 05:07:37 pm »

yah thank about it for a second when the sims 2 came out there where hardly any mods or web sites link to sims2 and now theres tons of them i have 5gb of down loads that i used my paypay for so ya i love the sims and i cant wait till sims3 come out  thesims2 rules
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 07:23:25 pm »

Well, my motivation took a dip a while ago, when I started falling behind on EPs and started missing out on the new opportunities for more picture poses and all... but now that I know how to mesh, it might stick around for a while longer.  :smile bi:  Seeing as I'm still satisfied with all EPs (sans PEsTS) up to Seasons, I know I'm definitely not going for any more EA products until I can see that they're actually working on becoming more trustworthy... mainly by rethinking the SecuRom issue, which is like wishing for a snowflake to last forever in a firestorm.  :laugh:

It doesn't mean that it still doesn't take hits at times... right now, my game is somewhat crash-happy again, and I have a deadline to meet tonight for a contest.  So it's quite difficult at the moment.  :?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 07:25:35 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 07:27:49 pm »

Quote from: SVT;1232529
You mean you're tired of the sims in general or you won't buy ts3?

In general. Maybe I'm just going through a phase. It could be that I am having a mild case of melacholia due to the end of an era.  I suppose that the lack of news about either TS3 or Apartment life is bothering me as well. I mean something gets annouce and then you hear no follow up afterward can really take the wind out of your sails!

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 08:02:36 pm »

well, I'll most likely wait a bit after sims3 is released before buying it (if I do). waiting for CC/hacks to come and such.
and for now I'm happy with sims2 (except a few things that I'm doubting will be fixed in sims3). I also like the faces a lot better in sims2.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
xoJessi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 02:39:36 pm »

Well after so many years I'm starting to get a bit (dare I say it).... bored...

Not because of TS3, thats not even on my agenda, just getting sick of all the crashes. Sad

They're should be new information on Apartments and TS3 soon enough. If your bored I suggest trying some challenges or entering some contests. Creating a hood based on your favorite book or movie, or anything else you can think of. Of course you could take a break from the game for awhile and come back when you feel motivation to play again. Smiley

My Sims Journal/Photo Album Come see what my sims are up to!

Real Sims
Sims Oasis
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 07:29:17 pm »

xoJessi I think that I'll follow your third suggestion as far as not playing for a while. Maybe I need a break!

Spookylicious

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 07:46:55 pm »

I think the last time I played it was about a month ago.I'm just really bored of it now and I am looking forward to the release of The Sims 3. I have even sold all my expansion packs.I just kept Freetime around so if I decide to maybe play it,but that's about it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 01:30:53 pm by Spookylicious » Logged

~•♥•~~•♥•~Chillin Like A Villain ~•♥•~~•♥•~
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 06:59:41 am »

I won't say I'm bored with the game, but its' hold on me is waning. Possibly this is just a momentary thing, but I sincerely doubt that I would go so far as to sell my game!
Unless it is very well made, and it doesn't require a new computer, new specs and lots of money, I will not get Sims 3. That won't be out until next year, so I'm just going to wait and keep playing my game.

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 05:20:19 am »

I think all of us loose interest from time to time. There have been several times I'll quit playing for a couple weeks to a month, then I go back and play them.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 07:38:36 am »

A agree, Diana. I lost all interest for a while until I wondered why I was downloading at all. Then one weekend I decided to try out going on a vacation and I've been having fun doing that. Smiley

VB sounds great, but I am a CC snob, so I really want to wait and see what can be created FOR that game to make it better. I can't imagine playing the sims without any custom content. But that's just me.

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 03:16:16 pm »

The only reason I'm playing the Sims right now is for a contest (Mayor of SimCity) and story.
barrydaddy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 04:26:30 pm »

Yes i did when my wife left me after 25 years of marriage but now i am back on sims 2 and the net.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: