Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 01:01:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: not sure if even possible  (Read 2117 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lonelypixie2

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2008, 08:23:53 pm »

i have been playing sims ever since s1. i love the fact that there is other neighborhoods, but i never play them. is there anyway to get the lots and families from, for instance, strangetown to pleasant view?

i know just enough about uploading into my game to get me into trouble. lets just say i have un-installed and reinstalled ts2 like 5 or 6 times in the last 3 years!:punch:
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 08:36:04 pm »

well, then you should probably not try moving families... it's done with SimPE, and it might mess up your game if you do it very wrong. you need some knowledge of how SimPE works, too. But you can always try Smiley I think there's some tutorials here at Insim, and also at the SimPE site.

I think you can package lots and sims together, too (ingame). but I'm not completely sure they will be aviable for the other neighbourhoods - like empty lots are. the sims also loose their memories and family ties if I'm not completely mistaken (I've never tried...)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 08:39:40 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 07:04:46 am »

There is no way you can move families or houses from one neighborhood to another without a massive set of problems.
There is, however a way to do it, without making your computer go up in a puff of smoke-but it requires that you download a certain merged neighborhood-and that contains all the families from all the hoods. It's available at MATY, but I suggest you read about how this is done before you do it.
This option does require that you have no neighborhood called "N001" because the download is numbered that-but it has Veronaville and Strangetown made as suburbs of Pleasantview.
I did download this and have had great success in playing it-if you only have the base and NL, it works. There is another merged neighborhood that requires OFB, and Seasons that you can also download.
Both of these are about 80 MB in size, and are RARRED.
If you want to download either of these, and you want to save any of your families, save them to a package-that way you can put them in your new game.
Hope this helps.

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 10:08:36 am »

Actually it is quite safe to package an occupied lot and reinstall the it.  Family relationship for the occupants are maintained, IIRC, but all other relationships as well as all memories are removed.  After placing the lot in the new hood, you can leave the family there or move into another lot.  

While flat lots should transfer okay, because of the differences of terrain between the neighborhoods you could end up with some warped terrain in the neighborhood you play.  You may consider setting these lots off in a far corner and move the family.  Then if you bulldoze the lot, you can place the next one in the same spot and minimize warpage.

Before moving lots and families like this though, you need to be aware that sims in Strangetown and Verona are buggy.  I'm thinking those bugs would move with them to the new neighborhood, which would then put your current hood in danger.  Just as MATY has the super neighborhood with suburbs as MaryH mentioned, you can also find fixed versions of all the neighborhoods there.  If you seriously want to move the sims and lots all to one neighborhood, get the fixes first.

Personally, I delete the 3 provided neighborhoods and start my own from scratch, along with killing off all the townies and NPCs and recreate them.
lonelypixie2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 05:12:39 pm »

thank you all for your responses. sorry to not get back sooner. i think that i shouldn't bother trying, sounds like i might end up having to just deal with it the way it is or else ill end up having to re-install my game, again.
jlw484

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 08:59:35 pm »

Try this out.  You may not want to move families from one neighborhood to another but you can have all families from all the neighborhoods interact with each other.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 09:01:09 pm by jlw484 » Logged
lonelypixie2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 10:32:41 pm »

some how some way my computer actually let me bin each family and move them to another neighborhood! i know everything i've read tells me that its dangerous and not to do it, but it ACTUALLY let me do it. i still have to do some testing with it to see if it runs smoothly or not, so ill check back here at a later date to let everyone know what's up.... (i backed up my game files before i did this and also found how to restart the entire game with out having to uninstall and re-install, i'm one happy camper right now =])

jlw484....... i tried that back a while ago but everything showed up grey so i uninstalled it, but good lookin out, =]
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 11:16:29 pm »

Yes, it will let you do it.  There's no need to continue testing, the new neighborhood is hosed.  You may not see it right away, but it is.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 08:19:38 pm »

Ancient is on the money.  Made this mistake with one of my hoods without thinking... and the next time I tried moving one of my families out the household they were in, the game crashed mid-moving... and everything about that family was lost.  Stupid move, but then again playing the game while half-sleep really wasn't a good move on my part.  :doh:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: