Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 08:17:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: why is my attic cold in winter?  (Read 4472 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SlimSimsTs

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2008, 05:47:39 am »

I always build an attic room, before seasons, I had no problems, but now, in some houses, the attic gets cold in winter, I am also unable to put a ceiling light there either (light must be placed inside)

the room darkens like normal, when a room is enclosed

is an attic room always cold and unlivable in winter, or is something wrong?

I'd just use "moveobjects on" to place the ceiling light, but I hate to sleep on the couch during the winter LOL
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 06:41:30 am »

sure the roof covers the entire room? might me a part of it that don't cover properly

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 08:26:14 am »

It's a Seasons bug that never got fixed in any patch really.  Since the roof walls aren't "real" walls, what you'd have to do is tear down those walls with either your sledgehammer or wall tool, and then add the real walls around the room.  That should fix your temperature issues with the attic.  :angel:

(There's a visual tutorial out there, but I can't remember where exactly.  I know it was on MTS2 somewhere, so once I find it, I'll post the link here.  Wink )

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 05:23:23 pm »

Like Tenshi said, the roof walls take on a different composition with Seasons. I had to rebuild all my attics when seasons came out, cause the roof is considered outdoors. There are tutorials out at MTS2, you can start here.
Hope that helps.

Also while building an attic roof, you can check if it is consider indoor or out by holding "Shift" and "Alt" then point the cursor to the room you want to test. The last line about weather will tell you if it's indoor or outdoors. Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
SlimSimsTs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 05:57:51 pm »

thanks alot, everyone who replied, glad to know it isn't just me, also thanks for the shift alt tip, maybe that will keep poor sally from freezing to death next winter, poor little thing was turning blue
Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 01:12:58 am »

Yeah if u check out the Pleasant home u will find that the girls room do the same thing and i had a house i downloaded do it too...i was surprised the 1st. time i saw it....

BEV
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 07:40:36 am »

Thanks for finding that link, NeeCee.  I sure couldn't find it last night to save my life.  :lol:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: