Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:36:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seasons is a Junk EP.  (Read 2596 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
simkitty

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2008, 09:23:12 am »

I had too take this EP out today after playing it like forever cause my PC hates this EP it crashes my pc everytime and causes it too overheat.
Get this though I can play all the other EP's and SP's no problem at all except for some minor lag all the way up too Freetime.But my PC refuses too like Seasons(odd).
People say theres a memory leak with BV and Freetime,but I have too seriously wonder if theres one in Seasons also,I just don't get it.
My PC has 3 gigs of RAM and 256 ATI GForce 9650 card and a brand new monitor and 3 new fans and a brand new power suply.
My thought's is Seasons is possesed.I hated that stupid weather anyways annoying OOOOhhh!!! look it's snowing and raining for the 8th millionth time,big whoop.
lol sorry had too get that off my chest.
Seasons bites the big one.I'll just play my buggy little Freetime.
:smt120

I'd explain it to you, but your brain would explode.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 07:29:58 pm »

sure it's not a hack or something else in your Downloads folder that is messing with seasons?

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 08:04:30 pm »

Is this a cry for help or a rant?  :lol:  Hate to hear you're having problems with such a good EP.  It gets old after a while, but at least it was something different and new for Sims in general.  :angel:

Do you happen to have Windows Vista on your computer?  I hear that's a resource hog when it comes to gaming... maybe that's part of the issue?  :dontknow:  And have you tried the game optimization tips over at Sim Wardrobe?  (under Tutorials)  I think it'll work the same with other Windows OS's, just a few different steps I guess.  Wink

Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 02:45:06 pm »

I haven't any problem with Seasons (and I'm still enjoying this pack), it's seem so categorical to say its a junk EP. Have you try, first, to play without your Downloads to be sure that any custom content isn't involved ? Wink
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 09:12:06 pm »

It amazes me how many people just echo unsupported rants about something just because they don't take the time to try the game without their precious downloads and can't be bothered with trying to find the updated mods and hacks that they love.

Memory leaks?  Then I shouldn't be able to tab between TS2, Guild Wars, Everquest II, and Railroad Tycoon 3, with 3 browsers opened all at the same time as much as I do....or even have all of them running simultaneously AND constantly.  Nor am I constantly rebooting because of rumored Securom issues.  Neither Inteenimater nor InSimenator have borked any of my games under any EP once I updated to the proper version of said mods.

If you want help getting it to run, ask.

But if you think it's truly a junk EP, then welcome your new drink coaster to your collection and stop posting in every thread your frustration with your ability to get it to work properly.
sumpsychochic

Tiffany

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 02:23:28 am »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1258411

Memory leaks?  Then I shouldn't be able to tab between TS2, Guild Wars, Everquest II, and Railroad Tycoon 3, with 3 browsers opened all at the same time as much as I do....or even have all of them running simultaneously AND constantly.  Nor am I constantly rebooting because of rumored Securom issues.  Neither Inteenimater nor InSimenator have borked any of my games under any EP once I updated to the proper version of said mods.

I do the same on my computer and have had no issues either. I can leave the sims running for days and still have other processes running and never get memory leaks.

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 07:14:38 am »

Well, the one thing we can all forget at times is everyone doesn't have the same experience on their own computer.  What works for some may not work for others.  Wink  

And simkitty, forgot to mention this before:  even the most top-notch of PCs can have something going on, new or not.  If you think there's a memory leak somewhere, try checking your RAM sticks just in case.  I hear the free download of MemTest86 helps with the diagnostics part.   I may be off a bit, but just a thought.  :angel:

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 09:38:27 pm »

True, there are tests out there to do, even with newer high-powered computers.  When I got my new computers, I read everything that had to do with optimizing Vista and how Vista may affect the game. I did updates on my OS system and the video card, Nvidia 8400. (I forget the whole name)  I don't have any issues with memory leaks, or graphics problem with the game. My computer isn't high-powered, just a 2100 dual processor with 2 gigs of RAM, and I play the game, browse the internet, and play with my paint program at the same time. It's all in the updates, mods and OS programs.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
aqua-sheep
Plaid Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 04:03:12 pm »

Seasons is not a junk EP!! It's actually my favorite one.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: