Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:03:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Mesh troubles...  (Read 3813 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« on: June 03, 2008, 07:07:59 pm »

This looks like a job for a pro-mesher on this one...  I'm trying to be like BlooM and make somewhat of a full-body alpha/multi mesh this go around.  :lol:  Unfortunately, I think the way I've done things isn't going to help in the style I'm aiming for... (looking at the results attached, I get constant bleed-throughs and odd transparencies in the pants area and in the sleeves of the long alpha shirt.  Both the shorts and long top are supposed to be alpha editable, and I was eventually going to add a pair of pants to the mix later, but not until I figure out what the heck I'm doing wrong here.  :scratch: )

I've searched around and found a few topics related to this already, but I've tried each method mentioned in each thread to no avail.  :doh:  Here's all that I've done thus far:

::smilieiforgetwhi::  Split the parts of the mesh assigned as "alphas" into multiple pieces (the shirt is at least 6-8 parts, all of which are named as "top"; the shorts 8 parts exactly, all named "pants")

::smilieiforgetwhi::  Changed "SimSkin" to "SimStandardMaterial" on the shirt and board shorts' Material Definitions

::smilieiforgetwhi::  Set the stdMatAlphaTestEnabled line to "0"

::smilieiforgetwhi::  Set the stdMatAlphaBlendMode to "blend"

I don't know if I'm missing something here, or if this method can be done with such a top.  Plus, I think it's important that I mention that I'm using Blender3D for meshing anyways, so I'm not sure if I can translate but so much of Milkshape3D tutorials into that program.  :?  I'm thinking of just putting this idea off and going with a series of normal meshes instead to get what I intended, but I really wanted to see if it could be done properly.  Do I have to rename the bottom  half of the shirt as something else in order to cut out that crap happening down there?  Or is there an important step I'm missing in all of this?  :dontknow:

* (AlphaMeshTrouble-1.JPG (30.66 KB, 600x600 - viewed 882 times.)

* (AlphaMeshTrouble2).JPG (25.51 KB, 600x600 - viewed 338 times.)

* (AlphaMeshTrouble-3).JPG (27.92 KB, 600x600 - viewed 347 times.)

* (AlphaMeshTrouble-4).JPG (25.94 KB, 600x600 - viewed 299 times.)

* (AlphaMeshTrouble-5).JPG (29.74 KB, 600x600 - viewed 331 times.)

* (AlphaMeshTrouble-6).JPG (21.85 KB, 600x600 - viewed 341 times.)

* (AlphaMeshTrouble-7).JPG (28.25 KB, 600x600 - viewed 347 times.)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 07:10:04 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 02:54:45 pm »

first, you used the blend settings.
Why? you want to make the parts transparant?

I strongly recomment you start easy, the reason i split up my meshes is because i want to use the outfit as a solid outfit but also have the possibility to use the transparancy.
Dont forget that if your using 8 diffrent groups for the top you will need also 8 groups for the morph....and then the pants.....

Wat i recommend Wink
Regroup everything in either one or 2 groups and change the alphatest enabled to ''1'' and the alphablend to ''none''
This will give you the possibility to cut away parts from outfit in bodyshop but you can not make parts transparant.

If you insist to have both transparant and solid textures in one outfit you need to change the opacity on the mesh groups.
the body is set to -1 while i use opacity 3 (inside textures) and 5(outside textures) for the bottom and 7(inside textures) and 9(outside textures) for the top.
And give the sleeves a opacity of 11 and 13.
I dont know if you can change this in Blender itself like milkshape but you also can change it with Simpe after you imported, problem is i dont know how.....

Also, looking at the screenshots it seems you have a few reversed faces, but im not sure.
set alphatestenabled to and none blend and look again.

Oh, those bleeding through issues come with the game;)
the reason there weren't that many alpha's
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 03:05:56 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 03:29:22 pm »

Well, I didn't want them to be transparent, but able to edit parts away when needed.  I'll attempt to take a stab at the way you have it up above and see what happens.  :smile bi:

And I've been trying to find a way to edit the Opacity values in Blender with no luck... same with SimPE.  :dontknow:  Either way, I went on ahead and made separate meshes of the ideas I had in store for this one.  I'll probably try again (if I can't get it to work) once I get a little more familiar with all the secret stuff in Blender.  :lol:  Thanks for the tips!

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 08:07:54 pm »

If you open the mesh with milkshape and click the gmdc you see in the bottom window a tab called ''groups''
Click and wait till the groups show, you also have a box on the right to change the opacity.
Open a hairmesh or one of my multi meshes to view some settings.
Default(-1) is 0xFFFFFFFF while others use the numbers itself.(like 0x00000007 for instance)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 08:10:30 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 09:27:51 pm »

You know what?  It was right in front of me the whole time.  :doh:

SimPE, while looking at the GMDC... clicking on the little "Groups" tab right under the "file name" and "Block Lists" pulldown menus brings all of that same info you mention up.  I think I understand how to do it now.  (Because I tried just the other thing in your post above with no success... now I think I can work around it and try again.  :smile bi:)

Thanks a bunch, BlooM.  You've been a big help!  :group hu:

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 10:58:48 pm »

Because I tried just the other thing in your post above with no success

That i dont believe.....those are the best settings to make a nice alpha mesh..
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 11:02:31 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 06:44:50 am »

:shock: Oops!  I can understand why... 'cause I was half sleep last night when I typed that.  I meant trying to find those settings in Blender3D itself and just setting the "alphablendtest" part to 0 alone with no success.  Sorry about that.  :laugh:

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 10:22:32 am »

alphatest to 1
alphablend to none
Both done in Simpe in your recolor and your done.
Changing all the opacity's and splitting up the outfit is asking for trouble Wink

No longer active
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: