Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 03:48:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 47
  Print  
Author Topic: Little Fire Burning (Ch. 85: Till death do us part *23.Apr 16*)  (Read 250204 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: September 22, 2008, 06:56:38 pm »

Thanks for all the comments Smiley It's so good to see that someone like my stories Smiley

I'm trying to make an update for this week, but I only have half the pics yet. I've come home late from school several times (8.PM monday...), and I was busy for most of the weekend (and fell asleep while doing the pics on sunday evening...) so I never got the time to finish them.

I'll try to get the update up by tomorrow or wednesday - but I'm not sure whether all the pics will be ready...

need a little sleep now. School tomorrow...

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: September 22, 2008, 07:01:52 pm »

Thank you looking forward in reading the next chapter.

Pierre

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: September 24, 2008, 02:01:47 pm »

I'm still not done with all the pictures - and I probably won't have the chance to do them until this weekend. But I've got nine days off from school from Saturday on Cheesy which means that I will probably have the chance then to do a few chapters (and also try making a few of my 3D sims CC projects that I really need for this story - if I only figure out the tutorials, that is... I know how to mesh, and also a little about texturing, but I don't have a single idea how to get the objects ingame or how to make them usable. but with a bit of practice and patience, I'll hopefully figure it out)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHAPTER 12: Those hard times
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day after, I met up at Tony's school, knocking on his teacher's office door. I wished Peter could've been there too, but he was busy at work, with a couple days of filming a plane trip away, so he hadn't been available.
"Come in," the teacher said.
I opened the door, and was met with a friendly face as Madeleine got up to shake my hand.

"Please sit down," she said, and filled two cups of coffee. She handed one of them to me, and sat down behind her desk.
I sat down opposite her and took a careful sip from the cup. Still a bit hot, so I set it down on the desk to cool down a bit.
"The reason I wanted to talk to you is that I'm getting worried about Tony," Madeleine said, and took a sip of her coffee before continuing. "The last week his mind has been somewhere entirely different than in the classroom. We had a math test yesterday. He normally gets around 85-100% on every test, but as I looked over the tests yesterday, he didn't have a single correct answer. What's more, he's not as active during the classes as he usually is. Normally, he's the first kid with a hand up, and eager to answer any questions, but lately his activity in the class has consisted more of staring into the distance and definitely not paying attention. When he was asked what the capital city of France was during a geography lesson, he answered "Manchester United".  I've tried to talk with him, but he won't say a word about what's bothering him. Do you have any idea what's going on?"

I sighed. Apparently I was not the only one going through a tough time right now.
"You know Aidan? My youngest son?"
"Of course! He's a lovely boy, and Tony speaks about him often."
"Well, you see... a week ago, we got the message that Aidan is a lot sicker than we thought, and there's nothing the doctors can do about it. Tony is the only one of the kids old enough to understand what is happening, and I think he's struggling a lot with accepting it. He's probably got a lot on his mind, and I think this is why he's so distant. I've been pretty much the same."

The stunned expression in Madeleine's face told me she had definitely not known anything about this. She got up, and put her hand on my shoulder.
"That's... that's..." she sighed. "No wonder Tony has been do distant lately. Poor Aidan. And after everything your family has already been through?"

Tears started welling up in my eyes again, and Madeleine handed me a paper tissue. She took one for herself too.
"I'll talk with Tony," I said, drying the tears away. "Even though his brother is sick, it doesn't mean he can quit doing his schoolwork."
Madeleine smiled carefully. "No worries, Jenna. We'll try to be a bit more understanding toward him. Obviously you're all going through a hard time right now. I'll of course give him another chance on the test."

I smiled back. I was just glad Tony had an understanding teacher.

When I got home, the first thing I did was to go upstairs and knock on Tony's door.

"Are you in there, Tony? I have to talk with you."
"Go away!"
"I need to talk with you, Tony. It's important."
No answer.

I opened the door, expecting it to be locked, but it wasn't.
Inside, Tony was lying on his bed, crying.
"Tony, what's wrong?" I asked.
"Go away!" came a muffled voice from inside the pillow.

"Look at me, Tony. We really need to talk."
I pushed over a chair and sat down next to his bed.
He turned his head to look at me. His eyes were red.
"What?"

I went straight on. "Are you doing your homework, Tony? I've just talked with your teacher, and she's worried. She said you got zero on a math test yesterday." I looked into his eyes. "Or is it something else?"
Tony buried his head in the pillow again.
"Tony... your brother being sick doesn't mean you can stop living. This is hard for all of us. But you have to try thinking about something else. Quitting your schoolwork won't help Aidan in any way."

No answer.
"Aidan needs his big brother. He looks up to you. And it certainly won't help if you're lying here all day."
"I know," he finally said, and turned around. "It's just that..." He sighed. "I can't concentrate. I feel like I should be doing something to help him. Not just dust away in a classroom."

He sat up, drying his tears, and I wrapped my arm around him, stroking his back in comfort.
"The best way you can help your brother right now, is to be there for him. Be his big brother. Play with him, and make him forget he's sick. Aidan needs us to be strong right now. I know it's hard, and even I struggle to understand why all of this is happening. But even so, I try to do my best at work. It does help with shutting out the bad thoughts, if only for a little while. Can you at least try your best to focus at school? Dealing with all of this will probably get easier with time, even if you don't believe it now."

Tony looked away for a few seconds.
"I'll try," he finally said.
"Good. And just so you know, your teacher will let you take the math test over again. I hope you do a better job this time, Tony," I said, and ruffled his hair. I knew he hated when I did that, but he just gave a tiny smile.

"I'll do my best, mom."
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 12:00:57 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 24, 2008, 04:59:02 pm »

poor tony. and poor aidian

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: September 24, 2008, 05:44:07 pm »

great chapter and i am sure that this sim family will get trought this looking forward in reading the rest.

Pierre

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 24, 2008, 11:44:41 pm »

aww..Aidan illness is making his brother sad me too!  This story is filled with heart and sadness but sweetness too!

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
Angel of Death

That's my life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: September 25, 2008, 06:25:19 am »

I love this story but the last aprts made me tear up. And I'm not kidding!

I've brought booze, home made fags and the Grim Reaper.
Lets get this party started!
ImpishParody
Eighties Escapee

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 25, 2008, 04:04:32 pm »

Awwww... Sad

I've been silently following this story raven, and I love it! Your style of writing is amazing, and I really feel connected to the characters <3
Just had to comment on this so far, it's brilliant Smiley

Poor, poor Aiden and Tony Sad
Please, be nice... Just once? :-P

Can't wait for the next installment, great job!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: September 25, 2008, 09:45:55 pm »

Thanks Smiley

well... you just have to read on, and you'll see. But I'm concidering at least two different endings. Can't say much more than that...Smiley

My site:

madbutterfly
Unidentifiable Fluffy Thing

Destroyer of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 28, 2008, 04:08:43 pm »

I can't wait for the next chapter. Chapter 11 made me cry.:icon9:

"It's always a lot scarier dealing with the living. Give me a ghost to talk to any day." ~Roy Mustang

I'm seventeen, not twelve. The website lies!

Die Toten Hosen=BEST BAND EVER Cheesy
I don't use this site very much anymore.
Stardust1031

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 29, 2008, 10:46:07 pm »

Wow, I love this story! I'm only onto Chapter 3, but it's great so far. It's really amazing though -- I'm a twin myself. My sister and I were born when my mom was only five months pregnant. My mom once told me that she cried when they asked her whether she wanted to be knocked out for the anesthesia because one doctor said, "If we put you under, by the time you wake up, both of your babies might be dead." We had to stay in the hospital for another four months, but both of use grew up fine and healthy. They called us miracle babies. tongue Sorry for rambling, I just wanted to say that I can really relate to this, you know?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: September 30, 2008, 04:24:22 am »

I understand.
Luckily for me, I was born when I was supposed to myself - but my aunt lost two children who were born too early. That was a few years before I was born, though. But I've heard the stories about them. The thought of loosing a child is always horrible, so when early born babies survive, it really is a miracle.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 04:29:39 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

chelsey151

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 01, 2008, 06:42:15 am »

Fantastic story line! May i just say, your CC is brilliant! I love everything!

By the way, i might sound stupid, lol, but how do you get all these extra positions? Like you said earlyer on that, tony for example, is really a teenager in a childs body. Can i get that im my game too? If so how? I only have UNI, BONV and obv basegame. Is it possible? Thanks x
Starwish001

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 01, 2008, 05:49:30 pm »

Hy! This is great! I wanted to ask you what hack for poses do you have? Cause I have model hack but I saw some poses here that are not included there, I think...

vinhou

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 02, 2008, 10:29:51 am »

New reader here! I am so in love with your story. Poor Aidan, and the rest of his family... *sniffles*

Life isn't bliss.
Life is just this.
It's living.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 47
  Print  

Jump to: