Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:06:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Downloading the game??  (Read 2579 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Crazee2ya

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2008, 09:38:50 pm »

I’m thinking about downloading Bon Voyage (online, here, http://eastore.ea.com/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayPage&Env=BASE&Locale=en_US&SiteID=ea&id=ProductDetailsPage&productID=77038100&sourceid=smep06 ) , but I was just wondering if I can burn it to a disc, that way I can install it later on? I mean it seems like I would have too since you need a disc to start the game, but I’m not sure if the download would make you?

Has anybody downloaded it? Had any problems?

Also
I’ve been reading the forum about Bon Voyage and some people hate it while others like it, I’m really just concerned about bugs, should I stay away?
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 10:22:01 pm »

I'm going to tell it to you this way... if the download from EA has been changed/updated to include SecuRom* with it like they slyly did with their 2nd Free Time patch, you're probably not going to be able to do it at all... in fact, you may or may not find yourself being able to burn stuff period if it does.  Not saying that you should or shouldn't, it's your decision in the end run... but be aware, EA has been becoming even more shadier in my honest opinion by not fully telling people what's going on, especially seeing how controversial the whole matter is.  :dontknow:

Besides, I didn't believe they would actually go back and include SecuRom on their older EP discs, but h*ll froze over and they did it.  I just fear they may do it with all their EA Store downloads now.  Who knows what else they'll do nowdays...  :roll:  

*This site has more honest info on this program... I'm so tired of seeing the word it isn't funny, but it's pretty darn evident that this whole matter has gone far enough with a lot of dedicated simmers.

ETA:  Note that I stated if they do it, not that they did it, so it won't be taken out of context and cause mass panic.  I know... "IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!1!!one!"  But I wouldn't put it back on them anymore... goes to show how much I trust that corporation now, huh?[/size]  :rofl:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 02:27:20 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Spongity

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 11:36:51 pm »

If you downloaded the game, you don't need a disc to start.
You're also allowed to re-download/install games you've already purchased, in case you need to re-install or install it on another computer. There may be a 3 time limit on installing one game, I'm not sure. I've installed all my games multiple times, both for re-installation and to put them on my new computer, and it's worked fine every time.

My Flickr-Updated 5/26
My Picture Thread-Updated 6/26
"Michael always says K.I.S.S, Keep It Simple Stupid. Great advice, hurts my feelings every time."-Dwight Schrute
raindrops84

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 03:25:24 pm »

But just so you also know, you will have to install the EA downloader which will need to stay on your computer even after downloading it and will have to start up and authenticate everytime you start your game. I got BV that way and hated it....

(it kind of gave me a taste of what the version of SecuROM will be like on Sims 3)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 03:27:46 pm by raindrops84 » Logged

Keep your words soft and tender for tomorrow you may have to eat them ~ Author Unknown

Join the fight against SecuROM-> http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Spongity

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 02:18:03 am »

You can just set EA Downloader so it automatically logs in when you start up your computer. If you do that, loading the game every single time is exactly the same as with a disc, except you don't need the disc.

My Flickr-Updated 5/26
My Picture Thread-Updated 6/26
"Michael always says K.I.S.S, Keep It Simple Stupid. Great advice, hurts my feelings every time."-Dwight Schrute
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: