Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:05:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game crashes when browsing Buy Catalog [RESOLVED]  (Read 3034 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Exxie

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2008, 06:32:02 pm »

I have Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, and I just installed Seasons. That is when this problem started happening.

To be more specific, it crashes only when I try to view the "Decorations" --> "Miscellaneous" (the button with the three circles). I can select "View All" and see the first page of items, but as soon as I hit the arrow to go to the next page, I can only assume one of the items from the Misc. page is on the next page, and the game crashes again. I can view all other items in the Buy Catalog without problems, including all items under the Decorations tab, except for the ones under Misc.

I have removed my hacks folder; no effect, the game still crashed when I tried to view Miscellaneous Decorations.
I removed any folders containing custom furniture; game still crashed.
I have not yet removed the entire Downloads folder, but I did try removing any folder of custom content that may have affected the Buy Catalog in any way.
I have deleted the Groups.cache to no avail.

Basically, I have run out of solutions, but to no avail. I was hoping someone here might have an idea for me that I have not yet tried. My gameplay is not affected in any other way. This is the only problem I have encountered, in that one specific area, and while it doesn't destroy my ability to play the game, it is rather obnoxious.

The only thing I can think of is an uninstall/reinstall, but I wanted to post here and get opinions first.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 07:24:55 pm by Exxie » Logged
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 06:53:07 pm »

Try deleteing your accessories.cache
Then go into your Thumbnails folder and delete those.

That usually works for me.

Also, did you download and install the patch?

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Exxie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 07:02:06 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion, but apparently that's not it either. The game still crashed.

And yes, I did download the patch, as soon as I installed the game.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 07:21:21 pm »

Did you try taking your entire downloads folder out?

The Sims 3.........NO!
Exxie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 07:23:58 pm »

Ah! I found the problem. It was something the the CEPs extra files. I took them out, and the problem is solved.

Thanks for your help, though. <3
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 07:47:18 pm »

You're welcome.

The Sims 3.........NO!
irony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 10:30:19 pm »

Quote from: Exxie;1272898
Ah! I found the problem. It was something the the CEPs extra files. I took them out, and the problem is solved.

Thanks for your help, though. <3

I am having the exact same problem as you explained. What do you mean by CEP extra files??

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 11:54:19 pm »

The folder labled "zCEP-EXTRA" that's in your C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder after you install the newest CEP update.  I think this may also be my problem, as I'm having the same issue.  Probably an extra in that folder that's only available in a later EP than Seasons.  Wink  Thanks for the tip on that file, Exxie.  :smile bi:

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 12:15:08 am »

I've read more and more about objects in the zCEP-EXTRA folder causing problems.  Knowing Numenor wouldn't release something that's broken, I believe you're right about the EP requirement.  I've got all except Pets and haven't had any issues, so it must be an FT object causing problems for people.
irony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 09:11:48 am »

Ok, thanks for explaining that. I will go try that! Smiley

unclesparks
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 10:47:12 am »

Aha! This explains the problem I've had, only for me it was the statues and glasses sections.  I was able to get it to go away (temporarily) by deleting all my .cache files. But whenever I'd click on the bad file it would cause the crash next time I went to buy (or some time in the future) so I could never find the file that caused it since there was no rhyme or reason for when it hit.  I'm usually very careful not to download something that is of a higher ep then what I have but sometimes you miss something, or someone doesn't bother to document their work.

I just added BV and FT as well, so hopefully this problem should be resolved for me as well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: