Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 09:35:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Vehicles cost money to drive *UPDATED to v1.3*  (Read 18162 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nobody7382

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2008, 10:32:46 am »

OMG  Vehicles cost money to drive

* Requires     : Nightlife or Bon Voyage or Store Edition or FreeTime or Apartment Life
* Compatibility: Nightlife, Open For Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, FreeTime, Apartment Life, & all Stuff Packs
* Modifications: Semi-Global (affects all ownable vehicles)
* Hack Version#: 1.3

Update ( 09/30/2008 )
~~~~~~
- Fixes glitch that results in a car leaving without a driver when first doing
  "Sit In Vehicle" and then "Drive To Community Lot" while lacking the money to pay for the trip
- New _CONFIG file enables "alternate charge method" by default
- New _CONFIG file enables charge for ride back home by default
- Fully compatible with previous cost MODs (no updates necessary)

Quick Info
~~~~~~~~~~
* You must also download the following addons for this hack to work correctly:

df_game_edition_addon.package
  http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=94482

df_budget_transact_addon.package
  http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=94483

Driving ownable vehicles will now cost you Simoleons for each trip.  The amount charged will vary based on which cost MOD you are using.  The charge is usually a percentage related to the vehicle's current depreciated value and/or its initial purchase price.  A charge can also be set for Walking to and from Community Lots, which is a new feature of the Bon Voyage expansion.

* You must download a "cost MOD" or else the hack will have no effect and just cause an error preventing you from driving any vehicle!

* Check out the readme.txt file for more information.

* df_vehicles_cost_money_to_drive_1.3.rar (32.67 KB - downloaded 372 times.)
* df_vehicles_cost_money_to_drive_MOD_cost_dec_with_age.rar (1.76 KB - downloaded 296 times.)
* df_vehicles_cost_money_to_drive_MOD_cost_inc_with_age.rar (1.98 KB - downloaded 352 times.)

* vehicles_cost_money_to_drive.jpg (153.72 KB, 994x706 - viewed 1930 times.)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 05:50:53 am by nobody7382 » Logged
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 03:18:01 pm »

hehe, great idea, thanks Cheesy

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
tambailey2002

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 05:22:48 pm »

Great idea.  Thanks!
Spookylicious

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 08:30:20 pm »

Thanks for sharing.

~•♥•~~•♥•~Chillin Like A Villain ~•♥•~~•♥•~
nobody7382

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 06:39:42 am »

Hi everybody!

I update the hack to version 1.1

There are many necessary fixes and cool new features.  So make sure you replace your old version with this new one.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 09:59:07 am by nobody7382 » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 03:11:46 am »

How is this different from jfade's Ownable Cars Cost Money
nobody7382

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 02:13:11 pm »

The problems with jfade's hack are explained in the very long readme file.  His hack doesn't work correctly with FreeTime and causes other problems too.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 03:16:16 am »

So I decided to give this a try.  First family I go into has an expecting working mother.  First bump is expected during working hours, which means as soon as she gets home the pregnancy controller will update and she'll get her bump.  While she did take the carpool to work rather than an ownable car, I believe the same semiglobals on return from work.  Somewhere in there is where the pregnancy check is made and things get updated.  What was curious was she did get awarded the 2 days maternity leave anyway.

Next day the carpool shows up and she hops in.  She should have experienced the second bump when coming home, but again didn't.  Third day should have had the birth after getting out of the car, but again nothing.

SimPE showed her pregnancy state as invisible despite being pregnant for 75 hours plus another 5 or so which shouldn't have happened.  It took moving her off the lot then back on for the pregnancy controller to properly update and allow her to give birth.

Since I have many of my pregnant women drive to work in their ownable cars, this will be a problem for me.
nobody7382

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 05:29:01 pm »

I have not yet tried to reproduce your problem. But I thought pregnant Sims could not go to work? Are you using another hack for pregnancy that might be conflicting with this vehicle hack? It mostly only changes getting into an ownable car to charge you money. Getting back from work in taxi (or an owned car) should not be affected by the hack, though I could be mistaken.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 06:15:49 pm »

If the sim is pregnant and showing, the carpool will not show up.  In this case the "show" never happened so the carpool did appear.  Also with ownable cars, beginning with NL you've been able to drive to work even if pregnant.

Edit:  After playing with this some more, the pregnant sim is advancing properly after the carpool and ownable car.  This time I left out TJ's Bring a hobby friend home from work and Monique's Bring a friend home from work.  HCDU didn't show a conflict with either of these though.  I may have just had a bad pregnancy before or there is a hidden conflict with the bring a friend home series.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 04:01:50 am by ancienthighway » Logged
nobody7382

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2008, 05:38:36 am »

I think you are correct, because I just tried sending a pregnant Sim to work in my game and it worked fine. Sim got pregnant the day before at 11:00. Then she went to work the next day at 8:00 and returned home at 15:00. She got her first preg bumb after exiting the carpool vehicle and was put on maternity leave. Then I quit without saving and tried driving to work with an owned car. She got the bump after returning from work with the her own car too.

I use TJ's School Bus - bring friend dialog hack and TJ's Bring Hobby Friend From Work Fix 1.1. You should be safe to put the Hobby Friend fix back in. But I have never used that Monique hack, so maybe it is conflicting with mine or maybe its a glitch in Monique's hack. Could even be a rare game glitch too.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 02:56:33 am »

Will you be updating this and your other mods for Apartment Life.
nobody7382

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 01:39:50 pm »

yep, all my mods will get updated for Apartment Life and I am adding new features to them right now, especially compatibility with all expansion packs (including all the old ones even).  And a bunch of cool new hacks are on the way.  AL changed so many aspects of the game that it is taking a while.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 01:48:23 pm »

Tell me about it.  I've seen so many problems in game caused by mods that are totally unrelated to the problem.
nobody7382

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2008, 05:25:12 pm »

Updated to v1.2, so get it while it's hot!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: