Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 01:16:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Error Log Help  (Read 8271 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SeZZa

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2008, 07:19:38 am »

Ok. I've having a custom contect problem which I want/need to get fixed asap. When I load a lot, the Sims do not move, it's like the game is on pause constantly. I have so much custom content that it's a major in the ass to try and single a file out. I have also noticed that when I am in buy mode, if I click on the 'tables' icon thingy, the game will crash.

I have a copy of the error log that I'm getting... So I just need to know who I can send it to, to help me analize this situation further.

Cheers.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 12:12:57 pm »

Upload it as an attachment to your post and we can look at it. To do that, hit the 'Go advanced' button and then select the paperclip icon that says "manage attachements" when you mouse over it. You should then be able to upload the error log file in question.

The problem itself could be the sheer amount of custom content. What are your system specs? (Processor, RAM, Hard drive, Video Card)

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
SeZZa

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 07:37:59 am »

Here is the attachment.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone can help me here...

When I load a lot, it will not go further than the loading screen. I'll notice a little moving window pop up (you know, when you're playing a lot and a small window will pop up showing a part of the lot that you aren't viewing to show you what's happening)... well, that will come up... during the loading screen... How do I fix this? What could be the problem?

* errorlog.txt (0.34 KB - downloaded 127 times.)
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 08:59:42 pm »

What you uploaded was from the hack conflict utility. What we need is the logfile from your sims error log. You find it My Documents/EA Games/Sims 2/Logs.

There's a couple of files that could be of use. The most recent ObjectError Log and, if there's any, the most recent Sims2Exception log

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
dtbronzich

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 09:13:01 pm »

Do you put your custom content into folders inside your download folder? if so, that would make it much easier to repair than if you had not.
SeZZa

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 03:02:29 am »

No, I don't put my content in folders... I wasn't sure if the downloads would work if I did...
SeZZa

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 05:31:59 am »

Here are all the files.

* Sims2Exception 2008.06.14 02.03.10.zip (380.55 KB - downloaded 104 times.)
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 04:53:00 pm »

(...had something all typed out and ready to post yesterday, but then InSim had server issues and I ended up losing it all... hope I'm not too late.  Sad )

Try removing any content added since the last time you were able to play the game without it crashing in the catalog.  Also, make sure you don't have duplicate copies of the CEP file (_EnableColorOptionsGMND.package) in your Downloads folder.  You may have a hack or object that's causing an "continuous" error with your sims and keeping them "frozen" on the lot.

Plus, by looking at your zipped logs, I don't really see one that could help too much.  Try this:

::smilieiforgetwhi:: Load the game, and when you get to the neighborhood view of whichever neighborhood you choose, call up the cheat console (CTRL + Shift  + C) and type in boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and press Enter.

::smilieiforgetwhi::  After you do that, load up your "problem" lot and wait until it loads up completely.  If all goes as suspected, an error box will pop up right before (or sometimes after) the lot loads up.  

Take note of what type of error it is and the name of the error log that is dumped into the Logs folder.  That's the log that's most likely to help out in this situation.  And for a "quick" skip-over for passing the error by, click the "Delete" option when the error pops up.  It removes whatever object/sim that's causing the error.  If it's a sim, don't worry too much about it, as it's not a permanent deletion... you can easily get them back by either exiting and re-entering the lot, or by using the "Restore Family" option on the InSIMenator's summoner object.  Wink

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 10:42:08 pm »

Expanding on what Tenshii's said, the error log you're looking for will start with "ObjectError" as in ObjectError_N006_t485909.txt.
SeZZa

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 05:34:18 am »

Alright.

Thanks guys, I'll try doing this and see how I go...
SeZZa

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 02:27:49 am »

Ok. This proceedure has helped a lot.

I always tend to get an error when loading a lot...
Here are 3 that I have gotten...

ObjectError_F001_t1164.txt
ObjectError_F001_t15047.txt
ObjectError_F001_t.49198.txt

I also seem to get action errors for my sims... It's no biggy as I can delete the error and revive the sim again... But it becomes a bit of a pain in the backside.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 08:56:22 pm »

:smile bi:  Can you post those actual logs for us, and not just the names?  Might be helpful if we can actually read into them a bit more.  :lol:

hjkjr2

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2008, 11:35:35 pm »

Quote from: Tenshii~Akari;1277897
(...had something all typed out and ready to post yesterday, but then InSim had server issues and I ended up losing it all... hope I'm not too late.  Sad )

Try removing any content added since the last time you were able to play the game without it crashing in the catalog.  Also, make sure you don't have duplicate copies of the CEP file (_EnableColorOptionsGMND.package) in your Downloads folder.  You may have a hack or object that's causing an "continuous" error with your sims and keeping them "frozen" on the lot.

Plus, by looking at your zipped logs, I don't really see one that could help too much.  Try this:

::smilieiforgetwhi:: Load the game, and when you get to the neighborhood view of whichever neighborhood you choose, call up the cheat console (CTRL + Shift  + C) and type in boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and press Enter.

::smilieiforgetwhi::  After you do that, load up your "problem" lot and wait until it loads up completely.  If all goes as suspected, an error box will pop up right before (or sometimes after) the lot loads up.  

Take note of what type of error it is and the name of the error log that is dumped into the Logs folder.  That's the log that's most likely to help out in this situation.  And for a "quick" skip-over for passing the error by, click the "Delete" option when the error pops up.  It removes whatever object/sim that's causing the error.  If it's a sim, don't worry too much about it, as it's not a permanent deletion... you can easily get them back by either exiting and re-entering the lot, or by using the "Restore Family" option on the InSIMenator's summoner object.  Wink

(hjkjr2  here, You've just fixed a problem I had, too!  Thanks!):cheer:
SeZZa

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2008, 02:20:18 am »

The logs should be in the first zip file I posted...
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2008, 02:34:36 am »

There is no ObjectErrortxt. in that zip file.

Make a new zip file.

Make sure you have ObjectError in the zip file.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: