Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 04:19:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Yikes! the nanny stole my baby!!  (Read 7197 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mhbuck21

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2008, 06:21:16 pm »

What the...!! Mom goes to work and leaves the nanny in charge. When mom returns, the nanny is feeding the baby, she stops, puts the baby down and walks away. As mom goes to pick the baby up, the nanny picks it up first and walks to the car waiting outside, gets in and leaves WITH THE BABY!! The baby's picture is gone from the household menu.
I panicked and finally didn't save, but lost all the time she spent pregnant, etc.
What gives? Has this happened to anybody else?:sad4:
Mari
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 08:19:00 pm »

o.O

I'll admit that's a new one for me.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 08:20:11 pm »

Wow-that's quite an odd happening! It's never happened to me, and I've had plenty of nannies in the game..might be a bug? Who knows? Sorry it happened to you!

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 08:22:48 pm »

I knew nannies were evil... I just never knew the extent of that evilness.  :rofl:

Aaroneous

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 10:06:26 pm »

I remember there was a bug very similar to that with just the Sims 2 and no eps  or sps. Supposedly EAxis fixed it with a patch.

(Banner By Sugah)
mhbuck21

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 11:34:22 pm »

Wow, it seem it is a very unusual problem...mmm. I did exit without saving so, I'll have to recreate the whole thing. At the time I didn't know where the nanny was going, and once I figured it out, she was not interactive so couldn't figure out how to stop her.

I've been having extra problems with nannies for a few days, now that I think about it. Two will show up, out of schedule (no one is out working) and try to take care of the baby or toddler. I've seen this in at least two lots.

I already had a nanny for this lot, and had to fire and rehire to get her to change schedule after a promotion.This particular household is of General Buzz Grunt and his dead wife (brought back to life of course) with three (oops..two) girls. A nice change after all the testosterone in the house.
Well,  I'll keep checking the thread, maybe others can suggest possible solutions.
Thank you guys!;)
Mari
zolabee

Some days are just after you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 11:39:01 pm »

You could always make them selectable and kill them.   Or, get pescado's lot debugger and debug the lot (maty).  Or, moveobjects on and delete nanny - see what happens.

Crazy Town - see it to believe it!
mhbuck21

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 03:10:51 pm »

I'll go get Pescado's lot debugger and also try the moveobjects next time she tries something funny. I see I'll be rehiring a lot from now on... Especially if I keep killing them off.Cheesy
Thanks!
Mari
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 11:27:45 pm »

Omg. Weird. I always hated the nannies so I never hired them, because they were always showing up on the wrong time and when I fired them they kept coming, so I got to the point where I had to kill the nanny, which made her creepy ghost come every night, so there was no ridding of her. I remember a rober came and stole my baby.. is that possible? It scared me, because my self sim teen just had her baby, finally, and then a thief comes unexpectedely and steals her newborn before anyone can do anything! He got away before the boyfriend called the police. =[

:blob6: I just had to do that =]

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 08:20:00 pm »

I almost lost a baby, myself-but the nanny forgot to take it-just left it under the window! Bad Nanny!

dtbronzich

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 08:39:04 pm »

I had a firefighter, the female one, pick up the baby and leave with it. There was a horrible accident involving some streakers, a room with no doors and a BBQ........ the firefighter couldn't access the room, stayed to watch the television, and the baby was on the floor in the real kitchen, she walked over, picked it up, and gave that line about "look how late it is", and walked off the lot with the baby.
mhbuck21

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 01:16:37 pm »

I keep using nannies since otherwise they come and take my babies away!
But I agree they are more trouble than they are worth. Not to mention the huge waste of food... Maybe I'll use servos instead.
Mari :wave:
dreamcatchermwh

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 01:58:38 pm »

I think after reading all these posts. I'll go with servos instead lol.I'll fire my maid and gardener . mhbuck21 great idea ! That will solve the baby abduction problems.lol
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 02:01:48 pm by dreamcatchermwh » Logged

Appreciation is a wonderful thing . It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.:grin:
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 04:53:34 pm »

I'll take the nanny over the servo any day.  As far as the waste of food, servos are even worse in my experience, preparing food if anyone in the house is slightly hungry, to include sleeping sims.  And then there's the whole servo fixing the bathtub/shower/sink. They just never seem to learn that water is not their friend.

Lately I've been giving christianlov's Nanny (MTS2) a try and that seems to be filling the bill of responsible help around the house.
mhbuck21

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 05:27:50 pm »

You mean the "All in one and nanny" replacement? I just downloaded that and will give it a try. I already have a servo and children in one lot so could set it up to compare how each turns out. All right, thanks for the suggestion!
Mari  :toothy10:

PS. Do servos count as adults present? I mean, won't the social worker come if I leave the kids with the servo?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: