Insimenator.org
April 17, 2024, 11:53:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Fish Out of Water: A Piscine Legacy - Chapter Twenty  (Read 44065 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2008, 04:04:43 pm »

That could be a tough choice, all right. Nice v Naughty.

I'm loving the way you're telling it.
Devomuffins

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2008, 07:21:16 pm »

My vote goes to naughty Wink
Starwish001

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2008, 04:51:58 am »

Great! I love sirens:)

vinhou

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2008, 08:52:42 am »

Aaaw, I want more... it's very catchy! Good job. Smiley

Life isn't bliss.
Life is just this.
It's living.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2008, 12:50:41 pm »

Hehe, okay - just one more, then I really have to work on pics for Xeno Wink In the meantime:

Wow, all these comments! Cheesy Thanks guys Smiley Yeah, about the ghosts; I'm already up to my eyeballs, and this is only after three generations of cats now, and the first gen sims. The third gen cats have only just gone, but my second gen sims will get a shock when they come back :lol:

And the voting begins Cheesy Here's a little more character development to keep you thinking... Wink

Chapter Sixteen

As told by Darya and Dylan Paul

I have to admit, I’m getting a little nervous. I’ve been getting on really well with Steve, and we’ve got pretty close, but I have no idea about this romance thing. Mum passed on some advice she got from a friend of hers; I felt pretty stupid trying it out, but if it worked for her it can work for me!

I went bright red when Dad told me Jackie really liked me. He seemed very keen to play matchmaker, and suggested I give her a call. I don’t think he realises I don’t know her that well, although that’s easily fixed.

Actually, now I think about it – she is a nice girl! I told her I was going to Uni soon, and when she said she was too, my heart skipped a beat. I really hope something can develop now, especially with an extra chance to know her properly, in person rather than over the phone.

In the meantime, things still need fixing. I smiled expectantly when Mum told me – yet again – to be careful I didn’t get fried. I just turned to her with a reassuring grin, and she just smiled and went on her way. I haven’t been bitten yet by an angry piece of machinery, and I don’t intend to start now.

Poseidon died today. His now orphaned son was crying his head off, which despite them just being animals, got to me a little. It just made me realise, at some point I’ll have to face this with my own parents. I’m not sure how I feel about that if I’m honest. Death comes to us all eventually, but it doesn’t make it any easier to deal with when you’re the one left behind – I only had to watch the way Neptune was yowling to see that.

Cliché maybe, but life still goes on. Fantasia needed to learn to shake a paw, and both Dylan and I were hoping for her to get promoted. Knowing where Dylan most likely was, it was down to me to teach her.

All I wanted to do was practice at the chessboard, and I ended up maxing my logic! Can’t be bad, especially given that Darya hogged the block toy when we were little – I knew I’d catch up eventually.

I’ll freely admit I go all mushy over kittens. They’re just so cute! I’m getting on pretty well with Aquarius already. I do hope I can come back here when the time comes; I’d love to raise some kittens myself. That and Dad’s drafting table is looking very nice…

If he can max out his creativity on that thing, surely I can too. I’d love for him to be able to show me the ropes.

Mum’s friend Raquel turned up just tonight. We had quite an insightful chat, when she’d stopped admiring my features that is. I have to admit it’s flattering, but come on, looks aren’t everything! I hope people realise that I’m just as nice on the inside as I plainly am outside.

Later on the taxi arrived to take us away to start a new life at Uni. Can’t wait to get started!

Adios folks! I know who’s gonna be waiting there for me, can’t wait to see him again! Hopefully I’ll get a better outfit too.

Then again… oh well, at least it’s not a kimono this time. Get what Dylan ended up with though; he looks like a tourist! And what’s with the footwear? Who wears socks with their sandals?!

Steve seems like a pretty cool guy. I kept a watchful eye on my sister though, when she started playing punch-ups with Jackie. Thankfully she didn’t smack her like she did Dad – he must have really made a difference.

I felt so happy when Jackie made a move. I would have done it myself, but I was a little nervous – she’s really blossomed. Something of a hedonist, which I don’t mind too much – we can’t all be the intense type. She’s lovely though, and to think something is starting to happen now just makes me so happy.

Steve confessed that he’d like a family some day; which is cool, although I’m not sure how I feel about that for now. So long as he doesn’t push too far too soon, we’ll be fine. He’s incredibly shy though, more than Dylan and me. I noticed to my delight that he’s also a neat-freak; that’s one more worry off my mind.

In the meantime though, after some militant goon dressed in sportswear insisted we work out, and after choosing our courses, I just had to drag Dylan out to the shops, for both our sakes.

I couldn’t agree fast enough; she didn’t end up too bad with that suit outfit, but I got sick of looking like a tourist when I’m not one. As for the sandals – eeeww! I didn’t have a problem with my image until then, but thinking about it, my hair’s starting to bug me. Not the style but the colour; you may be able to tell from my eyebrows, but it’s meant to be black. How it turned out a funny brown colour is beyond me, but it needs fixing at some point. In the meantime we both have more pressing concerns; I hear Mum and Dad have decided which of us will go back to them after Uni. Just the wondering is driving me crazy, although the comfort is that they had a hard time choosing. It doesn’t stop the churning in my stomach though…

No requests please
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2008, 04:09:35 pm »

LOL - cute update.  Dylan is my favorite Smiley  But I like Darya, too.  Poor kids - do they have to wait until they finish Uni to find out which one of them is the heir?

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2008, 04:14:03 pm »

LOL Nope - they find out next chapter, in fact Wink But I really do need to update Xeno before worrying about this again :oops:

Glad you liked it though Smiley

No requests please
SimKween

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2008, 12:17:29 pm »

Love it Sadie! Great job Wink

I go to seek a Great Perhaps
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2008, 03:21:37 pm »

Wow, it's been a while... okay, I'll put you all out of your misery now Wink

Chapter Seventeen

I might’ve known that was why Darya had such a problem with her outfit. Admittedly it does suit her though. I was just glad to get some proper shoes on my feet and slip into some denim.

I chose a degree in maths, and was met with my first paper. I had barely finished before the phone rang; I nearly jumped out of my chair in anticipation as I knew exactly who it would be. Sure enough, Mum called with their verdict – it was like being back at school and hoping to be picked for the football team, although now it was worse as there was much more at stake.

I squealed in delight when she said they’d picked me! Everyone else was in bed, so I had to hope neither phone nor excited eighteen year old woke them, but I couldn’t help myself! If I had problems sleeping before, there was no chance for me now, I was so happy!

My mouth fell open on the sight of Jackie the next day. She’d fancied a change too, and even in her pyjamas she looked amazing! Not that she needed make-up, but what a difference it made. What with getting to spend some quality time with my parents once we leave, and now with this lovely lady in my life, things really couldn’t get any better. Okay, we’re not officially an item yet, but thankfully I know it’s just a matter of time.

Darya chose to study biology, and got to work on her own paper this morning while I served breakfast. I can understand why Mum likes it so much; in fact she’s been passing on some tasty sounding recipes. I’m looking forward to trying them out, and since I’ve been reading up on cooking already, I can be safe in the knowledge that I won’t poison anybody.

It seems it’s not just Darya and I who enjoy a quiet game of chess. In fact it’s got to the point where we have to bag it before anyone else does. It’s great to challenge someone else though, even with my sister finally playing fair.

Darya moans about the people who keep barging into our house. Although I agree that some, like that coach guy, are definitely unwelcome, I live in hope that they won’t all be that bad. That guy dressed as a llama drove her crackers when he tore into our domain, even though he’s clearly a sports nut like she is.

It did get a little tiresome when he kept chanting the same thing over and over. He kept running through the house looking for an audience, even when it was time for dinner. I just shrugged as I worked, seeing it as a chance to try out Mum’s prawns on a wider audience.

Just like her though, my first attempt reduced them to charcoal. With a guest in the house too; yeah, that was pretty humiliating.

He was good with it though. You could still taste the fish under the overly crispy outer layer, that was the important thing. We ended up in quite a nice chat over dinner while the others were at lectures.

He may have been loud and eager for attention, but he was also likeable and easy to talk to. For someone as quiet as me that has to be a good thing; it’s frustrating not being able to strike up a conversation. I’m hoping this spell at Uni will be able to bring me out of my shell a little, but it’s not easy going.

I finally got a chance to tell Jackie how great she looks tonight. She seems just as modest as me on that front – maybe we can bring out each other. I know one thing for sure though; I’m growing increasingly tired of being asked if I’m meant to have brown or black hair. Time to fix that, I think.

That’s better! Pretty stupid to have to dye your hair the colour you were meant to be born with, but that’s how it goes I guess. I wonder what Mum and Dad are up to these days…
[/I]

No requests please
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2008, 03:50:12 am »

And the heir is chosen!

Shy guy beats out goth girl for the prize!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2008, 04:58:26 am »

LOL They're both as bad as each other on that front Wink Their main differences are in the nice and neat points, although Dylan's still no slob.

No requests please
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2008, 03:29:13 pm »

Ooh - he's a pretty boy, isn't he?  I'll really enjoy seeing him live his life.  And I'm so happy he's been chosen!

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2008, 04:23:25 pm »

It's kinda sad that Lore's legs don't become a fin anymore. Sad  It's also sad that her kids didn't get her skintone either.  Not that they don't look fantastic that is!  
And I think it would be nice to have Darya be the heir.  Just to see how long she keeps with those outfits! tongue

Link: The tights-wearing, puzzle-solving wonder!
"You know, you'd think that after seven dungeons you'd have figured out how to open a door without breaking the key." -Nami (Awkwardzombie.com)
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2008, 05:30:07 pm »

I hope that a future generation picks up some of Lore's genes. Very interesting legacy storytelling.

Simming is a way of Life!!!  :toothy4:
Check out my sims pictures.
My Apocalyse Challenge
2nd Place in Part of Your World - Jocelyn Lanier
3rd Place in The Devil
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2008, 05:42:44 pm »

Wow, thanks for all the comments Smiley

@Ari: Very pretty :love5: Inside and out - I love him to bits Cheesy

@2B: Glad you liked that Smiley And yeah, I've noticed that too - sometimes playing them gets boring and I have to find ways to inject some spice into it; others the game does it for me :lol:

@Medagic: Actually, the reason Lore lost her fins is because, after she transitioned into elder-enabled adult clothes, the elder mermaid tail just wasn't going to work since it uses the elder shape, not the adult, and I wanted to avoid the resulting shape-shifting Wink LOL @ outfits; yeah, she's cool in quite a few ways, but there was actually a good reason I didn't choose her - you'll find out more in two chapters' time at just how relieved I was at choosing Dylan instead...

@Divine: Me too Cheesy Although as the skins are geneticised, if they did get a different skin would it necessarily be that particular one? We shall see... and glad you like it Smiley

No requests please
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: