Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:09:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Resolved: Changing Windows To Allow 45 Degree Placement  (Read 4763 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
shapeshifter

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2006, 11:55:27 pm »

Hello,

I'd like to know how to make windows to fit in 45 degree angled walls of my houses and buildings. I have done it before but I don't know how to activate this simple feature, it just seems to happen randomly. For example, you normally have a room with 4 walls, but add 4 more and you can have a room with 8 sides. Next, apply windows to all 8 walls. How do I do this without all the windows wanting to remain at 90 degree angles for square rooms only? I need this for rooms with 8 sides please.

This is strictly SIMs 2 (No EP), anyone know how this works? Not a joke either. ^^

-Thanks bunches :sad5:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 01:12:41 am »

not all windows will do this

You have to make sure that they support the 45 degree angle

the ones that do will do it automatically

also some windows have a "footprint" that would allow them to be that close to another window on an angle
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 01:21:12 am by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
shapeshifter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 01:42:10 pm »

Well, of course. SIMs2 (without EP) DOES do that but I would like to know how to make those angles happen always and not randomly....

by the way, nice meshes.
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 01:57:57 pm »

As you are inquiring about how to modify window properties to allow 45 degree placement, I have moved this to the General Modding discussion area.

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
shapeshifter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 03:38:27 am »

Um thanks jase439, Any answers yet on the windows problem yet?? This place seems kind of dead. Tongue
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 07:28:19 am »

Most of that stuff is governed by the object placement flags in the Object Data (OBJD).  These flags can also be set dynamically in the Init BHAV's for the objects.  I don't know if 45 degree placement is governed by these flags or not.  The following thread is probably a good start to learn about that stuff, however:

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=693336

You might consider posting to that thread, since these people seem to be very much "in the know" about object placement.

J

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 01:24:04 pm »

plus it is easter week end and alot of ppl are not home. Just us Losers.

*hands Jase an Easter Egg*

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
shapeshifter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 08:44:00 pm »

Yeah, glad I'm a looser too LOL!!! I resolved the problem.

To get the windows to fit into wals that sit at a 45 degree angle simply do this:

Go into cheats and make sure your moveObjects is "OFF" otherwise you cannot fit windows into walls rounded walls.

I figured this out by fluke Wink

-End of topic. bye bye! -_~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: