Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:23:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims Crashes On Startup - Help Please!!  (Read 1379 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Momorat

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2008, 05:23:45 pm »

I haven't played the Sims in probably two weeks. When I started it up today, the very first screen appeared, the square white one that says The Sims 2 Seasons Expansion Pack. Then, a window popped up that read, 'Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphic adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate.' I'm not exactly sure what this means, but I haven't tampered with any files or anything, and no one else in my family really gets on the computer. The only custom content I've downloaded since I last played is a bunch of clothing. Does anyone know how to fix this? Help is greatly appreciated. Smiley

Momorat - Noun. Roleplaying freak, vampire wannabe, nerd, and bibliophile extraordinaire. :study:
Please for the love of all things holy in this godforsaken world, join my RP, Mount Olympus!
What do you mean vampires don't exist!? How dare you!? Blashpemer!!!
gali

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 05:48:32 pm »

If you play Seasons, may be the clothing you downloaded has meshes from later EPs (Free Time and Apartments); Drag your clothing sub-folder (if you have one), or your whole Downloads folder to the desktop, restart computer, and try to enter the game again.
If it works - the culprit is the bunch of clothing you downloaded, and need to be deleted.

The latest version of DirectX can be downloaded from Microsoft.
Momorat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 09:50:46 pm »

Well, it turned out it was... actually I have no idea what was causing it. But I got it fixed. Cheesy I just used system restore and it's all better! Yay!

Momorat - Noun. Roleplaying freak, vampire wannabe, nerd, and bibliophile extraordinaire. :study:
Please for the love of all things holy in this godforsaken world, join my RP, Mount Olympus!
What do you mean vampires don't exist!? How dare you!? Blashpemer!!!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 02:43:30 pm »

Sometimes the game will do that when your system is low on virtual memory available at the time.  Mine does that at random times, too, so something as simple as rebooting the computer can also help solve the issue.  Wink

And if that doesn't work, I just go on ahead an re-install/update my version of DirectX 9.0c.  :angel:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: