Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 02:24:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 buzz/gossip/rumours  (Read 159584 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
maniac19642003
« Reply #150 on: March 19, 2008, 02:24:53 pm »

Site update
The Sims 3 has been given a section of its own which you can find on the left in the menu. Many new Sims 3 fansites have been added as well as a big amount of official screen shots.

Articles
The games press is slowly updating with all the Sims 3 info and you can expect many articles, interviews and info soon. For now, Eurogamer is the first with a big preview.
Find it here: EuroGamer Preview
For those with some time left, Eurogamer also made a large article about the history of the Sims.
Check that here: EuroGamer Article

And for those that didn't read the PC gamer article about Sims 3, Computer and Videogames posted it completely on their site.
Find it here: Computer and Videogames

The official Sims 3 site has now opened. And there is a version for every language which you can pick from the home page.
The Sims 3.com

EA also sent out a press release announcing the game. They don't give a releasedate, merely saying it will come in 2009.
Read it here: Press release

The Danish Sims site is the first site that officially announced The Sims 3. They posted a press release (in Danish) and official screen shots.
Check it here: Sims.dk

* thesims3-15.jpg (300.62 KB, 800x450 - viewed 222 times.)
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: March 19, 2008, 04:35:03 pm »

Quote from: AlbinoBambi;1179300
Seriously? What's the use of the whole doll house idea if you can't control all the lives anymore? Ridiculous!
And I'm a bit sad about the fact that BlooM's realistic feet look better than the feet on The Sims 3. Besides that I love some of the ideas, but if my sims can go and have babies and build relationships without me even seeing it, let alone direct them too, then why would I buy this game?

Crap on a stick...  that's sort of the idea I was getting from that excerpt, too.  :lol:  If they don't make that as an optional feature, I know it'll turn people like you and me off completely.  Clearly there's a vast majority of players that make multiple families they'd like to actively participate in each of their sims' lives, and not miss out on a thing.  

It seems like that would be a great concept if people were focused on playing one main family the whole time, sort of like what you would do in a console game... not the main PC version.  I guess we'll all see how it works out when people start to try it out for themselves.  :dontknow:

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 19, 2008, 05:11:40 pm »

I guess that's a good thing...according to that article they made the Sims 3 so it could be run/ and would run nicely on a granny laptop. Guess that answers one question about specs.

Looks like there will also be modding and CC also. The only thing different is the built in engine with ability to choose a color or a pattern and drag and drop it onto whatever you want to change. Looking good so far...Now someone please make them quit showing that hair! lol

The game will have modding tools built into it, to some extent; it's being designed from the ground up to be open, rather than having tools released as an afterthought. The team's view is that if the community is creating content that beats the content EA is trying to sell - well, EA needs to pull its socks up.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: March 19, 2008, 07:01:52 pm »

^^ Yeah, and get right to showing us the babies.  :smile bi:  Not going to let that go at all... I have personal loathing issues because I have to go through hoops just to put clothes and hair on my infants... and even then, we still can't choose what we want them to wear while in game, which is frustrating because of all the exceptionally wonderful outfits that are now available for them.  If they haven't seen what we've been doing with them recently, then I'm not quite sure how well they've been "listening" in certain cases.  

Go on, EA... try and prove me wrong.  :lol:

Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: March 19, 2008, 07:49:55 pm »

hello

here is new info on the sims 3 from the offical website. You will be suprise.

The Sims 3 lets you immerse truly unique Sims in an open, living neighborhood just outside their door! The freedom of The Sims 3 will inspire you with endless possibilities and amuse you with unexpected moments of surprise and mischief.

New Seamless, Open Neighborhood—Explore the neighborhood freely.
Your Sims can roam throughout their neighborhood, visit neighbors’ homes, and explore the surroundings. They can stroll downtown to hang out with friends, meet someone new at the park, or run into colleagues on the street. If your Sims are in the right place at the right time, who knows what might happen?!

New Create A Sim—Create any Sim you can imagine.
New easy-to-use design tools allow for unlimited customization to make truly individual Sims. Determine your Sims’ shape and size, from thin to full-figured to muscular—and everything in between! Choose your Sims’ facial features, their exact skin tone, hair, eye shape and color and select their clothing and accessories.

New Realistic Personalities—Every Sim is a unique person, with a distinct personality.
Create realistic Sims with distinctive personalities. Select from dozens of personality traits and combine them in fun ways. The combination of traits you choose—brave, artistic, loner, perfectionist, klepto, romantic, clumsy, paranoid, and much, much more—help shape the behavior of your Sims and how they interact with other Sims. Your Sims can now rise above their basic set of every day needs.  They are complex individuals with unique personalities.

New Unlimited Customization—Everyone can customize everything!
Build your dream house or design the ultimate home. Customize everything from floors to flowers, shirts to sofas, wallpaper to window shades. It’s fun and easy to change colors and patterns giving you endless personalization options. Or you can populate your Sims’ neighborhood with pre-designed buildings and furnishings. Which of your Sims will live in high-end mansions, cool bachelor pads, ultimate dream homes or low-cost cottage?

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 20, 2008, 12:23:00 am »

Quote from: Tenshii~Akari;1180033
^^ Yeah, and get right to showing us the babies.  :smile bi:  Not going to let that go at all... I have personal loathing issues because I have to go through hoops just to put clothes and hair on my infants... and even then, we still can't choose what we want them to wear while in game, which is frustrating because of all the exceptionally wonderful outfits that are now available for them.  If they haven't seen what we've been doing with them recently, then I'm not quite sure how well they've been "listening" in certain cases.  

Go on, EA... try and prove me wrong.  :lol:

They're being awful silent over there on children/toddlers/infants. I'm with you let's go tell Mr. Humble we wanna see what he's did our Sim's children. We're tired of this cat and mouse game. He's not Tom and we're sure as heck not Jerry. Wink I can't believe no one that designs for EA isn't a parent. What kind of parent thinks it's ok to put an infant in nothing but a diaper in the dead of winter, when their other children have already frozen to death out on the front lawn?

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Amun-RA
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 20, 2008, 01:17:56 am »

Still think the skin and eye textures (are) crap...other then that I cant wait to play it.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 01:30:43 am by Amun-RA » Logged

Quote of the Year
'virtual orgasmic rape' - Kevin McCullough
clcny20

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: March 20, 2008, 09:39:25 am »

This is the MOST DETAILED video for Sims 3 I've ever seen!

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/profile/video_player.php?id=JHVgwzv45bsEvzTc
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 09:42:29 am by clcny20 » Logged

If you cannot accept me at my worst, then you do not deserve to know me at my best :happy8:
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: March 20, 2008, 10:12:36 am »

:laugh:  :rofl:

I remember that one... too funny!  :smile bi:  

I'm still not satisfied that all they've done on the site is repeat info that's already found in articles already.  Not only that, they really should've thought out a better way to prepare the official Sims 3 site a little better.  I've only gotten it to load twice, and each time I did get on, I never got to see the next link I clicked on.  They know good and well their piddly servers are no match for the sheer millions of people's interest in the title.  :lol:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 10:15:03 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

clcny20

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: March 20, 2008, 10:35:36 am »

That's what scares me...they just rush into things, without considering all the possibilities/bugs/problems/errors, and it's just a big letdown.

I said it many times before, and I'll say it again, yes--some features for S3 look amazing, but I'm in no rush, none at all.  That game is going to have to be out there for a while, and have to be fully customizable before I spend a dime on it.  

I just wish those people weren't in such a rush to do EVERYTHING.

Oh, and while I think the houses and neighborhoods looks FANTASTIC in S3, they should really fire the skintone/clothing/hair designers for the game.  I mean, I know I've created some really bright/oddly textured clothing when I first opened my site, but then again, I wasn't being given a PAYCHECK to make them.  These people went to school...for that?  I'd demand a refund for my degree...

If you cannot accept me at my worst, then you do not deserve to know me at my best :happy8:
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 20, 2008, 10:41:30 am »

I looked at the site featuring Sims 3, and let's just say that I am not really impressed enough to want to try Sims 3 when it is released. The -only- turnoff about Sims 3 is the look of the skintones used on some Sims shown in the screenshots. I could've sworn those skintones looked exactly like the ones being used to create characters in Vanguard, a game now owned by SoE (Sony Online Entertainment).

By the way, when can my toddlers get to swing on the chandeliers as advertised in the original Sims 2 video that came with the Makin' Magic expansion pack for Sims 1?

/sarcasm off

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Darkwolf92

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 20, 2008, 05:27:14 pm »

Hate being late to things, but...looks like I am again. LOL Anyway, Man, they are saying 2009 for the Sims 3, but hell, why so soon?! 2 still has a ton of potential that has yet to be released. And I'm sorry, all the work that designers have put into meshes and things for gamers to add * Custom Content* its all going to be for nothing it seems. =(

Anyway, I am excited about the game, but feel its too soon for EA to be focusing on the 3rd one as of yet!! Its been roughly 4 years since TS2 hit shelves. If anything, I wish there was a way to combine the games, but what am I saying....thats crazy talk right???
Rhapsodic

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 20, 2008, 09:55:10 pm »

I doubt I'll buy it until the bugs are resolved. It looks great, but I've spent almost 200 dollars on all the expansions and base games for Sims 2.

So I'll wait a good long while before bothering to purchase it.
Hobo_Cody

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 20, 2008, 10:03:16 pm »

The Sims 3? Well I have to admit, I will be buying it when it comes out. I think it look great, well kind of any way. When I play my games, I look for realism and and good quality.  The sims 3 seems to have this, yet if you think about it, all the did was change the name of the sims 2.. What I mean is, go to the new web site, look at the previews of the new CAS, than come right back to this sight and browse the CC.. All they really did in the NEW game was improve on all the things our wonderful community has already done.. Come to think of it, all the stuff packs and eps are of everything that we've done. Going back to TS3, like I said look at the previews, you can make your sim fat or muscular, weren't we supposed to have the in University? But we never got it, so we did it ourselves now they're putting in and actual option to do, all the new games do is remove CC and make it look horrible..

Edit, looking at the previews again, they used a lot of the same objects from the previous games. With additional ceiling tiles, wtf is up with that? Like I said, we've already done all this. I'd put money down, it we continued working on TS2 as a community we could have it looking just as good if not better than TS3..
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 10:10:54 pm by Hobo_Cody » Logged

"It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens." Woody Allen
_Krishna_

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 21, 2008, 11:37:01 am »

All I can say is that if the final version of the game will look the way it looks on screenshots now, I will be very disappointed. I think it should be embarassing for the EA that it's gamers create better content than its designers. One would think the EA would be inspired by looking at the custom content and would at least try to beat that, but instead they seem to make content that looks even worse than in Sims 2.

Maybe its too early to judje, but looking at EA-made hair, skins, eyes, objects and clothes in Sims 3 screenshots makes me shudder. Developers, please understand that after the vast amount of amazing stuff made by community for Sims 2, your weak attempt to make Sims 3 look new and attractive fails. You should aim higher now.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34
  Print  

Jump to: