Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 09:33:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 buzz/gossip/rumours  (Read 159356 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tellmewhatyoumeant

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: May 23, 2008, 05:40:32 am »

Quote from: Ingridtk;1252698
:redface: *Shakes Fist* Darn you! You Rick Rolled me! lol.

Haha, YES!!! I've been wondering if anyone clicked it!

you learn that you don't have the right to demand love on your terms, just to make you happy
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #406 on: May 23, 2008, 07:24:18 am »

^^ :twisted:  An now I'll make sure not to do that.  I've been Rick Rolled enough times.  :rofl:

That shot up above should put some people's minds at ease... to see the visual image of a child definitely means they're still there.  (Even though the articles and vid clip on the voice actress doing the voice-over for kids wasn't proof enough of that part for some... now all we need to see is the other ages that are missing.  Wink )
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 07:27:15 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #407 on: May 23, 2008, 10:36:01 am »

Now that you mention it, kalpetra, that is kinda shiesty.  :lol:  You would think they'd treat the people on the VIP list a lot better than just one measly screencap.  :laugh:

YANFRForm

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 23, 2008, 01:04:13 pm »

sarcasm mode on:

OMG!  That screencap pic is so big!  It's so detailed!  It's so frakking amazing I want to run out and buy Sims3 right now!  I can't wait!!!!

sarcasm mode off:

What a bunch of wankers.  That little pic doesn't show darn-it-all.
PnJz

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 23, 2008, 08:23:46 pm »

I'm not buying Sims 3 or any other expansion packs.  It's really sad that it's gotten to the point they forget about their customers and only focus on the pirates.  They're making so much freaking money even with the pirates.  Whoever is making these executive decisions is making a fatal mistake and is going to lose more money from their real customers than they would if they eased up on the anti-pirate software and accepted that no matter what they do their games will be stolen by someone who'll outsmart any security system they come up with.
This is terrible.  All we want to do is play a game.  I'm so turned off by all this news. It really takes the fun out of the game and makes me look else where for other companies who make fun games and still care about their customers.

With the game industry booming, they've got to realize that other companies are competing with them and ARE hearing our complaints and concerns about Securom.  
I can't wait until this whole Sims game bellies the hell up on them.  I'm finished with it.  No more.
Too many other fun computer games that don't invade my privacy.
shyadmirer

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 23, 2008, 09:52:46 pm »

I really don't understand why everybody is so negative :/ I know this Securom thing would suck but I don't think they'd actually do it. And why were people worried that there won't be any children in the Sims 3?? Of course there will be!! Why would they remove them?? They want to make it more real!!

Personally, after hearing about the Sims 3, I'm not too happy playing the Sims 2. Just thinking I could actually get the exact bodyshape and skintone I want without even having to surf the net for hours and hours just to end up with something just similar to what I wanted... But don't get me wrong, I really appreciate all the CC people share, it's just that I can't make any and I have slightly different tastes!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #411 on: May 24, 2008, 11:35:48 am »

Quote from: shyadmirer;1253766
I really don't understand why everybody is so negative :/ I know this Securom thing would suck but I don't think they'd actually do it. And why were people worried that there won't be any children in the Sims 3?? Of course there will be!! Why would they remove them?? They want to make it more real!!

To be honest, I thought they'd stop using SecuRom after the big explosion around the web when it came with BV... I was way off.  I highly doubt they'll get rid of it now, unless more people are willing to participate in a mass outcry of displeasure for that particular "anti-piracy/anti-legal user" program.  If that works, then maybe they'll listen... but still, as it looks, they seriously pretend that they care, they just aren't showing it very well in their actions.  :?

As for the kids... in the first sets of screenshots, there weren't any shown, nor where there babies, toddlers, or teens.  That's why everyone (even I) was wondering about it.  It seemed kind of odd for them not to show them off too, especially when the new age groups were the first things they showed off in Sims 2... you would think they'd continue to show them off in the new screens, too.  :lol:

But I'm not too worried about it.  I mean, I probably won't be able to afford any more games for a while, and a new computer is definitely out of the question... I'll just be sticking it out with my current set-up as long as I can.  Wink
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 08:44:29 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

eeebee

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 25, 2008, 08:36:24 am »

Quote from: clcny20;1163940
....  I mean, I know that I won't buy S3 until I can modify things easily ....

Same here, but more importantly for me, I won't buy S3 until it can't modify my things easily.
That SecurROM looks scary.

I'm glad I stopped with Seasons.
sofabar

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 25, 2008, 01:02:21 pm »

Wow that whole SecurROM thing sounds super scary. I wasn't planning to buy it yet, because I'm not so convinced yet, well I'm convinced on the environment, but the sims not so much. They still look like plastic surgery gone wrong victims.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 25, 2008, 05:20:14 pm »

If you go the the site
http://securom.sublimesims.net/, you will find that we now have our own forum, where we're planning a more effective campaign against this and EA. I can't tell you much (mostly because it is in the planning stages, and I'm one of the planners) but if it goes well, we will make EA stand up and take notice.
But if you just want to find out more, please visit our pages anyway-we're a friendly bunch of people, and we need your input to help us do a good job of protesting this.

tambailey2002

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 25, 2008, 05:27:52 pm »

thx for the info.  Sims 3 not too appealing to me as of yet, I'm still lovin Sims2.  I will be on the lookout!!
roivelez

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 26, 2008, 06:11:48 am »

wow! thanks for the info.

by the way, I'd like to tell you guys some information that i heard from my friends and acquaintances [fellow The Sims 2 players]::

1) It is possible that EA is hiding a surprise on The Sims 3 (something they didn't announce. my friend said that the graphics could actually be similar to the movie "Beowulf" -the one Angelina Jolie starred in.) and that their promotional photos are actually the "BETA" version.

2) Custom Content makers (Homecrafter Plus and Bodyshop) is gonna be a lot more advanced yet user-friendly.

---->>> they can be merged into one program
---->>> you can make your own meshes there.

3) It can run in Windows Vista (duh.)

4) when sims are growing up, there are no more twirl around-jump high-squat with magical effects. they just simply grow.

4) University, Nightlife, Open for Business and Seasons could be built-in. something like "Hot Date" being built-in to the Sims 2. - you know, the neighborhood now has community lots, unlike the sims 1, which was only residential lots.

5) players are gonna need some kick-ass expensive hardware for best gameplay. (but this may not be true because one of EA's purposes of making the Sims 3 was for better game experience for those slow computers - since the loading screens are eliminated and that you could visit your neighbors on your own, and make your sims walk across the neighborhood - which is super awesome.)

6) eating food is more realistic, you know, they have water or any type of drink they want with their meal.

7) the sims are no longer blocky and are more rounded. their actions are more realistic and they can decipher what they need to do and what they want to do and what they should do.

Cool health is more necessary. they could get cancer and stuff. (still a rumor, though)

9) Piracy will be completely fought. I have a friend who bought a pirated one as a back-up installer (since its much cheaper) and the game has some defects. He said the wallpaper does not show well. it's all red, like how objects are when you can't put them there.

10) no more tiles when building a home. you can do it however you want.

that's all the rumors and possible facts that i have gathered. hope some are real and some are false. but hey, not everything is perfect. Smiley

**hopefully they'd edit that ridiculous cubic three on the sims 3... it's not as good-looking as the sims 2.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 06:19:07 am by roivelez » Logged

Don't Fight Forces. Use Them.
bcool

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 26, 2008, 07:44:40 am »

Quote from: maniac19642003;1234237
Found on snootysims just now:

Below a quote:

"Let me assure you that the Sims 3 first and foremost will deliver the same core Sims gameplay you love and have enjoyed for years. The Sims 3 will add to your creative control and ability to craft your game the way you want, not diminish it"

Read the entire message here: Rod Humble message"

Does that mean that the code for creating custom content will be available to the community? Can he confirm it?
bcool

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 26, 2008, 07:46:55 am »

Quote from: kacidama;1234668
And if you believe that you will believe anything :roll:

I

As for the panacea about the other EPs from Sims1 they haven't (yet) reproduced in Sims2 - it might keep the sheeple happy to think that EAxis are going to continue producing EPs for Sims2 after the release of Sims3 but unless the proposed date is going to be pushed back for some reason then there won't be any MM or Superstar (and why would we want it?)

As long as Sims is profitable EAxis will do as they like - regardless of what the community wants

I think they will still be producing EPs for TS2 until such time TS3 sales pick up momentum. After all the key word here is SALES
bcool

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 26, 2008, 07:55:07 am »

Quote from: Hidden~Secret;1239357

We will be able to go into other houses.Our sims can walk/run to work.You will only have 1 neighborhood loaded with 90 lots each house loaded with a family and you won't be able to create any other neighborhoods.

If you need more info try and visit the sims 3 site or http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3166817

We won't be able to create neighborhoods? And yet they say they are listening to the community and giving us what we want?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34
  Print  

Jump to: