Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:54:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 buzz/gossip/rumours  (Read 158094 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #465 on: July 23, 2008, 08:06:47 pm »

Thank you very much

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 25, 2008, 09:59:56 am »

Here is a quote from the site SterlingSims2 about a preview of TS3. Again I am only quoting. Here is the link: http://www.sterlingsims2.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1850
Hello Fellow Simmers!
I wanted to share some of our current Sims3 fan-site day details with you but first I want to thank some of the great people at EA who did such a great job planning the day and with the presentations. First I’d like to thank MaxoidDrea who, as always, made our day run smoothly and with a great sense of humor and professionalism. I also want to thank and mention those Sims3 Designers who made the presentations:
Ben Bell – Executive Producer
Lyndsay Pearson – Game Designer
Ray Mazzo – Game Designer
JoAnna Lio – Producer

I also had the pleasure to meet MaxoidHydra for the first time and see again several others who I had met at previous events at EA. One of the things that I think the average Sims fan doesn’t realize is how hard everyone at the SIMS label works to make a truly fine product. Not only that but they seem to really love what they are doing and their enthusiasm shows in the way they present their work and talk about it. I would love to see those who do nothing but complain on the Sims2 BBS give that a little thought. It’s easy to sit back and whine when you don’t actually have to do the work! I assure you that they all DO listen to your concerns and requests; not everything is as easy to implement as you think! Like all companies, they have deadlines, budget concerns and many in-game conflicts that prevent or delay some things from happening.

It was great to see again some of the Site-Owners I had met on previous occasions and to meet new ones. One of the most fun things about these events is to be around people who understand your enthusiasm for the game and can talk about the game! We also give each other ideas and trade contact info. After a short meeting most of the fan-site Owners went on a tour of EA which I declined since I think I have been on it 3 times already. I opted to stay behind and eat myself silly at the buffet with Drea and Steve and Tug from TSR. After that we went for the first demo of the Sims3! Although I was disappointed to learn that we wouldn’t get any hands-on with the game this time, I should have realized that this far out the game wouldn’t be ready for that sort of thing. In all we saw four Demos during the day led by each designer listed above. While they could answer many questions about the game there were many they were not allowed to talk about yet. Two of the main things they could not talk about were returning or new characters in the game and any Custom Content tools or info for the game. Believe me, we tried!

As for the look of the game itself and for the potential of what it will do...awesome! The neighborhood we saw was the best laid out neighborhood I have ever seen in a sims game and it was simply beautiful with many different areas to explore, live and create in. One of the neatest things for me is we seem to have wind for the first time in the Sims so all the trees and plants are flexi and sway in the wind! The houses and plot-ables are also much more detailed and classy than usual. There is a beach area, a town center, a farming community with streams, a cliff area with luxury homes over-looking the sea and a nice park. They would not tell us if we would be able to upload custom neighborhoods or not so that’s still a mystery but I certainly hope so! I do know that we can customize this neighborhood and make it anything we like! We also have difficulty levels to choose from for a more or less challenging game depending on how you like to play.

As for game play, there is no load-times between lots; you simply use icons when you pan out in the neighborhood to get from one place to another. Your sim can walk, ride in a cab or take their car. Cars appear and disappear from their locations instead of driving in and out of driveways and roads. Aside: Right now there are tiny rubber ducky’s driving the cabs, I doubt that will stay, but it does make a statement on some cab drivers in San Francisco! This fadeout effect makes placing driveways on the diagonal possible. There are no garage doors in the base game but there is a driveway tool so you can make carports and such.

One of the most exciting things for me as a creator/designer were the new build tools. We can now place items on a1/4 grid which means we can center a two square with a three square item easily. There are also tools for easy diagonal placement and gridless placement. We have multiple slots for object placement on tables and other surfaces. I am sure they will add some more in the months to come but that was in effect in the version I saw. There is also a Custom Content button on the menu but we got the “We can’t talk about that now” answer for that one. We can also move lots from place to place so if we build in one place then want more room for that lot we can move it to a larger location. Objects like tables and chairs and beds and nightstands can be moved together to save time. Stairs can be widened with a tool. There are tons of new plants and trees and attractive cliff rocks. We now have a Rubber band tool which allows us to drag a shape over an area to select items to mass delete, Yay!

The CAS screen has been completely revamped. You can now do so much more with it! Skin-tones (pale to green), muscle-tone and eye color are on sliders, hair has 4 different parts to customize; roots, base, tips and hi-lights.. There are now slots for shoes, jewelry, gloves, socks and stockings. All facial and body features can be customized this way too. I noticed that the sims have better smiles now, they don’t look as dorky as before! You have a Save-Sim bin to store your sims in so if they die you can easily recreate them. At this moment the Zodiac signs have been removed so if you want them then let the Maxiods know! Your Sims also have voice tone control with 3 different voices and a slider to customize them.

I think the most effort in Sims3 has been toward story-telling and creating a sim that is intricate in character. They have added an Age to the Sims called Young Adult. Young Adults are age 18-30. Then there’s Adult which is middle aged (yay) then elders. So the ages are Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult and Elder. Our Sims now have 3 favorites in these categories: Food, Music and Color. You choose the favorites and your Sim will react accordingly. The Sims now have character traits (over 70 to choose from) and little “moodlets” on the menu that tell you from moment to moment how your Sim feels and is reacting to things. These moodlets change as your Sim’s day wears on and does different tasks. Toddlers get 2 traits, Children 3, and then the rest 5 traits. Here’s a list of some of the current traits:

Dislikes Children
Inappropriate
Party Animal
Snob
Excitable
Virtuoso
Artistic
Evil
Handy
Natural Cook
Genius
Computer Wiz
Flirty
No Sense of Humor
Daredevil
Vain
Hates the outdoors
Crybaby
Green Thumb
Dreamer
Grumpy
Insane
Schmoozer
Mean-spirited

I think all these developments in our Sim’s will open up a while new world for game play and fun! These traits combine with each other in ways that even the game designers haven’t completely explored yet!

A few other things we were told or saw. Day progresses seamlessly into night and the behavior of our Sims changes after dark! Our Sims now have a cell phone attached to the menu screen for communication. Certain things like staying fit can extend life. Many of the cheats in Sims2 will carry over to sims3. There are tons of new plants and trees and attractive cliff rocks. Basements are easier to make. Cooking is more detailed in the game. Plants can be bunched for a more realistic look. You can drag and drop objects around the neighborhood or on your Sim. They have added a Super Speed to the game which is even faster than the previous fast speed. They said there were new camera options but we didn’t discuss those yet. They refused to tell us about new characters or if Bella would be in Sims3 but they did say some characters would cross over and we would have new ones.

I also requested a few things...I asked for true split-level houses. I asked for a Base-Game installer tool which will allow creator’s to play each expansion pack independently of each other so we can create items for those who don’t have all the future EPS. I asked for a program such as Simpe only more user friendly to the average player( this may be part of the CC thing already). I asked for a way to package lots using only what is in the lot and not multiples (recolors) of that item. It is my hope that all or at least many of these things can be implemented for those of us who love to create!

I have to say I was very impressed with the game even in the early stages! I can hardly wait to see what they do in the months to come and I promise to keep you informed as much as I am allowed to!

Skye

All in all it looks like it might not be such a bad game after all! However you may feel differently!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #467 on: July 25, 2008, 11:19:07 am »

Eye colors on sliders.... :pale:  I mean, that's a good and a bad thing.  Good because you get more variety in colors... but bad because that's a probability that eyes are out when it comes to custom content.  Sad, because I'm definitely not a fan of them right now... too plastic and "demonistic" in my view.  :?

(Yeah, I am a big fan of unique eyes... my sims show that, so I'm naturally highly critical on the Maxis ones.  :lol:)

kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 25, 2008, 02:42:25 pm »

Tenshii~Akari, I can see where you are coming from! I guess the big thing for me is that the colthing is more "cutsomizable" (is that even a word?). I just wish there were more layering options but the two I have been wanting since TS1, changing/going without shoes and changing/going without socks/hose, are included. I would have loved to have seen ties and jackets take that route too but I'll take what I am getting because getting some of what I like is better than getting nothing at all! I am looking forward to it. Yeah some of the things I won't like but they are things that I can live with.

CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 28, 2008, 12:26:41 pm »

I hope to God they do more with the stairs, so we can customize them more without screwing up our buildings (i.e. "grand" staircases). I was somewhat surprised to find the EA apple-polishing in the first few paragraphs, but I guess if you want to have the inside scoop you can't really be berating the company out of the other side of your mouth.
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 29, 2008, 03:06:03 pm »

Quote from: CuriousSimmer;1319897
I was somewhat surprised to find the EA apple-polishing in the first few paragraphs, but I guess if you want to have the inside scoop you can't really be berating the company out of the other side of your mouth.

Yeah you don't want to tick off someone you want to get further access to! However, I don't feel that Skye was "brown-nosing" EA as much as she was "showing professional courtesy".

CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 29, 2008, 03:31:47 pm »

I agree for the most part, except for the admonishment: "I would love to see those who do nothing but complain on the Sims2 BBS give that a little thought. It’s easy to sit back and whine when you don’t actually have to do the work!" I thought that was tacky Tongue
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 29, 2008, 11:51:36 pm »

Quote from: CuriousSimmer;1321157
I agree for the most part, except for the admonishment: "I would love to see those who do nothing but complain on the Sims2 BBS give that a little thought. It’s easy to sit back and whine when you don’t actually have to do the work!" I thought that was tacky Tongue

Tacky? Yes, I agree. However, she was telling the truth! My Granny used to always say, "Don't be a critic unless you can do a better job yourself". Anyway, you are right in that Skye could have chosen more tactful words as opposed to tacky ones.

CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 30, 2008, 12:15:11 am »

Generally I think that's a good motto to live by, unless I'm paying hard-earned money for some good or service. Tongue
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #474 on: August 02, 2008, 07:56:11 pm »

hello

new info on the sims3 game

The Sims 3 lets you immerse truly unique Sims in an open, living neighborhood just outside their door! The freedom of The Sims 3 will inspire you with endless possibilities and amuse you with unexpected moments of surprise and mischief.

New Seamless, Open Neighborhood - Explore the neighborhood freely.
Your Sims can roam throughout their neighborhood, visit neighbors' homes, and explore the surroundings. They can stroll downtown to hang out with friends, meet someone new at the park, or run into colleagues on the street. If your Sims are in the right place at the right time, who knows what might happen?!

New Create A Sim - Create any Sim you can imagine.
New easy-to-use design tools allow for unlimited customization to make truly individual Sims. Determine your Sims' shape and size, from thin to full-figured to muscular - and everything in between! Choose your Sims' facial features, their exact skin tone, hair, eye shape and color and select their clothing and accessories.

New Realistic Personalities - Every Sim is a unique person, with a distinct personality.
Create realistic Sims with distinctive personalities. Select from dozens of personality traits and combine them in fun ways. The combination of traits you choose - brave, artistic, loner, perfectionist, klepto, romantic, clumsy, paranoid, and much, much more - help shape the behavior of your Sims and how they interact with other Sims. Your Sims can now rise above their basic set of every day needs. They are complex individuals with unique personalities.

New Unlimited Customization - Everyone can customize everything!
Build your dream house or design the ultimate home. Customize everything from floors to flowers, shirts to sofas, wallpaper to window shades. It's fun and easy to change colors and patterns giving you endless personalization options. Or you can populate your Sims' neighborhood with pre-designed buildings and furnishings. Which of your Sims will live in high-end mansions, cool bachelor pads, ultimate dream homes or low-cost cottage?

and i will buy the sims3 as soon as its realease in stores i i know that i will have fun with the sims3 Game

enjoy:tongue8:Cheesy:smile::worship:

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
YANFRForm

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 03, 2008, 08:57:01 am »

Quote from: RedRoseTea;1325497

New Create A Sim - Create any Sim you can imagine.
New easy-to-use design tools allow for unlimited customization to make truly individual Sims. Determine your Sims' shape and size, from thin to full-figured to muscular - and everything in between! Choose your Sims' facial features, their exact skin tone, hair, eye shape and color and select their clothing and accessories.

I'll believe that when I see it, and I'm willing to bet it's not true.
YANFRForm

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 04, 2008, 05:24:42 pm »

While I'm being negative ... Oh, I know, EA is my friend!  EA is my buddy!  

This was a news article at scifi.com's fidgit this morning.

Electronic Arts promises investors to nickle and dime Spore players

In case you were worried that Electronic Arts hadn't learned anything from its ongoing attempts to balkanize The Sims 2 with eight expansion packs, nine "stuff" packs, and online micropayments for meaningless shreds of content, fret no more! They have indeed learned something and they'll be putting it into practice with Spore. They've learned that you're not going to do a damn thing about it.

Speaking in an investors' conference call, [CEO John Riccitiello] said he'd be keen to "monetise, if you will, body parts, plant parts, car parts and planets as a way to generate incremental revenue on an installed base of several million active users".
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #477 on: August 04, 2008, 09:31:01 pm »

... Words fail me.  :roll:

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 05, 2008, 10:57:11 am »

The sad part, alot of players are gonna buy it. Why can't I come up with these ideas and use consumers to be rich? I am too thoughtful of others, that's why I am a failure. Oh well a nice one at that. Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
punklikeleno

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 07, 2008, 06:51:15 am »

ugh I think i'll just stick to the Sims 2.I'm comfy with that !
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34
  Print  

Jump to: