Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:53:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: First Impressions  (Read 16265 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
sadie7684

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2008, 12:45:18 pm »

Thanks for the info! Smiley
loopsydoo

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2008, 07:36:20 am »

I have bi hoods, straight hoods, gay hood and a mixture of them all hoods.

So....

I always gender bias my whole hood first off, playables and the townies included. There is no point if your sims do not know their sexual preference, the game is boring, like playing with a doll's house if this is not done.  I use the Insim to do this.

I do not know what Maxis has done but sims are flirting with sims at first sight even whilst gagging at the same time.  Oh dear....this has led to many fights in my game already.  Reputations go down and now my sims with a poor rep get insulted when meeting new sims regardless if the new sim has many nice personality points. Its a real hoot for a while and then it starts to grate you.

I always make my controlled female ( I make many playables so my hood is good looking but only ever play one female, the others are eye candy)ugly to the male sims I make.  I have found that making her to have one two or three bolts is too quick, they flirt with her too fast.  I like my sim to take her time and see what they are like before changing her from fat to fit and doing her makeup and eventually choosing one.  Even though two males ( I make) may be of the same star sign, personality points etc they can still be different.  So of course she gets gagged at a lot but I prefer that to being hit on.

Anyway, in this latest ex pack these males are gagging at her and flirting at the same time just after greeting.  They are also flirting straight away with some of the townies just after greeting and gagging.  The whole point of different aspiration, star signs and turn offs is to stop this...eeek.

Prior to this pack two sims who have a cross through the bolt area had to have at least a few lifetime points and a few more daily points before this was possible.  The lowest I have seen it happen prior to this latest ex pack is 10  lifetime and 45 daily.  Now it is straight away.

I hope there is a patch to get this sorted asap or it makes a mockery of the turn ons and turn offs, aspirational and personality differences.  They might as well not exist right now.

Also the gestures are too much, not much else goes on except greeting at the moment.  I have no doubt the modders are on to that already as they were with the BV gestures.

But overall I like the Apartment ex pack....LOL
stygia2002

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2008, 03:59:42 pm »

Hopefully they will address that (as well as a huge number of other bugs that I've read about) when they release the patch. I haven't gotten my copy yet...I pre-ordered it through Amazon and it will be here Tuesday (it would be here tomorrow, but mail doesn't run on Labor Day.

I do something similar to what you do loopsydo, except I make character concepts for "neighborhood sims" and mold them to that concept, which was made so much faster and easier by Insimenator. I like custom content alot because I can make a whole neighborhood of "barbie dolls". Shallow, I know, but deep down I'm just an 8 year old playing virtual Barbie. Wink

Toodles!

--Stygia
ponder_ndm

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2008, 09:06:21 pm »

I've made quite a few apartments and so far the only problem I've found is that beach apartment lots don't work very well.  As soon as you move a sim in, the ocean covers the beach competely.  Sims can still start fires and dig in the sand -- although they look like they are underwater.

My hardest part was not furnishing the whole apartment before I moved sims in.  If I made a mistake and had to move the sims out to fix the mistake .. poof  .. whole apartment furnishings gone.

Otherwise, I'm have fun with it.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2008, 09:11:29 pm »

You can get the complete build mode options with the cheat boolprop aptsublotspecifictoolsdisabled
Glamour

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2008, 02:54:36 pm »

Where can you find witches i haven't found on yet and the one in donna something is just no fun.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 02:55:45 pm by Glamour » Logged

It's not what someone looks like it's inside that counts. :-P
~Iris~

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2008, 09:28:35 pm »

Apartments: Haven't played them, and not really interested in them.

New Hairs: Cool, but such a waste.  Eight different hairs, with the same style, to change the color of the hair bow?

New Clothes: Not bad.  Disappointed that there weren't any for the little ones.  A lot have already been created by people in the Sims community anyway.  They're certainly more interesting than the ones from the other packs.

Witchcraft: I like, but wish there were more spells, objects, and reagents.  The magical communities aren't a favorite, but I'm loving my feline familiar.

Belladonna Cove: Deleted as soon as the game was installed.

New styles: Eh, not bad.  Gotta love the stairs.

Not bad so far.  I was too tired to enjoy it last night, and a thunder storm totally rained on my parade (no pun intended...well okay, maybe a little one) tonight.  Probably won't get to fully enjoy it until Saturday.

I can grow eggs, steaks, fish and books...but I can't make V8?

My custom sim is Egyptian royalty...the Adventure said so!
Reyn

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2008, 11:11:31 pm »

I just had to do a reinstall - My first plan, once I get all the empty neighborhood templates is to delete my mess around neighborhood, install all the clean files, and start taking every single EAxis house and remodeling it.

Fear the Fox of Fancifulness, for I shall cause attacks of....fancifulness.
A proud soldier in the Animal Army [ Click to learn how to enlist ]
A proud contributor to Free Sites[ Click to see my creations ]
Ariel Dursley, House Hufflepuff - Hogwarts Experience
You cannot take which is given freely, but you are free to look stupid trying.
emyasuicide

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2008, 06:17:54 am »

Hmm, not too impressed with this expansion at the moment! Just waiting for the game guide to arrive from amazon, so hoping things become more clear..
Some cute girls clothes, but yet again, the boys clothes are retarded!!What's the stupid spray painted tops about!!? The new hair is awful! So glad there are loads of decent downloads out there! The pre-made apartments are wayyy too small and awfully laid out! No change there! And there seem to be so many glitches so far, just waiting for the patches to come out. The concept is great, if it worked how it should, which mine isnt! I can't even get visitors who my sims are in love with to sit down with them for one meal yet! Don't know what that's all about! If anyone knows, I've posted a thread called - apartment visitor glitch... have your say in there! The best thing about the game so far is the new build mode stuff! Loving the spiral staircases, new black tiles and bricks, the doors and windows are wicked and great new trees and stuff. At the moment, im very disappointed really, though I wish I wasn't! Am a major Sims fan! Had every Sims1 expansion and have all the Sims2! and definitely getting Sims3! Just wish Maxis/EA would get their acts together! Sad
Ariana*

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2008, 01:35:31 pm »

Apartments: It's cool! I really like it, but I have to built some of my own because maxis' are indeed lame.

New Hairs: They're not bad but they're not preatty either. they're just ok :neutral: I just don't get why they're so many, when must are just the same and the only difference it's a tiny piece a color.

New Clothes: Well they added a lot of new clothes but only 30% are "wearable" (in my opinion) Wink Looks like some of them are just recolos or retextures of previous EP's. But they're mostly fine.

New Furniture:I like most of it but the best to me are the add-ons like the cornices an so.

Witchcraft: Haven't began yet but it looks cool.

Belladonna Cove: ... what can I say, just another neigberhood

The outcome seems cool :-P

:daisy:

:love5:
RanaAurora

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2008, 02:28:17 pm »

Apartments:  The cost is astronomical for their small size.  They're okay, but I'm not praising EA's brilliance for editing the dorm/hotel code.

Hair:  I use almost all CC, but there were a few new Maxis ones I like.

Clothes:  There actually is some cute stuff!  I had to go through pages of CC to find new clothes, but they are there and I like some of them.

Furniture:  Eh.  I like the decorative wall shelf, but it's odd that the majority of items they made to sit on it (cereal boxes, books, etc.) ONLY look good there, because they look oddly small sitting on a counter or end table.

Witchcraft:  I like it a lot. Smiley  It'll make my stereotypical "witch" store a lot more interesting.

Belladonna Cove:  I don't play the new neighborhoods.  I'll look at them when I first get them because they've incorporated all the new features into them, but don't get involved in them.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 02:28:35 pm by RanaAurora » Logged
winterglow

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2008, 01:13:02 pm »

Apartments: I love the concept but I hate the EAxis work
now I'm  making my own apartments
I'm only a bit sad about the problems with the beaches that's too bad  

Hair: these meshes was already on EA store it's horrible!
but they're enough good obviously I hate the simple changing of  color for ribons and other stuff

Clothes: I hate almost all clothes but some mesh will improving with a good recolor
and then the conversions....what FT conversions?Huh?
oh gosh -_-

Furniture: I love only objects with special interactions like the mirrors the bed and the bookcase

Witchcraft: I love it but I hate the ghost cat

Belladonna Cove: I don't play the new neighborhoods.

Koji Tamaki \(^o^)/
Yong Yun Bae  \(*O*)/
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: