Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 05:34:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you find irritating in the sims?  (Read 24572 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
leandor

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2008, 08:44:56 pm »

I know we all love the game and I'm constantly in awe of the beautiful items people make. (I'm still trying to cut down my cusom content but I keep seeing lovely things and the number is going the wrong way.)
However, there is one thing that bugs me, really drives me batty and I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this too.
When you have a sim in a beautiful evening gown, you look at them straight on and it looks gorgeous, then you turn them 45 degrees from the camera and all of a sudden they develop a strange distortion across the chest area. A number of my lady sims seem to have this "mono-breast" deformation! 'Tis scary! :smt104:

Is there anything that winds you up like that? Or am I the lone weirdo?

Love
Lynzi

(PS I hope this isn't considered to be an inflamatory debate type post, I just thought it might be funny)
leandor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 06:30:09 pm »

You mean I'm the only one? Oh dear Sad am I being too picky? No-one else finds it annoying?
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 03:19:21 am »

Oh, you're far from the only one. You just need to give people a chance to answer - and brace yourself for some long replies... Wink

I could go on for a while myself, but a) I'm tired, and b) I have so many hacks in my game to stop the major annoyances, I've almost forgotten what they were :angel: I'm just gonna mention EP-related obsessions and leave it at that for now...

No requests please
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 11:37:13 am »

Hmm...Ok where do I start?  LOL!
I find it irritating

1. that my sims will go out the front door to go to their bedroom because there is a sliding door in their room.  Somehow that triggers them to not use the interior door to get to their bedroom.

2. The whole Bully sim busting into the house to attack my sim by shoving her when she is trying to hold her baby.

2. B  My sim who has been attacked above cannot retaliate so when I click her stupid husband to kick bullies ass he wants to be friends and or flirt with him.  There is no option for defend your spouse/friend/kid or roomie.

3. The flies in dishes that have been on table or counter only a period long enough for your sims to converse at the table.

4. My female sims cannot close their legs when they sit so it looks stupid and obscene when you try to photograph them!

5. Sims have to become entranced anytime there is rain this is ok once but over and over???

6. Nanny becomes incontinent and will not care for baby.  She prepares food even if a pizza is right in front of her.

7. Fruit trees always sick unless you talk to them for hours.

8. Pregnant sims are too exausted and low motives.

9. Pizza and Chinese guy will wait at door for hours to deliver their food but will not wait to be tipped.  That's just weird.

10. Sims prepare food even when there is food already served.

11. Toddlers faces, features are disproportionate to the size of the head.  They are ok as infants but the minute they grow into toddlers their features are freakish.

12. Elders have no midlife they go from adults to one foot in the grave.  

13.  If you replace one lamp in midgame every sim on the lot must rush over to look at it.  No matter what task you have them doing.

14.  One of my sims got the caught cheating on someone fear thingy even tho she was doing woohoo with her own husband because she had a crush on another sim earlier.

15. Putting infants on the floor.  It just freaks me out.

16.  Sims walking all over the front yard in their underwear in dead winter.

17.  Robot crafter makes useless small apliances that mostly malfunction and create messes.  I still don't know what the robot munchie thing does!

18.  Servo:  Robots are too emotional.  I was hoping for robot slaves not another sim to tend to but thats just me.

19.  Small appliances such as juicer and new mixer thing don't seem to be used by my sims to prepare meals and you cannot click on them to get them to work.

20.  Sims will moan and groan about a dirty house but will not try to clean it once it's really dirty just complain.

LOL!  speaking of complaining LOL!  There are so many more but that's enough for now.

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
Islasim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 09:15:12 am »

I hate it how if my sim finally decides to have a shower without me telling him to that I can't give him any other instructions without him hopping out of the shower, so if I want him to keep showering and then do something else I have to click "have shower" and then the other tasks and he doesn't keep showering, no! He gets dressed and then get undressed and gets back in the shower. Why isn't there a way of "keeping" the things in the autonomised action queue?!!?
sevenslucy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 01:03:52 pm »

Haha I agree with everything everyone posted! This drives me crazy: My Sim will come home from work and be very tired but very hungry as well. I have them prepare a meal (so they don't die from hunger) but when they sit down to eat it they fall asleep on their plate! Then their comfort goes down very low so I them to bed...but they keep waking up because they're starving!

vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 02:34:02 pm »

LOL! the two posts above yep I definately agree with all the above!

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 04:45:21 pm »

What's particularly driven me nuts since Seasons - or rather, since my sims started getting hit by lightning, which has been only recent strangely enough:

Their bladder and hygiene goes straight into the red, and understandably the first thing they do is race to the bathroom - bypassing the toilet and washing their hands instead. No matter how many times I direct them to use the toilet, it drops out of the queue and they go to wash their hands instead. Then they wonder why they wet themselves :roll:

I've had a sim lose control of their bladder only once before (not counting the learning curve Wink), and that was after the second time he got scared by a ghost. Was about to fix his needs after the first time before the poor guy had it again :lol:

No requests please
Renette

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 03:51:57 am »

Lol, all of the above, and the following one:

When my sims (with enough cooking skills) get hungry and they go off to prepare a meal because I haven't instructed them to - they keep making the darned lobster! That just freaks me out everytime. Cheesy
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 08:52:34 am »

Quote from: RenSims0;1373243
Lol, all of the above, and the following one:

When my sims (with enough cooking skills) get hungry and they go off to prepare a meal because I haven't instructed them to - they keep making the darned lobster! That just freaks me out everytime. Cheesy

Ah, the old Lobster obsession... I hated that one!
These days I use a no auto cook mod. That fixed it. The one I have (from SimLogical) prevents all auto-cooking, so no more Lobsters everywhere. Sims can still feed themselves if they are about to starve tho. And you can direct them to cook whatever.

If youre interested:
Click Here. Look for "NO AUTONOMY FRIDGES PATCH"
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 02:41:02 pm »

LOL!  If I had endless lobster in the fridge I guess I would indulge too! LOL!

Coptic Text

leandor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 07:09:05 pm »

ROTFL

I've been spending so long trying to sort out my downloads folder I'd forgotten about all of those things. I have thought of another though. Sometimes, when your sim goes outside on their own and you bring them in, only for them to go out again as soon as you "let go" and then their clothes get all muddled up and they start wandering round the house in their snow suit or going to the shops in their PJs. It must have caused quite a stir in Pleasantville when that happened to my sim who slept naked!
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2008, 04:59:10 am »

May sound weired. But apart from many things already mentioned, why can't slobs be slobs. Why do they complain about a dirty house or stink, even though I've chosen stink as a turn On for them? Makes these options pretty useless in my book.

Also I'm annoyed by the constant crybaby behaviour of any given Sim, even though they're supposed to be mean.

Newly introduced with AL, but nevertheless a major pain in the behind, the unnerving unwillignless to sign an apartment contract. Watching the accusing glare at me and the listless behaviour, I want to shout: Yes, you friggin dork, you're supposed to sign that bloody contract unless you want to make your bed near the bin.

And last but not least, the fire annoyance. Why do they have to watch thereby sometimes burning to a cinder? You can't even make them dial emergency, so that particular phone option is as valuable as a wart on the hindparts.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 05:01:59 am by abaris » Logged
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2008, 11:04:06 am »

Ah, gotta love legacies - they remind you how much you miss the following:

1) The visitor controller. I'd forgotten how much of a PITA those Uni NPCs are - well, more to the point I hadn't, that's why I miss it so much! The llama mascot and cheerleader are fine, except their annoying urge to do that friggin' school cheer every 5 sim minutes. The professors I can ignore as they actually have the decency to ring the doorbell first - and are the only NPCs to do so. The coach can be useful for working some flab off lazy sims, but in general he belongs at boot camp, not Uni. The streakers are harmless enough, unless the sim's a prude of course... then there are the cow mascots. I really need to get a sim in the Secret Society so I can pinch a cowplant, 'cause I so want those damn mascots to get eaten. I've taken to locking the doors to keep them all out, even though it includes the nicer ones, but they still linger outside and grab you if you happen to be coming back from class. Why these goons ever got cooked up I've no idea angry

2) No autonomy fridge - not only do they like to fix themselves meals when they're not hungry, there's the notorious "Stuff face" that they love to do even when their hunger's still in the green. Agh!

3) No autonomous view - I'll never get what's so fascinating about these ornaments or mounted fish that they feel the urge to "view" them every few minutes ¬_¬

4) No autonomous smustle/hula/tai-chi - yep, a child sim and a stereo are a recipe for disaster >_< The hula's not so bad, even the amount of time they like to do it. The tai-chi is really getting on my nerves, they seem to do it every chance they get. Although on the plus side, they get fit and it ups some of their needs, but they don't need to do it all the time...!

5) Less pet warfare - I'd installed this in other games 'cause I was sick of strays turning up and fighting, but I'm realising there's another reason I needed it. No matter what I try, my legacy cats are always challenging, which leads to enemies, then to fights. Ugh. Why can't you scold them for hostility when they challenge each other?! To make matters worse, the pets being picked on then run off, even if they've got good relationships with other sims.

Phew. That's about the worst of them that I've had to deal with (fairly) recently. There probably will be more, but I think I've ranted enough for now :angel:

No requests please
Synerje

Crazy Cat Lady

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 05:31:53 am »

Okay what i really find annoying about Afterlife oops i mean Apartment Life,
that stupid housekeeper or whoever comes in at totally random times to "check" on you or whatever
even when your sims are in bed, sleeping or doing something else!
Also this thing that has been annoying me for a very very long time now...
The face they make when they smile, i mean really, do your eyebrows go up to your friggin hairline when you smile?
I really doubt that...
Oh yea and all the infants look identical, even though they are cute
but as someone already said when they turn into toddlers a lot of them are just plain horrible to look at!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: