Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 11:54:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you built an apartment?  (Read 22214 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
evile420

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2008, 04:05:55 pm »

i read on some site... not too sure where, that you cant make beach lots into apartments, it wont work.

that is not dead which can eternal lie...  and given strange Aeons, even Death may die...
atlbynghtst

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 08:57:34 pm »

yes the tutorial at simwiki is excellent
winterglow

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 01:35:18 pm »

I'm trying to build my own condo in these days and the work is proceding  fine at the moment ^^
thanks to "changelotzoning" cheat  

I've only a question now I'm working with residential lot mode when I will finish and I will have changed my lot into an apartment lot
I will see all the content out of the apartments?

Koji Tamaki \(^o^)/
Yong Yun Bae  \(*O*)/
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 10:42:24 pm »

I been looking for apartment buildings to download and can't find any even on sims 2 maxis site.  I not too good at building myself so waiting on talented folks to upload some.

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 02:15:58 pm »

EA mentioned in the AL readme file that beaches and apartments don't mix.
missflor86
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 03:12:19 pm »

i dont understand why there isnt any simple way to do things in these games haha. i dont wana stress myself out trying to build one Sad
blueberrybruise

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 04:20:12 pm »

Well, it's going alright but one big snag right now: I had intended to house 6 seperate sims in an apartment building. Spent bunches of time building this really nice apartment building with lots of amenities, looked up the cheat to re-zone it and had my sims begin moving in and I found out only 4 playable sims can live in the building. Sad However, I may be happy if I can duplicate the building and house 3 in each and let the rest fill up with other neighbors.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2008, 09:08:48 am »

Quote from: evile420;1368147
i read on some site... not too sure where, that you cant make beach lots into apartments, it wont work.

Oh, nice one!

That explains why I always get the message "invalid lot" when I want to rezone. Takes a whole lot of fun out of custom apartments, since I wanted them to be on the beach.

Quote from: blueberrybruise;1375304
Spent bunches of time building this really nice apartment building with lots of amenities, looked up the cheat to re-zone it and had my sims begin moving in and I found out only 4 playable sims can live in the building. Sad However, I may be happy if I can duplicate the building and house 3 in each and let the rest fill up with other neighbors.

Another goody I didn't know of. Guess I save my time then, since it seems rather pointless to create apartments.

Sometimes I wonder about the thought process of the developers. Beach Condo? Who needs that.´And, four Sims are more than enough. Yeah, right. Everyone needs an apartment when they are able to control less Sims than in a single house.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 09:15:15 am by abaris » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2008, 01:32:13 pm »

Household limits in apartment units are the same as on residential lots.  Any combination of sims and pets up to 10 combined with a maximum of 6 pets or 8 sims.  With this limitation, only 4 apartment units may be occupied by playable sims.  You can have more units, but any over 4 have members of the social groups move in.
JohnnyB

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2008, 12:04:42 am »

I've been able to build and play apartments and am now testing shops on the ground floor.  I tried one variant with a restaurant and a shop.  The restaurant worked fine but I kept having trouble with the shop operating like it should.
What I did was create the building as a residence first, then change it to apartmentbase.  
I understand that if you build first in community mode and then change the zoning to apartment base the shops will work normally.
One thing I have not been able to do is advertise for roommates!
I think my newspaper is somehow involved.  I haven't been able to find a job via the newspaper since before Vacation came out.

JohnnyB :angel:
andrewplay599

View Profile WWW
hi
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2008, 12:21:28 am »

Quote from: vickylougrl;1374387
I been looking for apartment buildings to download and can't find any even on sims 2 maxis site.  I not too good at building myself so waiting on talented folks to upload some.

There are a least 20 uploaded apartments here on insimenator under residential in the comunity download section. Hope this helps.

quinmalkiq

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2008, 08:59:19 am »

Hello,
I have Apartment Life and made a real Nice Apartment.
4 Apartments with a Driveway each etc... The only
problem is, I followed advice and zoned the Apartment
up right, Letterbox changed and all... But the second I
went into Neighbourhood the Apartments Disappeared...
Is there a way I can get the Apartment back?? if so please
reply ASAP...

Thank you for your time...
hume6773

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2008, 12:14:49 am »

i have builded acouple of apartments and mine work good in the game
TayterB

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2008, 06:28:43 pm »

I built a nice two story 10 unit apt complex zoned it and eveything then went back into the nieghborhood and when I tried to move the family those was no apts it said zero units and there was no pricing for the apartment

What did i do wrong
Xtian913

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2008, 02:47:21 pm »

TatyerB, did you use the specific apartment front door for the apartments? Apparently you have to use a specific apartment door to designate that unit as an apartment.

I followed the tutorial on SimWiki and it worked like a charm for me! Built four units, all of them up & renting!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: