Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:13:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: So has anyone gotten Apartment Life yet?  (Read 32148 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
sijin

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2008, 11:04:07 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1359351
No, in build or buy mode there's an icon below the eyedropper called Design Tool - R.  The R is the keyboard shortcut.  Click on it, then click on the closet rack or door, make the changes (you should be able to change both right then), and for 15 simoleans, you've got what you want.

Thanks!! :worship:
goodstart1

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2008, 11:48:12 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1357988
If you move your sims via the Sim Bin, you just hosed your neighborhood and those sims with interesting storylines.  Their memories are now all messed up.  

The only way you could have safely moved them is packaging them before installing AL (need SimPE to extract them from the game and it's not updated for AL), then installing them after the AL installation.  But then they lose that storyline.

Hopefully you made the back up of your neighborhoods prior to installing AL, you'll be able to recover everything as it was.

NOPE, DIDN'T HAPPEN. ACTUALLY I MOVED MY SIMS TO THE BIN AND WHEN I PULLED UP BC THEY WEREN'T THERE. I WAS MAINLY CONCERNED WITH KEEPING MY FAMILY TREES TOGETHER. FOR EXAMPLE I'LL CREATE A MARRIED COUPLE, GIVE THEM A CHILD, AND THEN CREATE A SIBLING FOR ONE OF THE SPOUSES AND A SET PARENTS FOR THE OTHER SPOUSE, SO NOW THE MARRIED COUPLE'S CHILD HAS AN AUNT OR UNCLE AND GRANDPARENTS. THEN I MOVE THEM IN ONE HOUSE AND HAVE EVERYONE EXCEPT FOR THE MARRIED COUPLE AND CHILD TO "FIND MY OWN PLACE." ANYWAY, I BECAME CONCERNED ABOUT THE LOSS OF MEMORY STATEMENT SO I WENT BACK AND CHECKED EACH FAMILY AND ALL OF THIR MEMORIES WERE INTACT. ONCE I REALIZED THAT MY SIMS DIDN'T SHOW UP IN BC'S SIM BIN, I WENT BACK TO THE CUSTOM LOT AND MERGED PEOPLE INTO ONE HOUSE. SO ALL OF THE SCATTERED RELATIVES WERE PUT BACK TOGETHER. BEST FRIENDS WERE MERGED- EVEN SOME SPOUSES WERE MERGED WITH THE PERSON THEIR SIGNIFICANT OTHER WAS HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH AND I MOVED THE ENTIRE LOT INTO THE BUILDING BIN AND THEN MOVED THE HOUSES TO BC. ONCE THE HOUSES WERE PLACED IN BC, I SPLIT EVERYONE BACK UP INTO NEW HOUSES OR APARTMENTS AND THE FAMILY TREES ARE STILL THERE AS WELL AS MEMORIES. I'M SURE THERE WAS AN EASIER WAY TO DO THIS BUT I DID WHAT I KNEW WOULD WORK AND IT DID.:happy8:
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2008, 12:07:10 am »

What about memories of townies that don't exist in this neighborhood?  That's where part of the problem is.  The other part of the problem is when you moved the lot via the lot bin, it also packed up copies of the known sims that didn't move and brought them with, BUT those sims don't actually get installed.

Packaging the sims individually or with a house, and installing them back into your game is the only safe way to move the families.  You will have problems with this neighborhood.  Guaranteed.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2008, 03:49:40 pm »

hello

I just wanted to let everyone that i got al at best buy today.

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
goodstart1

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2008, 11:42:50 am »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1362232
What about memories of townies that don't exist in this neighborhood?  That's where part of the problem is.  The other part of the problem is when you moved the lot via the lot bin, it also packed up copies of the known sims that didn't move and brought them with, BUT those sims don't actually get installed.

Packaging the sims individually or with a house, and installing them back into your game is the only safe way to move the families.  You will have problems with this neighborhood.  Guaranteed.

HUH? I DON'T CARE ABOUT MEMORIES OF THE TOWNIES. I DIDN'T REALLY CARE TOO MUCH ABOUT THE MEMORIES OF MY SIMS, JUST AS LONG AS MY RELATED SIMS WEREN'T TRYING TO HOOK UP WITH EACH OTHER AND NO ONE HAD TO RE-MARRY.THESE SIMS FROM MY CUSTOM NEIGHBORHOOD WERE CREATED A FEW DAYS BEFORE I BOUGHT AL. I CHECKED ALL THE MEMORIES ANYWAY AND THEY ARE ALL INTACT INCLUDING INTERACTIONS WITH PEOPLE THAT WERE NOT BROUGHT OVER TO BC. I WAS CONCERNED ABOUT ONE SIM THAT I DIDN'T BRING OVER BECAUSE I MOVED HER FAMILY TO BC AND LEFT HER BECAUSE SHE WAS AT A UNIVERSITY, BUT HER MOM STILL HAS MEMORIES OF HER AND SHE STILL HAS MEMORIES OF HER MOM. I PROBABLY WILL HAVE PROBLEMS LATER, BUT I'LL "CROSS THAT BRIDGE WHEN I GET TO IT.":angel:
Fethre

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2008, 03:54:29 pm »

I got it the day it came out and even took off school to get get it. It rocks! I adore it, only I wish that you could have complete control of building in your own sims apartment and that it didn't need to involve cheats to make one. Other then that, the magic is cool, but still remains unexplored much by me, and I am all in all loving it!

-Just saw this post, so this happened a while ago...-

I want to rule the world...
...but I suppose I can settle for the Sims 2.
:angel:
[/SIZE][/B]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: