Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:05:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Baggy Shorts for the Fam: 5 New Meshes, 6 Textures (IMPORTANT UPDATE 9/30/09)  (Read 31078 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« on: September 01, 2008, 10:56:10 am »

9/30/09:  Okay, so these past few months, even though I've been online almost every day, I haven't updated my threads here, and I deeply apologize to everyone for the negligence.  The meshes and textures have since been updated (last day of March to be exact).  I just never posted the link, nor have I gotten around to taking new pictures due to my laptop being a total douche while the game is running.  

(And for those of you wondering, yes these are the updated meshes I posted over at Real Sims, so they are the same version if you have already downloaded them from there.)

If you are interested in having the newer files, please download from the Mediafire link at the bottom of this post to download them.  Just simply replace the older files, and things should be alright.  Still no morph meshes as of yet, but if people feel like I'm taking too long in making them, feel free to modify and freely share however you like, just as my ToU states.

If you have any retextures of the old meshes, they will be affected.  The UVs on the meshes have changed drastically in order to make it easier to align textures properly.  

Once again, I apologize for the lateness and inconvenience.   Sad

(Shirts by:  fanseelamb, angelperry (aka angelmarie123), Mirade, migamoo, and me (maxis tank edit))

What are cool urban-styled tees without a decent pair of shorts and sneakers to match?  Wink

Five new meshes, 2 alpha styles (untucked and high waist), 3 jean texture styles, two different shoes each.  :smile bi:  (The Low-Rise version is what's pictured... high waist is pretty much self-explanatory.  Wink )

Light Blue

Dark Blue

Black

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Formerly Known Issue:

Because of the nature and style of these pants, any sort of kneeling or crossing legs may turn out disastrous.  (I can't seem to find a good way to fix this without loosing the overall bagginess... and what's the point of baggy shorts if they aren't baggy? Sad )  I'll still try to work this one out while trying to retain the style, so be sure to check for any updates to the meshes.  Sim "photographer" discretion is advised
.  :lol:

Fixed to the best of my abilities... there is still a little odd clipping, but not nearly as horrible as before. 

Mesh Details:

Children's shorts  
Face count:  1004
Vertex Count:  761

Adult Female Shorts  
Face count:  980
Vertex Count:  767

Teen Female Shorts  

Adult Male Shorts  

Teen Male Shorts  
Vertex Count:  901

Texture & Mesh Policy

You may:

*  Make recolors and use any part of my texture. No permission is needed, but feel free to show me your work so I can download it, too.  :smile bi:

*  Redistribute these meshes with your recolors, but please link back to this thread and check for updates.  I frequently go back and check to see if there's anything I need to improve on.  Wink

*  Use any parts of the meshes in your projects (since it's a direct edit and combination of EAxis' meshes anyways.  :lol:)

You may NOT:

*  Post this or your recolors on any paysites.  That includes TSR, folks.  tongue

*  Use any part of my textures/meshes on items set as "Donation" or "pay".  Don't use my hard work your financial gain.  Karma will eat your soul if you do.

*  Convert to other games outside of the Sims franchise without consulting me first.  *Glares right at IMVU*  

Any constructive critique is welcome. Please let me know if you find any faults or have any problems getting my meshes to work.  I'd definitely appreciate it so I can work out the issue and know what not to do the next time I make a mesh.   Grin

Hope you enjoy!  :smile bi:

* (~BaggyShortsGroupShot~).jpg (234.36 KB, 600x600 - viewed 36026 times.)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 08:46:49 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Ghen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 11:07:26 am »

Eee! These are so awesome Tenshii, thanks!

kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 11:24:41 am »

Tenshi these are great sweety
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 11:39:45 am »

Thank you very much

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 11:56:03 am »

Cute! You did a great job, Tenshii!

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

tophatdan

iam a superhero in real life...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 01:17:37 pm »

wow, these will make a good start for some golf pants!

i cut the non sticky personal ads out of newspapers and burn then for inspiration
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 06:56:58 pm »

I love these textures and thanks for the warning about the 'oopses'. I don't mind it, but it's always good to know. Nothing like trying to take a picture to find out the mesh won't cooperate Wink

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
matze

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 11:15:48 pm »

Very well done. These are great. Thank you very much.

Live your dreams, before it's too late.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 11:31:48 pm »

Thanks so much for sharing, girlie! I appreciate your hard work!

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
hillsim1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 01:45:23 am »

Wow!!  these are wonderful!!
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 01:58:27 am »

These are great!

Thank you, Tenshii. Cheesy

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 06:21:54 am »

Very cute! Thank you!

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 07:58:04 am »

Glad everyone likes them!  :smile bi:  Thanks for downloading!

krayzeeb

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 12:42:28 pm »

thanks alot great work!
goddesstfy232

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 05:08:24 pm »

wow great stuff!!!! hey where did you get the hair from the girl laying down in the middle?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: