Insimenator.org
April 17, 2024, 09:04:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: Teen/Adult/YA Nanny EP8  (Read 101254 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2012, 01:10:36 pm »

Since you can make multiple nannies with this mod, I'd assume that the mod only affects nanny creation, not how they act afterward.  Since you're the only one with this problem, I suspect that  you've got another nanny mod causing problems.

Things you can test: (You can stop once the nanny doesn't get stuck.)
1) In the neighborhood with the custom nanny, play a house that uses the elderly nanny, if you still have one.  Does she get stuck in her car too? 
2) Back up the neighborhood.  Kill off the custom nannies.  Hire a new one, who should be elderly.  Does she get stuck in her car too?
3) In an empty neighborhood, make a CAS family with a toddler.  Hire a nanny.  Does she get stuck in her car too?
4) Navigate to My Documents/EA Games/.  Rename The Sims 2 to something else.  Run the game.  Repeat step 3.  When finished, delete the new The Sims 2 and rename your old file back to The Sims 2.

If the nanny gets stuck in step 4, your games files have been corrupted and you need to reinstall.  Sorry!
If the nanny isn't stuck in step 4 but is in step 3, you've got another nanny affecting hack.  Try HCDU or a binary-divide-and-conquer.
If the nanny isn't stuck in step 3 but is in step 2, something in your neighborhood is corrupt.  There are several candidates, but I'm not sure what to recommend.
Step 1 and step 2 should have the same results (stuck or not stuck).  If not stuck, you're done; your game is fixed.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: