Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 12:58:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is SeeThem2 Right for Me?  (Read 6720 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2008, 06:48:50 pm »

I've seen a whole lot of users asking for help, and as the game of 20 questions is ongoing, the use of SeeThem2 has come out of the closet, so to speak.

SeeThem2 does two things for a player:

• It adds the censor.package to Downloads
  • It creates or overwrites Config\userStartup.cheat with the following entries:
  • boolprop snapObjectsToGrid false
  • boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true
  • boolprop allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true
[/LIST]
What this means to you the player:
1.  Anything you had in your userStartup.cheat file is lost.  Overwritten.  Gone.  Deleted.

2.  snapObjectsToGrid - This is a very useful cheat for decorating houses or setting up photo opportunities.  But when it is set while in Build Mode you cannot place doors or windows.  It will cause problems trying to place the Very Mysterious Shelving from Apartment Life.

3.  testingCheatsEnable - There is no harm at all in leaving this on all the time.  I've got it in my userStartup.cheat file.  I play with mine on all the time.  Many people I know have it on all the time.  

Where it "messes up my game" comes from is it will generate errors IF you have broken mods/hacks.  This is a good thing.  It tells you that you have a mod or hack that does not work right.  You have an opportunity to fix your game.

Why play with it on?  Besides finding broken mods, you can point and click on any motive/need, on skill bars, on personality bars, and on interest bars and drag them to where you want them.  You can do the same with the Short Term and Long Term relationships.

4.  allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation - I've got this on in my userStartup.cheat file also.  There's no harm with this one on all the time in any Mode.  Leave it on, go to place an object, and before the object is placed, use the < or > keys to rotate the object the way you want it.  EDIT:  It's been reported this cheat interferes with the placement or use of the new large aquarium that comes with Apartment Life.

5.  The last thing it does is put the censor.package into your game.  But it's a censor.package created for NL by Quaxi.  Quaxi's since created a version for OFB and for Pets which is compatible with every EP after Pets.  I prefer using the most current version myself.  I mean, if the old version was good, why are there newer versions?  There's a link on the FAQ page at Ambertation to the 3 different versions he wrote, along with a tutorial for SimPE to enable or disable the blur.

It's your decision on whether you use SeeThem2 or not.  Hopefully this has given you a little information that will help you decide if it's right for you or not.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 09:55:07 pm by ancienthighway » Logged
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 06:55:10 pm »

Thanks for writing this ancient. Going to sticky it.
street07

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 09:09:43 pm »

I don't usually have much to say... But this one caught my eye, as I recall  when I started Sims (1) and was looking for a censor hack I found (simsky's?) SeeThem. When I started Sims 2, that was the first place I looked, so I've used it for Years. I have always played with testingCheatsEnabale On (Watch it kids). Also, (good point Ancienthighway) If you Frist Use or Change settings in SeeThem2 it will Rewrite your userStartup.cheat file. I'd say Keep a backup of what you want and use testingCheats and snapObjects in game as needed.

I am stranded...Caught in the crossfire
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 12:32:56 am »

to be honest I go crazy if I don't have this mod (so luckily it don't need updates Cheesy). Beeing able to adjust the bars is so good when I doo storytelling - like when I need them fainting or sleeping.

I never use the snapobjects part though. it's just annoying to not be able to place doors and such. I use the codes instead.

besides - with my memory I have troubles remembering the long codes...

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Bree2kool8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 09:14:05 am »

i love this mod! the only one i don't use is the snapobjectstogrid. it just gets annoying, so i'd rather just type in the code. aside from that i love it!!!

[/FONT][/B][/I][/SIZE]
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 09:41:46 am »

Although I have used this mod for 3 yrs, I didn't know it adds the censor package to downloads. Would that affect my uploads?

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
mizmudgie
Site Santa!

Yes...I bite.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 11:40:37 pm »

I have used it since I started playing, I use the C them, and the 45 angle only.

If you want respect...SHOW RESPECT!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: