Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:20:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This is nuts - Easy Money  (Read 7216 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DarkAmaranth

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2008, 09:45:09 pm »

Okay, I had to try it twice to belive it but, you can get free furniture and, actually get paid to move in and out.

First build an apartment, funish it with the best of everything, money is no object. now, once you've zoned it and are at the neighborhhood turn testing cheats on (ctrl+shift+c then type boolprop testingcheatsenabled true)

Chose a family, or create one and move them into the apartment you built and funished. Shift+click the door and rent funished apartment. Save as you exit the lot, move the family back to the bin from the neighborhood screen.

Now move them back in to the same lot and again rent the apartment funished. Repeat the move in, move out as often as you want. Each time your family will get the value of the furnishings that would normally be deleted when you rent but, the furniture stays in the apartment.

Example: Single sim moved in and rented furnished - funds 18,883. Move out then in again 98,078 and again, 177,273. Same apartment and always furnished.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 12:17:18 am »

:lol:  I'm telling you, EA is a money monger.  Every other EP, they add in some form of cheat for money.  (kaching, motherlode, familyfunds, money... now this)

It's basically the same way with the original maxis furnished houses, by moving them in and back out... only with the furnished apartments, you get way more money than losing out.  :toothy5:

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 01:05:51 am »

It's all a matter of how you play the game.  If you are one that has to have all the money in the nicest houses with skills and job maxed out, there are ways to make it happen so you can do whatever after that.

If you don't play that way, you don't have to use the cheats.
Wembeley

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 03:47:43 pm »

It's so much easier, sounds like moving in and out of apartments would take a lot of time loading the lots etc.  I always create a small empty lot in every neighborhood, move new families in there bring up the cheat window and type motherlode then repeat until they have at least 500k. I'm too impatient to use other methods.
hiiammregg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 06:31:46 am »

I also prefer motherlode and use that method wembely

~simaholic

Runaway Slave

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 10:03:11 pm »

I live on familyfunds cheat. It is so easy and you can give them lots or little money. I usually give them lots of money and once they are settled and the whole house is furnished I leave them with only 10 000 simoleons Cheesy
TheLibrarySim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 09:56:46 pm »

I try not to motherlode or kaching if I can help it. I used to buy the "Flowing Waters" picture (or whatever it was called) for $300 and then sell it back after midnight for $2000, or the Dream Catcher ($50 buy, $1760 sellback), but those don't seem to work. It's to the point now where I actually have to get some of my Sims jobs! Luckily, if you're reputation is high enough and you correctly schmooze the right Sim, you'll be offered a job at around Level 5-you get the Aspiration benefit first thing and some handy salary.
Who knows-maybe there's another painting out there that you can buy cheap and sell dear the next day.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: