Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 03:55:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Few things bugging me about AL  (Read 22598 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 11:57:12 am »

Quote from: Phenomenallove;1387520
Im out of ideas! How an I stop this happening, or at the very least turn them into proper adults when it does happen?? Can anyone help?

Sad

Take Inteenimater out of your game if it's there.  It's not compatible.
Take Squinge's College Interactions on Any Lot out of your game if it's there.  While it may work with AL, it doesn't sound like it's working for you.
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2008, 03:42:37 am »

Quote from: Michele;1387960
TO fix BookhandBoy, run "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true", shift click the kid, force an error, click delete. Save and exit the lot.
He should appear by the mailbox without the books in hand.

I've had this happen with the "spray paint" for the car before this EP came out, and with the wand in this  EP.

This fixed my sims.

Thanks I'll give it a try. You may have just saved BookHand Boy's life. Smiley
glenglenda

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2008, 05:39:26 pm »

I have a minor issue with my game - one of my sims has a want to "read someone to sleep," a new interaction I haven't seen before. So the instructions were to have the child relax in bed and select "Read to sleep." So I tried that, but the "read to sleep" option never appeared. I clicked on the kid, I clicked on the bed, I clicked on the bookshelf, I clicked on the parent, and couldn't find this option anywhere.  I even tried differend beds lol.  Has anyone else had this problem?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2008, 02:20:49 am »

If you don't have all the closet options, you either have an outdated version of Squinge's PregnantWearAnyClothes (it's been updated for AL) or a custom dresser or some other hack interfering with the closet.
pokose7en

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2008, 06:05:50 am »

Mine is sims always eat at their rooms....
Always.Always.
Why can't they find the nearest table and seat to sit and eat?
I'm clueless, hope there will be the mod for this soon.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2008, 11:28:07 am »

I have but one bugbear with AL so far - the new way it handles guests. More realistic maybe, but if your sims are too tired and the guest (in this case, invited herself round) decides to stay all night, you then end up with a "you invited me to stay over but didn't let me sleep" rant - never mind the fact that you a) didn't invite the sim to stay over, and b) you actually have a spare room for the guest to sleep if they so choose :x This is despite the fact that other guests still follow the old behaviour of leaving at about 2am.

The "be greeted" thing is annoying, but I can live with it. I like how it factors in outgoing when deciding whether or not to push your sim into doing it though. Quiet sims are behaving more like quiet sims, finally Smiley

No requests please
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2008, 04:09:03 pm »

Quote from: Sadie79;1397841
I have but one bugbear with AL so far - the new way it handles guests. More realistic maybe, but if your sims are too tired and the guest (in this case, invited herself round) decides to stay all night, you then end up with a "you invited me to stay over but didn't let me sleep" rant - never mind the fact that you a) didn't invite the sim to stay over, and b) you actually have a spare room for the guest to sleep if they so choose :x This is despite the fact that other guests still follow the old behaviour of leaving at about 2am.

The "be greeted" thing is annoying, but I can live with it. I like how it factors in outgoing when deciding whether or not to push your sim into doing it though. Quiet sims are behaving more like quiet sims, finally Smiley

I thought this was only happening in my game. Yep, the way Maxis have set up the behaviour of the apartment dwellers is a bit mucked up. Hopefully we'll have hacks to sort all this stuff out eventually. Still got my fingers crossed on a hack to stop the landlord from showing up after you rent an apartment unless you call.

Smiley

Another thing bugging me that I should add to my list is the problem with beach lots. I know you can correct the problem by using SIMPE and changing the elevation number but it's a real pain to have to do it.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 04:11:47 pm by Dizzymental » Logged
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2008, 04:15:34 pm »

I haven't played apartments long enough to invite guests, that's just it; this was all in a regular house.

Agreed about the beach problem. I guess it's too much to hope for that it gets fixed in the patch?

No requests please
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2008, 12:19:51 am »

Quote from: Sadie79;1398289
I haven't played apartments long enough to invite guests, that's just it; this was all in a regular house.

Ah now that makes me wonder if a hack is causing that to happen then. I have a "stayover late" hack, or something like that. I put that in since installing AL, which is when I first noticed what you mention. Blimey, these hacks! LOL.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2008, 05:10:14 am »

I don't have any hacks like that - the visitors stay late enough without them :lol: Plus, this is a legacy so I don't even have the visitor controller Sad

I've heard other complaints about this too, and I don't know if they were apartments or houses, but they seem to be handled in the same way. It seems to be random, too :oogle: Guests would sometimes stay overnight in this way before, but never got that ranting dialogue before AL.

No requests please
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2008, 06:50:04 pm »

I've noticed it, but seeing that there's no major damage to the relationship, I don't worry about it.
Raeysama

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 10:48:22 pm »

Ever since I installed AL there has been a alarming influx of elderly people around my area. Its weird or maybe i'm just starting to notice the npc's in the game.  Is this happening to anyone else?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2008, 04:17:08 am »

There are more elders as part of the social classes.
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2008, 03:03:25 am »

Your closet problem sounds like the pregnancy hack. I think Squinge has fixed it now, so you should download the new version.

Quote from: smurfs8mysox7;1405864

I also have this one sim who has a bird statue stuck to her head. No matter what I do it wont go away. I even deleted her and it was STILL there. She got it after coming back from vacation. She's an adult and it's still there.

Like BookHand Boy, even when he grew up he still had the stack of books stuck to his hand. In the end I turned him into BookHand Dead. His gravestone is in Central Park.  

Weird thing about the bird statue though: in the duplex apartments, my sim neighbours kept going around the side of the house, and then wandering back. I found a bird statue out of the grid back there, in the corner, and I know I didn't put it there. Very odd things going on in AL. Smiley
Wembeley

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2008, 09:13:26 pm »

The most annoying thing to me for Apartments is that I think if you are on an apartment lot you should be able to switch between apartments/families on that lot and not have to go all the way back to the neighborhood and then select the new family you want to play and re-load the lot.  That would be a huge time saver.  Maybe there is a programming thing that makes that not possible but if it were possible that would be something that would make Apartment Life a really neat addition to the game.  As it is, you get stuck with closets that block your view a lot of the time and you are limited to build/buy where you want to and it's just very restrictive.  I use it for a few families when I want them to get to know each other and don't want to have to spend a lot of time on community lots to build up their friendships but as soon as they know each other well enough to be able to call them and invite them over, I move them all out into their own houses.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: