Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 04:10:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: What does THAT mean?  (Read 4617 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Xtian913

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2008, 09:24:34 pm »

Hello all,

So I recently had a Sim who for whatever reason stopped being able to use the phone. When I would have her call someone, she would pick up the receiver put it to her ear and then just hang it up. I was trying to figure out what was conflicting with it, because she never used to have this issue, so I turned on the CheatsEnabled cheat, that could supposedly point me in the right direction. However, I got this error message:

An error occurred in object "Controller - Age" #90, Error: Bad gosub tree number.

This doesn't really point out what's wrong, as far as my noob mind can tell? Does this have something to do with InSimenator, because I know you can control their age in that?

Any help would be appreciated. Smiley

« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 09:26:21 pm by Xtian913 » Logged
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 10:04:07 pm »

Do you have any phone/aging related hacks in your game?  If so, make sure they're up-to-date with the EPs you have.  Wink

miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 10:24:50 pm »

What EPs do you have?  What patches do you have?  This sounds like the famous "jump bug" where Sims with too many memories couldn't use the phone.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 10:54:44 pm »

It sounds like you could have a hack conflict. Go into My Document/EA Games/The Sims 2/Logs and look for a file called "ObjectError_N004_t24800.txt" and upload it as an attachment. If you don't know how to do that, click on the tab that says "Go Advanced" and from there click on the paper clip icon. You'll see the option to upload a file from your computer or to upload from an url. Upload from your computer. One of us will be able to take a look at it and hopefully give you a hand.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Xtian913

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 11:42:43 pm »

@miros1: Well, I have all EPs and I have patched them all as I went installing them.

@Tenshii: Hmm, phone hacks? I dont think so... but who knows. I dont have any aging hacks, other than I use the No Aging cheat for my main 'hood, but thats not a hack.... so, I guess not.

@Joy, okay, I'm gonna upload the error log! Smiley

* ObjectError_N004_t244800.txt (43.16 KB - downloaded 161 times.)
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 11:59:44 pm »

If you've got no aging hacks, click Delete next time it comes up.  The game will respawn the Age Controller.  If the error continues, then you may have a hack from a download that you didn't know about.  That's another issue.

As far as the phone, I that I must periodically delete all the phones on the lot, then buy them again for the phones to work.  I haven't pinpointed the cause yet, but completely deleting all phones will reset the phone controller.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 08:34:18 am »

Quote from: Xtian913;1385045
@miros1: Well, I have all EPs and I have patched them all as I went installing them.

@Tenshii: Hmm, phone hacks? I dont think so... but who knows. I dont have any aging hacks, other than I use the No Aging cheat for my main 'hood, but thats not a hack.... so, I guess not.

The phone hack can be attached to a downloaded lot. I had a similiar error connected to something I never volunbtarily installed. Turned out, that it came with another package.
Xtian913

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 08:51:21 am »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1385052
If you've got no aging hacks, click Delete next time it comes up.  The game will respawn the Age Controller.  If the error continues, then you may have a hack from a download that you didn't know about.  That's another issue.

As far as the phone, I that I must periodically delete all the phones on the lot, then buy them again for the phones to work.  I haven't pinpointed the cause yet, but completely deleting all phones will reset the phone controller.

Okay, I will hit delete the next time I see it happen. Hopefully that will remedy the situation!

And I will also delete all the phones in her house, save, and then buy them again. Smiley

Quote from: abaris;1385295
The phone hack can be attached to a downloaded lot. I had a similiar error connected to something I never volunbtarily installed. Turned out, that it came with another package.

Oh great. Sad I have downloaded quite a few lots...

~~

Random question: I saw in some other HELP post a person mentioning to delete the Groups.cache and some other similar files... Should I do something along those lines? They said it helped to reset some stuff. Would that help too?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 08:55:48 am by Xtian913 » Logged
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 09:02:21 am »

That, along with the Accessory.cache.  Deleting those files usually prevents the "game not starting up" issue, but can also clears old/corrupted cached data that the game has stored in the files.  It won't help in solving the in-game error, though, but still beneficial if you do so.  :angel:

Xtian913

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 09:40:53 am »

Thanks for the quick reply! I will delete Groups.cache & Accessory.cache when I'm back at home, any way it helps will be great. Smiley
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 11:53:08 am »

have you tried running your game without any downloads? This helps determin if the problem is game or cc related.

Xtian913

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 12:54:28 pm »

Doh!

No.... you would think I would try that, wouldn't you? lol. I'll need to try that tonight as well.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 02:07:55 pm »

Quote from: Xtian913;1385505
Doh!

No.... you would think I would try that, wouldn't you? lol. I'll need to try that tonight as well.

There's a triresome but rather effective way to find the culprit. Put 50% of your downloads in, the rest stays on your desktop. Now check if the error's still there.

Try the same with the other half. And when you found the bunch with the error, keep splitting the infected bunch in half until you have narrowed it down to a few files. You can of course keep those files not causing errors in your downloads while doing so.
Xtian913

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2008, 06:28:08 pm »

Hmm, so I just tried it without ANY custom content and she still cannot use the phone! Sad This time with a different error: Error in the Overhead Meter???

Attached the log. Sad Grrr!!!

* ObjectError_N004_t271129.txt (52.16 KB - downloaded 104 times.)
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2008, 06:42:10 pm »

You know...it almost sounds to me like a problem with your sim. I dread to even suggest it...but it's possible she might be corrupted. If someone thinks I'm mistaken, please feel free to correct me.

EDIT: Have you tried to see if this happens with every sim or just her?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: