Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:50:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Things you've only recently discovered about the game  (Read 99015 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: August 19, 2010, 01:49:37 pm »

My sims threw a party and our bubble blower was outside, and everyone rushed to it, in the dead of winter, I almost lost/killed 3 of my sims during that party.  Didn't know I had to keep an I on my visiting sims as well.

I don't know if it's just me, but keeping my sims warm in the winter is near impossible, they are always cold, I had to place 3 heaters per room just to keep their skin color from changing.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: August 19, 2010, 04:07:24 pm »

Make sure there is an actual roof over their heads, Happythoughts. My sims only turn cold if they are outside, especially if they're playing in the snow...

I've recently discovered just how much the penguin loves the snowmen. Every single time I let them make snowmen on the lot I use for LFB, the penguin popped up to have a "serious" conversation with it, involving skiing, hot soup and a lot of wing-waving and stupid face expressions... Stays there for hours, too.

Took me a while to figure out that the seasons in the neighborhood change after which lot you last visited. Maybe because I tend to turn off the seasons... I've got this downloadable version of the weather creating thingy, and set it to spring and sunshine. That's usually the perfect weather for storytelling pics (No too hot or too cold sims - my game tends to lag a bit when their skin change, so I try to avoid it unless I need the effect) - unless, of course, I need snow or rain...

Oh, and if you've got a piano virtouso in the house, other sims tends to stop and listen, saying something that sounds like "Jah, Wolfgang". They won't do anything else but listening to the piano player, either...

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 19, 2010, 06:07:35 pm »

Oh! I forgot one of my latest discoveries (a few months ago but really cool)!

I found out that I can make babies and children and manipulate exactly what they will look like later in life.

In CAS, I create the Sim exactly how I want, including as much CC as I want. Then I switch the age to teen, child, or toddler. Pretty cool, I thought. Course, I'm probably one of the last to discover this, lol.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 21, 2010, 04:06:54 pm »

Thanks for the tab tip Kinnika! I never knew that before either.

I'm way late (I saw a thread now mentioning this after it happened to my sim) but I saw one of my sim dads sitting on the floor by his sleeping teen daughter's bed. The action said "read to sleep"--it was something that I'd never seen before last week.

Sims by Dasi:

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 21, 2010, 08:25:51 pm »

I have one sim, Bartholomew, that makes snowmen. Now, these aren't the usual bland ones, his always have horns, pitchfork and a band around his had that has flames. I'd never seen that before! Cheesy

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: August 22, 2010, 01:16:47 am »

They build evil snowmen it if their nice level is low, I think. I wondered why they did it, so I used boolprop to test out a couple of things... Whenever I want them to build evil snowmen, it's quite easy Wink

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
GreenK

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 29, 2010, 09:02:55 am »

If you have a child view the pumpkin scarecrow, it will dance for the child instead of scaring them, while playing kiddy music. I think the dancing would be scarier.

You can't see me, cause I'm lurking in the shadows...taking your children
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: August 29, 2010, 09:52:06 am »

I have to try that  Grin

My site:

Prince Avalanche

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 11, 2010, 09:24:35 am »

I have noticed when It is Hailing the Sim would stand out in it getting pelted by the hail and not run for shelter. Has anyone else had that to happen?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 10:31:51 am by Prince Avalanche » Logged

Prince Avalanche
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 11, 2010, 09:32:13 am »

This can go into another, similar thread. Voila, it is done.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
sleegee

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 06, 2010, 01:07:25 am »

I know I'm really behind on this but I finally learned how to add a second aspiration.  rolleyes  Just learned how to do that..

And today, while playing, one of my sims walked to the toy making bench, picked up the sir bricks a lot and pet it.  I laughed out loud when I saw that.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 08, 2010, 11:12:35 am »

Wow... I feel dumb now! I didn't realize that if you type in "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" in the neighborhood screen and then hitting the Ctrl+Shift+C once inside CAS, you can reveal hidden skins and costumes (clothing department)! You can create aliens, Plantsims, Mannequins, etc this way! I also discovered how you can create Vamps and Werewolves, using similar techniques!

No more waiting around for my Sims or PT #9 to get abducted to creating other aliens, or sitting around waiting for that Count to show up to bite my Sims and then having to make them bite others! This is such a time-saver.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 08, 2010, 04:39:38 pm »

Wow I didn't know that either kinnika.  Are they full aliens,vampires etc., when you put them in game, i.e, do they have the characteristics or do they just look like them?

Sims by Dasi:

HylianWolf
Resident Wolf

I'll do whatever you say...just don't take my CC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: December 08, 2010, 07:32:08 pm »

while playing on a University lot (Link in college, last half of the second senior semester), i noticed some strange activity from a few dorm residents there. i heard the sound for falling in love, and i paused to investigate. it came from two male sims that were flirting with each other outside the dorm. so...my theory is that Sims can be naturally gay or lesbian. on another University lot, two females were flirting heavily with each other, which lead to kissing. i have never seen that happen except for when im controlling the sim that is gay or lesbian. i wonder if maxis programmed the game AI that way?

PLEASE NOTE: I AM A WOLF FROM HYRULE. Also I like to mess around in BodyShop with stuff. Have a nice day Smiley

Upcoming Projects:
None

842 total downloads as of 3/19/12 @ 1:48 PM PST
Thanks for those that like my creations ^_^
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 08, 2010, 10:33:23 pm »

DaSpecial1: I'm not sure what you mean about characteristics, but if it's personalities and the whole character profile you normally can choose for the average Sim that you are talking about, than yes. You can create what they are like just like a normal Sim. My custom alien is full-on extraterrestrial... and a rather friendly one at that who has a desire to be a family man one day. Here is the link that I just found: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Alien-Sims-and-Vampires-in-Sims-2
(if you keep going past vampire, you'll find out how to make werewolves as well)

HylianWolf: I believe that you would be correct on Maxis programming Sims that way. I think the turn on's and off's are generalized among all Sims. But, even though NPC's have free-will, that would have been a sight to see the whole same-sex flirting and kissing going on. I have yet to experience that one. Interesting...

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
  Print  

Jump to: