Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 10:52:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: can't buy clothes in stores...  (Read 4373 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
xkaliboor

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2008, 08:32:48 pm »

edit:
ATTENTION!!
I FOUND A WAY TO GO AROUND THIS PROBLEM. please see the end of this post.

---

there's something wrong with my game...
when i go to any store in any neighborhood and click the clothes rack to buy clothes for my sims, no matter which sim goes shopping regardless of the house or neighborhood, the "buy" action icon disappears almost instantly... [even when the game is paused or the sim is standing right in front of the rack!!] so i cant buy clothes, but i can buy electronics, etc.
all, except clothes...

please heeeelp ;_; i just installed seasons and some of their outerwear do not go well with summer. XD and im getting bored of their wearing the same clothes everyday...

(edit from the original post): the buy option DOES exist after i click on the clothes rack. and the "browse" option doesnt. what gives?

this is a list of the items i have in my downloads folder.

- censor
- timeglass (i cloned and modified the elixir of life to be able to be sold in buy mode using SimPE xD) [removed]
(except it doesnt do what i want it to. like the rejuvenator.)
- TS2Rejuvenator [removed]
- insimenator v2.9, object edition [wish i could keep it. its so useful D=.. will try removing this to see what happens]
- 2 eye package files and 1 babydoll [both worked fine before this problem]

there's a "downloads" folder inside my downloads folder...
inside there are "mods" and "clothing" folders...
basically, to make the sims 2 seem more real without the censor and nude skins and meshes. [that reminds me. i meant to uninstall that male mesh ages ago.. ¬¬- its kind of embarrassing XD -- edit: removed. game hasnt gone h-bomb on me yet =p]
[they're basically the super nude patch, i think]

then there's a folder, "Config", which i doubt has anything to do with anything.
it has a file named userStartup.cheat. [can i mod this to put that boolprop testingcheatsenabled mod to true instead of me having to type it all the time i open the game? i always forget to do it in the neighborhood... lol]

and thats basically it.

ah
im running windows vista, and all ep's except the last 3 [BV, FT and AL]

another thing.
this problem happened earlier this week. i dont remember if it was before or after installing insimenator, but i'd like to keep that if anything else.
and also, it'd give an error asking if i should reset or delete.
if i clicked delete, my sim would get deleted...

edit: this is no-longer the case by the way.
the problem is now the one above this =p
the command simply fades away without the sim even considering doing it...
THEY DONT EVEN CONSIDER BUYING!! -cries heavily-

edit: i found a way to work around this
but its not very realistic in the way that u HAVE to go to town to buy stuff...
go here. http://linna.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=64137
its Monique's computer mod. =] its not a global object, so it should come in handy either way and not disrupt your game if you change your mind later.
AND you don't have to leave home. =D save gas in your car to go to work or whatever.
there's also the magic coat hanger xD [not my monique, i think] but it isnt very realistic. (since the clothes are free.)
(... nothing about the sims is realistic. but eh xD)
the coat hanger isnt really magic, but it acts like a clothes rack in a store as well as your normal every-day wardrobe.
im not searching for it tho, unless someone asks me to =p

toodles.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 12:42:20 am by xkaliboor » Logged
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 08:56:24 pm »

Is Seasons the only EP you have, or do you have more?  If so, can you list them for us?  :angel:

You might want to try taking your "timeglass" and "TS2Rejuvenator" hacks out and see what happens... I know I have heard some people encountering bugs with a few of the Simslice objects in later EPs, and I don't quite recall if the rejuvenator was one of them or not... :scratch:  

If that's not the case, then any of those mods you have could be conflicting with each other, possibly because one or more of those hacks modify the same exact function as another mod in your folder.  I'd use the Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility on Sim Wardrobe (under Sims 2 => Programs) to check and see if you run across any hack conflicts.  From the sound of it, it doesn't seem like you have a whole lot in your folder yet, so it shouldn't take too long to run it and find any conflicts.  Wink

xkaliboor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 09:01:51 pm »

thanks tenshii =]
i'll try removing my timeglass mode [ Sad ] and the rejuvenator.. [not really necessary unless i want platinum.. err... thingie]
i'll report back with the results.

thanks again for the sim wardrome thing. ive been looking for that! [i have the tendency to get various mods for the same thing! xD;; this should definitely help.]

ure right. i dont have much in my downloads folder. barely even 46mb of mods actually

... that sounds like a lot now that i think about it o_o;;
xkaliboor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 09:05:00 pm »

that wasnt so bad.
it says...

Quote from: Report
Report Start 10/11/2008 00:03:44

End Of Report

0 possible conflicts detected.

took what, 3.. 4 seconds to scan xD
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 09:05:53 pm »

Oh no... that's not a lot at all.  Be glad you're not stuck with 10GB and not knowing what you want to keep or get rid of for sure.  :evil4:

Okay, since that came out without a conflict, try the game out now and see what happens, since you've taken out your hacks by now.  Wink

EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 09:10:51 pm »

Try renaming the download folder inside your downloads folder to something else.

And, if you downloaded Custom Clothes, did you put the mesh(es) inside your Clothes folder? Meshes and clothes cannot be seperate. That's my understanding.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
xkaliboor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 01:25:20 pm »

so yeah i removed the files.. but still nothing Sad
i also noticed that it cancels the cue line regardless of what it was on it..
i told my sim to eat something in a community lot [she was hungry]. as she started eating, i told her to go buy some clothes. again, the buy command appeared. but as soon as the command went into the cue line, the whole cue line disappeared [she also wanted to go to the toilet on her own after eating]...

something similar happened another time. except. she had just gotten out of her car, then i hovered over the clothes rack, everything disappeared and i went into "build" mode.
it happened twice.
the second time i let her out of the car and do some food shopping.. then i hovered the cursor over the clothes rack and it went into community lot build mode -- again. -.-;
it didnt even allow me to go back to play mode...
i left the lot back to the neighborhood and went to the sim's house i was playing at before. as soon as she got home, she put the groceries in the fridge

im gonna try removing the insimenator to see if it changes anything... Sad

by the way. tenshii, now i know what you mean...
yesterday i started looking for an object that would allow me to buy clothes from home, but i ended up downloading close to 50 mods now xD;;; i got 3 or 4 of them installed so far... will get them in little by little. problem still persists. [im putting the rejuvy shower back in.]
edit: more than 70 o_o;; i cant stop!! heeeelp!! lol

PS: is there a hack to allow me to buy clothes from the computer/phone and have them delivered, like a pizza delivery or groceries delivery? please advise. xD

thanks again for your time everyone...

edit:
@EKozski: the creator said it uses an existing mesh in the game..
i might just remove that item altogether, but i wonder what will happen when my sim changes into that. its the default clothes... i cant buy new ones =T
the babydoll worked before tho'.. my sim wore it for bed a few times, so its unlikely that this is the problem
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 02:13:10 pm by xkaliboor » Logged
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 02:36:41 pm »

I think SimSlice also has a home shopping phone that lets you buy things via a phone call. I'm not sure what it's limitations might be, though.
Firestar

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 02:39:55 pm »

Okay items I have found that have stopped me shopping were the maternity hacks.  These allowed my sims to go to the shops but not to buy. Don't know if that helps

Always trust your first initial feelings, Special knowledge holds true, Bares believing, I turned around, In the crystalline knowledge of you.
faiithx

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 02:57:30 pm »

Yeah that's what happened to me too and it was because of a maternity hack (the one that lets you wear any outfit while pregnant, not that it worked anyway).
So if you have any maternity hacks installed that might be the problem..?
xkaliboor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 03:25:55 pm »

i saw that hack awhile ago [yesterday], but i didnt install it.. i didnt even download it =p it didnt seem interesting enough, and i read it didnt work for a few people...
closest i got to the "pregnancy" theme was the insimenator [i made my sim pregnant by accident with it D= with twins. xD]

im about to test removing the insiminator to see if it helps at all. wish me luck.

james, how do i find that phone? and is there a computer that has the option to buy things online? [would make sense if it did.. i mean.. i only get stuff delivered in real life through the pc -- the phone has a thick crust of dust on it since i rarely ever use it xD... i even call people through the pc...]

[....... where do i make item requests?! xD]
downunder2006

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 04:02:34 pm »

xkaliboor hi there ,take a look at this (see link below)

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,12947.msg370384.html#msg370384

And this is not the first time I mentioned this problem with the clothes!!
I mentioned it when seasons was first released on Mts2,and there has never been a solution for it.
I also mentioned this to EAXIS.

Mind you I never had any hack or custom content in the game,I then did a complete uninstall re install without Seasons.

All my other Eps up to AL  all work fine they can browse and buy clothing no problem,but as soon as you install seasons same problem happens again, unable to browse or buy clothing actions are unlivable!!

Just a suggestion try your game without Seasons installed,you don't have to it's your choice of course :smile:
but I do understand that this does not solve the problem by removing Seasons. But if you want to buy clothing this was the only option that worked for me.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 04:10:24 pm by downunder2006 » Logged
xkaliboor

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 04:18:03 pm »

Quote from: downunder2006;1451439

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,12947.msg370384.html#msg370384

I mentioned it when seasons was first released on Mts2,and there has never been a solution for it.

Mind you I never had any hack or custom content in the game,I then did a complete uninstall re install without Seasons.

All my other Eps up to AL  all work fine they can browse and buy clothing no problem,but as soon as you install seasons same problem happens again, unable to browse or buy clothing actions are unlivable!!

Just a suggestion try your game without Seasons installed,you don't have to it's your choice of course :smile:
but I do understand that this does not solve the problem by removing Seasons. But if you want to buy clothing this was the only option that worked for me.

so say we got or created a mod to buy clothes from home.
say.
a computer or a phone that had someone deliver clothes to ur house, much like pizza or chinese food.

assuming seasons did something bad with the game and maxis/ea still havent fixed it, for as long as i have seasons, regardless of where i buy clothes from, i'll never be able to buy new clothes?! D=
this is horrible!!

someone [aka, a group of people] need to send emails [plural] to maxis/ea to get a patch to fix this. o_o and soon.
im fine without buying new clothes for now, but it will soon become dull. and i'll never be able to test new clothes i might install in the future.

anyone knows who to send this email to at maxis patch development or whatever?
Jolly-Swagman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2008, 08:02:47 pm »

Originally Posted by downunder2006  View Post

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/sm...html#msg370384

All my other Eps up to AL all work fine they can browse and buy clothing no problem,but as soon as you install seasons same problem happens again, unable to browse or buy clothing actions are unlivable!!

Just a suggestion try your game without Seasons installed,you don't have to it's your choice of course

Originally Posted byxkaliboor : so say we got or created a mod to buy clothes from home.
say.
a computer or a phone that had someone deliver clothes to ur house, much like pizza or chinese food.

assuming seasons did something bad with the game and maxis/ea still havent fixed it, for as long as i have seasons, regardless of where i buy clothes from, i'll never be able to buy new clothes?! D=
this is horrible!!

someone [aka, a group of people] need to send emails [plural] to maxis/ea to get a patch to fix this. o_o and soon.
im fine without buying new clothes for now, but it will soon become dull. and i'll never be able to test new clothes i might install in the future.

anyone knows who to send this email to at maxis patch development or whatever?

This is the very same problem I too had with Seasons,,that has been around for a while now as Downunder2006 has stated ,, but even after sending Emails to EAGames and filling out there Bug Reports before the Third Patch came out, they said the would Fix in the Third Patch,,,,,HA HA, they didnt and then moved on as they do and bring out another EP aka FreeTme,,, that also if you have Seasons on and FreeTime you  cannot buy clothes, so they bring another Two patches still does not fix,, so they again move on and bring out Apartment Life,, and Two patches, still with allot of Problems,,, But hey they dont care they got your Money and thats the only bottom Line EA Care about,,

But do as Downunder2006 said to try without Seasons and or No Downloads content and see if you can buy clothes,
Then with Seasons Fresh install and you still wont be able to buy clothes,,

EDIT - Important Make Sure you BackUp everything before attempting above, in case you want to go back to the game as was,,,
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 08:18:06 pm by Jolly-Swagman » Logged
xkaliboor

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 12:44:01 am »

argh... i do NOT want to post that huge post again D=

basically, i fixed it. found a way around it with monique's computer hack. -.-;;
just get the expensive one

also, the coat hanger hack allows u to do the same, but for free. xD

edit: first line. i said that because i typed up a HUGE response... but it said it expired, then to come back and reload. i did. and my msg was gone -.-;;;;;;;;

edit: you can find it in MTS2... i'll post a link once i find it again
just google for "monique's computer hack sims 2", no "quotes", and ure on ur way to a full wardrobe. xD

just make sure u have enough simoleons. o.O seriously.

edit: http://linna.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=64137 <-- found it. =]

hope its not a capital sin to post links to other sites on here... xD

if it was, sorry about that.

anyway. toodles!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 08:50:05 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: