Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:00:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: *MESHER'S RESOURCE* Hi-Res Bodyshape Poser Magnet Sets - New Sets added 2-11  (Read 104243 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« on: December 17, 2006, 12:20:30 pm »

Hi All--

I've been promising to release these for a while, and I've been getting notes from several new creators looking to get into meshing with my Bodyshape series, so I decided it was time.  This pack includes all the magnets I have created for the various top, bottom and full-body shapes, with various sets for different clothing types (cleavage, skirts).

These are the magnets I use in Poser 6 to create the various Bodyshape meshes found here.  They should also work with Poser 5 and 7 just fine, but I don't know about Poser Artist, their low-cost version.  The publishers website is here:  E-Frontier Poser Page.  It's not cheap, however... the full version of Poser 6 runs about $250.  However, it's a really cool program to play around with if you're interested in digital figure art, which is how I discovered it about 12 years ago when Poser 2 was out, back in my game designer/graphics artist days.

For all the information and resources you could ever want for Poser, I recommend Renderosity.  They also have sections for just about every other 2d and 3d graphics program around, and some VERY talented artists.

For instructions on how to use these, you can learn from the same source I used, the Poser Magnet Tutorial at MTS2 by the famous Xenos.  There are also magnet series by Zenman, which were the basis for these sets originally, also found at MTS2.

Now, I don't plan to teach the world how to use these, and I'm nowhere near an expert on Poser or meshing, but if you are trying to work with them and have questions, feel free to post here.  However, at least try the tutorials and information over at MTS2 first, it will explain things far better than I can.  I may put together a full tutorial sometime later, but I'm not promising anything... I'd really rather just make stuff.  Cheesy

To install these, you can extract them to a folder in your Libraries\Props\ directory in Poser.

Anyway, I hope some of you find these useful.  Enjoy!

*Update 2-19* Added magnets for Classic Pinup bodyshape!  Cheesy

*Update 6-6* Finally added the magnets for the PowerGirl, RenGal, Fashion Model and BootyGal... have fun!  Cheesy

*Update 6-26* Added Rio magnet set!

*Update 11-24* Added ToonGal Magnet Set!

*Update 2-11* Added Voluptuous and Faerie Magnet Sets!

* BootyGal Magnet Set.rar (30.05 KB - downloaded 1166 times.)
* Fashion Model Magnet Set.rar (24.07 KB - downloaded 1160 times.)
* RenGal Magnet Set.rar (8.59 KB - downloaded 1103 times.)
* PowerGirl Magnet Set.rar (23.1 KB - downloaded 1128 times.)
* Warlokk_BodyShape_Project_Poser_Magnets.rar (628.83 KB - downloaded 2160 times.)

* PoserBodyshapeMagnets.jpg (151.88 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 7620 times.)
* Classic_Pinup_Magnet_Set.rar (38.47 KB - downloaded 1487 times.)
* Rio Magnet Set.rar (13.57 KB - downloaded 1154 times.)
* ToonGal_Magnet_Set.rar (13.25 KB - downloaded 910 times.)
* Faerie_Magnet_Set.rar (7.45 KB - downloaded 791 times.)
* Voluptuous_Magnet_Set.rar (8.71 KB - downloaded 876 times.)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 08:30:52 pm by Warlokk » Logged

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
Netra
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 09:15:58 pm »

Thanks for them Warlokk, even though I can't use them.Smiley

"If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it!"
Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 07:54:24 am »

Wow!  Poser has certainly grown up since the last time I ran it!

That image looks like something you'd find lurking in the dark recesses of InSIMAdult. :laugh:

Shiggity
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 01:35:09 pm »

For anyone using these with Poser 5:
You may get a prompt when loading the props into a scene asking for the location of "base.obj" and "magnet.obj". These files are located in
"C:\Program Files\Curious Labs\Poser 5\Runtime\Geometries\deform" if you installed Poser 5 in the default location.

Nice magnet set BTW.
Truthslayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 07:02:00 pm »

Question, if one is forced to rotate and translate the body to get the magnets to work properly, does one have to return the body to the location it was imported in to export properly?
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 07:05:05 pm »

Depends on the method you're using to get the mesh into a .simpe file.  If you use Mesh Tool, which I do for much of my clothing if I am not adding verts, I return it to the lying-down, head towards camera position.  If I'm working on it in Milkshape/Unimesh, I export it standing up facing front, so it appears the same way in MS when I am working with it.

Truthslayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 07:47:49 pm »

Yes, but the magnets are referring to the mesh location as if it were standing up at the origin, where it works just fine.  Is there a way to bind or group the magnets in poser in such a way so that translating results in bringing along the magnets with it?
Truthslayer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 08:14:58 pm »

Never mind, I'm a dunce at this...

I re-exported it standing up, so everything should be fine.  Thanks for the tip!

Ouch, spoke too soon... my mesh ends up on the floor, knees locked and arms wrapped and warped 10' around.  How do I fix that?

As in, I exported it to stand up, so how can I re-import it so I don't have it laying into the floor?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 09:46:47 pm by Truthslayer » Logged
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 11:35:24 pm »

Like I said, it depends on which method you're using.  If you're using Mesh Tool to import the .obj back into SimPE, the mesh MUST be lying down before you export the .obj.  If you're using Unimesh/Milkshape, it should be standing up.

If you haven't discovered it already, the correct way to change this in Poser is by zeroing the Y and Z axis on the Joint Parameters window (the top 2nd & 3rd box), then rotate the Y and Z of the mesh to get it in position.  The feet should be in the middle of the scene, with the head towards the front.  I think Zenman explained all this to me, but I forget if he posted it anywhere, I've been doing it so long it's just automatic now.

Let me try to clarify a bit, just a little step-by-step.  I export the .obj from SimPE from the GMDC of the original outfit mesh, and save it as body.obj.  The filename is important, because the magnets are set to use that for the target group name, unless it's a Top or Bottom.  The export settings are set to XYZ, so she exports standing up.  In Poser, I import the .obj, uncheck all the boxes, and get my figure, ready to have magnets applied.  I apply the magnets, create a morph, delete the magnets, activate the morph.  Then I zero out the Joint Parameters as I mentioned, and rotate 180 on the Y axis, and 90 on the Z axis, so she's lying down, and I export my new .obj for importing into the Mesh Tool.

If I'm planning to work the mesh in Milkshape, I skip the rotating part and just export the .obj files standing up, since Unimesh will make a proper .simpe file from it.

I hope that makes some sense... :goofy:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 11:51:59 pm by Warlokk » Logged

Truthslayer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 09:36:01 am »

The tutorial didn't seem to mention making a morph... so I don't know about activating it (creating full body morph was easy enough).

But you don't weld vertices, or make polygon normals consistent (the two boxes to check when importing in the tutorial)?
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 05:45:14 pm »

Yep, once you apply the magnets, you go to the Object menu and Spawn a morph, then delete your magnets, and set the morph you created to 1.  That will give you the shape you created, and also allows you to combine different ones.

No, you don't want to do anything that will affect the verts already in the mesh, and definitely not weld them... Mesh Tool or Unimesh will take care of all that, Poser sort of has a mind of it's own on how it handles meshes so you shouldn't use those features.

Truthslayer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 07:44:14 pm »

First, you rock, seriously.  That was the clue that did it.

Seems I have one more problem though; I did a test import into SimPE to see how it aligned to the skeleton, and seeing that I'm currently ahead and below centers-wise (but not laying down to it anymore), the location where I export from matters.  Is there a quick reference from origin (rather my origin from standing up) I could use, or is it possible to export as a morph target [ignoring world translations]?

I'm also seeing that seem I didn't tell poser to weld on importing, so I think I have to fix that for the seem to not show in the game (it kinda detracts the smoothness of the rest of it).
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 07:46:46 pm by Truthslayer » Logged
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 08:11:35 pm »

You must make sure you zero out the Origin position for the Y and Z in the Joint Editor window before doing any rotation of the body from where it starts when it's imported.  The origin should be centered between the bottoms of the feet, whether the model is on it's back or standing.

Poser will make the seams on the model when you export, that's normal... it doesn't handle normals the way the game does.  You can either fix this by running the mesh through Mesh Tool if you're working on a modified base mesh, or you can use the Align Vertices tool by Demon for Milkshape to fix it.  Just don't weld them, it causes more problems than it fixes.  Cleaning up seams has to be the most difficult and annoying part of Milkshape editing a mesh... especially fixing neck and waist seams.

Here's a screenshot of a model I imported and repositioned... I exported it from SimPE on her back, so I had to readjust.  Looks like I was mistaken on some of the XYZ axis though.  The Joint Editor is under the Window menu, you need to change the Center Point numbers to 0 as shown for Y and Z, before you rotate anything.  Then you change the yrotate to 180, and xrotate to 90.

* jointeditor.jpg (83.07 KB, 1024x774 - viewed 5932 times.)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 08:18:09 pm by Warlokk » Logged

Truthslayer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 08:59:38 pm »

I guess that's what I get for not treating the mesh's origin as a point (didn't really know to do it).

It's done (my test was something not done in prior releases - the rave kimono for adults), but that split seem, argh...

* finality.JPG (12.33 KB, 205x611 - viewed 5670 times.)
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 10:01:08 pm »

Cool, you're most of the way there... now you need to use Demon's Milkshape plugins from over at MTS2, and use the Align Vertices plugin on those seams, and you should be good to go.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: