Insimenator.org
June 05, 2024, 04:14:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CrasH msg??????? plz help  (Read 2987 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
sweet_pain

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2007, 04:43:37 am »

hello i am mad right now coz my game give me a msg there is a crush Huh?Huh??

dont know wat this is mean but every time i download stuff its give me the msg and when i remove it the game works?Huh??

but i dont know wat to do coz i have maybe 3000 file in my download folder so Help plz Sad
timberario

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 04:54:38 am »

I recommend getting that program that detects hacks that aren't compatible and sims clean installer.  They are both at ModTheSims2.com.  The first will help you find which hacks are messing up your game and the latter I recommend using to delete any custom content you can live without.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 05:48:00 am »

http://www.simwardrobe.com

Paladin is the one that has the Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility.  You can download it from the "Programs" section under Sims 2, and scan your entire downloads folder.  Keep in mind:  if you have any .package files that has any non-latin characters, (Chinese, Japanese, etc) it will not be able to read them, so you may have to rename those files (not the file extension).

Also, you may have downloaded something that isn't compatible with your game EP wise.  Sometimes, some creators forget to mention what EPs are required, or what they used to make the content, and that can definitely cause problems.  Hope this helps!  :angel:

sweet_pain

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 07:45:39 am »

well i try alot to fix it but doesnt work Sad i reinstill my game sims2 and Ep UN
when i add stuff in download file the game not starting its stop when i loading it and whe i remove the download stff its work?Huh?Huh?
i try alot of sites and different files wat should i do plz Help
Nymphy
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 07:51:05 am »

What stuff have you downloaded? Like houses, genetics, etc. And which Eps do you have installed now??

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 01:50:15 pm »

Wait, you don't have to uninstall anything!  

You've obviously downloaded a file that's not compatible if it's not letting the game load.  Try organizing your downloads folder so that the files are arranged from the most recent, then remove any downloads that you added the date your problem started and possibly after, (you don't have to delete them, just move them out of the Sims 2 folder) then try and run your game from there.

If you have Windows XP, you can go to:  View => Choose Details, then check the box next to Date Created.  Press OK, then right click and arrange your icons by "Created."  The folder should organize by most recent items created to your hard drive.

sweet_pain

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 06:32:12 pm »

i have delete it them and download new stuff still the same , and i orgnize foldors in download folder some of files work the other dont  i delete and downlode new stuff many times Huh?? so wat should i do now , ok is there anyway to find the not compatible?Huh?

and thanx alot for reply guys
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 06:35:33 pm by sweet_pain » Logged
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 06:57:30 pm »

sweet pain: many things you download require certain expansion packs.  Many new beds, sofas, and chairs you may have downloaded require Pets EP to work because these furnishings have information for use by Pets.

I also see you have only the Univeristy Expansion Pack - the Downloads folder cannot have sub-folders until after you install Nightlife Expansion Pack, Open for Business Expansion Pack, or Pets Expansion Pack.  if items are in sub-folders of the Downloads folder with only The Sims 2 or University Expansion Pack, these items will not be seen by the game.

Another possible problem is that you may have installed a mod or hack that is meant for a different Expansion Pack than you currently have installed.

It will be difficult to do, but move all the Downloads to your desktop, then add a few (about 10-20) and test the game, continue until the game crashes - then remove the last 10-20 you have added - then add on at a time and test the game.  It is a very slow and boring process, but is the best solution if you have trouble using Sims2Pack Clean Installer and the Hack Conflict Detection Untility because of the language.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
sweet_pain

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 07:21:42 pm »

beosboxboy i have also OFB Ep , i Will try wat u wrote i hope it will work , well i did sup folder in download folder for UN Ep maybe thats why it doesnt work i will back soon than for ur reply
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 12:43:53 am »

I would suggest using Sims 2 Clean Installer to aid you in your search.  You can use this tool to selectively disable/enable custom content.  With 3000 files, it will take you some time, but you can do them in batches and use a process of elimination to narrow your search as Beos described in his earlier post.

Begin by disabling the files it highlights in red.  Red files indicate mods/hacks that are changing the behavior of your game (which is what they are designed to do).  An incompatible mod or hack however will often bring your game down in a hurry.  Keep in mind, red doesn't indicate a problem...it is only intended to distinguish package files that are purely content from those which contain game modifications.

Another possibility is that your system simply isn't beefy enough to handle all of your custom content.  You may have to cherry pick (another thing Sims 2 Clean Installer is useful for) which mods you want to use from run to run.  That, or purchase more RAM.  But before you go throwing hardware at the problem, you should go through the exercise of trying to identify a wayward package file (which is MOST likely the problem) given the symptoms you describe.

J

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
sweet_pain

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 12:35:06 am »

thanx alot mr J  wish it will help i will try it
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: