Insimenator.org
June 04, 2024, 10:41:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird glitch  (Read 4245 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Stunner2020

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2007, 12:35:48 pm »

Hey, sorry to just turn up here asking for help all of a sudden, and also I apologise if this has been asked before and/or is in the wrong place, but I really need help Sad .

Just recently re-installed all my Sims 2 games (base, Nightlife and Open For Business), in the C-drive (which still has about 10 GB free space) and downloaded the latest InSIMenator before playing.

At first the game ran fine, but for some reason when I created a family the family loading screen looked like this.

This also occurs if any changes are made to an existing characters appearance.

The InSIMenator does work fine for me so I doubt that is responsible? I only downloaded one other thing, a house which errored when I attempted to load it, but the face glitch occurred for the first time before that was first used (it was in the property bin though). Since then both the original family and the house have been deleted but the problem persists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Perry.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 01:28:08 pm »

Someone else had this problem and I'm trying to find that thread to see if it was resolved, but my searching muscle seems to be broken Wink. In any case, I'm pretty sure insim isn't causing this.

Off the top of my head I can think of a few things. Did you patch your games as you reinstalled them? Also, are your graphic drivers up to date?

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Stunner2020

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 01:52:08 pm »

Hey,

Am I right in believing that the patches are what is installed when it asks for The Sims 2 base game disc four after installing an expansion pack? If so I did that after installing Nightlife but after Open For Business it said it was up to date.

I've had the game installed on here about three or four times before, and while I have had what occurred in the screenshot once before, that was only a one-off until now, and the slowness in loading up areas involving the "glitched" family was nonexistent.

Thanks.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 01:56:04 pm »

No, it doesn't, ufortunately. When it's checking if your game is up to date, it's looking at the base game, not each of the eps.

Stunner2020

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 02:00:21 pm »

Ah, gotcha.

I'll install all the relevant patches now and let you know how I get on.

Cheers!
Stunner2020

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 02:18:57 pm »

No it doesn't seem to have worked Sad

Thanks anyway...
Lady Moiraine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 03:53:17 pm »

Take out your entire download folder and try to run the game.

Stunner2020

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 03:53:55 pm »

Well some more news. I loaded up the Don Lothario household today and it worked fine at first. I tested the game itself by buying a garage and a car, then making Don change his appearance in some way before going to a community lot in his car.

His load screen changed from the default one to one like the screenshot I previously posted, and the community lot (which was one of the shopping places in Pleasantview) loaded at a mega-slow rate.

Somethings bothering this game somehow, I don't know whether it is the custom content I downloaded earlier, (is it completely removed from the game by deleting it from the property bin?), but if it isn't then I'm completely stumped.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 03:57:09 pm »

You don't have to delete your cc, just pull the folder out and place it somewhere else until you determine whether or not something in there is causing it. If your game runs fine without your cc, then something in there is the culprit.

Stunner2020

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 03:58:50 pm »

Quote from: Lady Moiraine;862316
Take out your entire download folder and try to run the game.

Hi, this doesn't work either sadly.

I've noticed in more recent attempts at the family create screen, that it freezes for about three minutes when i tick the confirmation button before the "camera flash".

Thanks.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2007, 08:46:09 pm »

Hummm, try to delete your groups.cache and your cigen.package, both can be found in the Sims2 folder.  You will have a cigen.package file only if you used Bodyshop.

You can also try to delete the CASthumbnail.package file located in the thumbnails folder.

All those file will be regenarated when you start the game again or bodyshop.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 08:48:35 pm by MissDoh » Logged
Stunner2020

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 07:33:28 am »

Hey,

Unfortunately that didn't seem to work either Sad

I have uploaded a new screenshot. This is what it now shows on Don Lothario's loading screen.

I'm going to completely uninstall and reinstall the base and the two expansion packs I own, if it still doesn't work properly, then I really don't know what to do!

Thanks.
Stunner2020

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 10:03:26 am »

Well, I completely uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it, so this is just the base game on it's own without any custom content or otherwise, and this time I get this...

I'm getting pretty angry now! Sad
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 10:19:16 am »

I don't doubt that. Did you try updating your graphics drivers?

Stunner2020

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 11:03:18 am »

To be honest, I don't know how to :S
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: