Insimenator.org
May 17, 2024, 02:56:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with marriage?  (Read 4232 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
savemykissesx

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2007, 03:45:06 pm »

My sim just grew into an adult, and he and this girl are really close, and in love, etc. We're really high on relationship level, and normally I get the option to have her move in before I get the engagement one, but I didn't get the move in one, and I had them get engaged, but now I don't have the option to marriage or to have her move in.. I don't understand it. Can anyone help?

My stories::tongue8:

And then, there you were.. = In progress..

The Bartlett Legacy = In progress..
tellmewhatyoumeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 04:00:02 pm »

I've had this problem before with InTeen...If you have it, uninstall it. Then check in-game and see if it works.

If you don't have InTeen...What other hacks do have?

you learn that you don't have the right to demand love on your terms, just to make you happy
savemykissesx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 04:04:25 pm »

I do have inteen but i've taken it out and don't have it ingame at the moment. n i'm pretty sure the only other ones i have are "seethemall" hacks and the "pregnancy wear all" hacks.. i wanted other ones but haven't gotten them yet

tellmewhatyoumeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 04:12:26 pm »

Hmmm...So, you haven't been ingame without InTeen, or you have?

you learn that you don't have the right to demand love on your terms, just to make you happy
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 05:22:08 pm »

Is the girl still a teen?  Default game behavior prohibits romantic interactions, to include the propose menu options, between adults and teens.  (I'm not sure how you got the engagement option.)  There are mods available, to include the Inteenimater, that change this.  Since you are currently playing without the Inteenimater, your best bet it to age the girl to adult.  That should bring back the "missing behaviors".

DeliaLili, the problem you had with Inteenimater for a similar issue in your game is not being completely familiar with the Inteenimater documentation and what the Flavor Packs will do to alter that behavior.  Take another look at documentation for both.  You'll find that with Inteenimater you can get exactly the behavior you want in your game.
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 10:07:20 pm »

Quote from: DeliaLili;892933
Hmmm...So, you haven't been ingame without InTeen, or you have?

I just love it when people become hell-bent on blaming InTeen for every woe, even when it's not in the game. :brain:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 10:13:17 pm by jase439 » Logged

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
savemykissesx

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 11:24:49 am »

Inteen is NOT in the game, and the girl isn't a teenager, and I have the male sim, not the female one. but she isn't a teenager.
My computer restarted last night without giving me a chance to save my game, so at the moment.. i don't even think they're in love or anything, i don't even think he is an adult, which sucks.. i'm disappointed

dobydog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 08:21:54 pm »

Well.. If you really want them to be in love again, you could download the Insimenator on the download page and use the relationship adjustors to make them in love again. Or, you could do it the correct way and start their relationship from scratch. Good luck Smiley

'No telephone calls today, all my friends gone away. When you're out of fashion it's a lonely price to pay.'
Oh Funny Man, Sex Gang Children
savemykissesx

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 08:27:28 pm »

I did, but with another sim this time and again, i got the engagement and marriage proposal but i can't move her in.. this is weird

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 08:56:24 pm »

Are these just normal townie sims or are they a special sim?  I know that while it's possible to have relationships with the DMA sims, to include marriage, they will never move in with you.  That's just the way they were coded.

There's something about dormies, too, but it's been so long since I've played Uni, I don't remember what it is.  I'm pretty sure a playable YA cannot marry or move in if asked by someone in the main neighborhood.  You have to have the YA finish school or drop out and return to the neighborhood first.

If neither of these possibilities exist, pull your downloads folder and savedsims folder out of the game and try it again.  Everything working then would mean a hack is blocking your actions.  You'll have to find it and decide what is more important, the hack or the marriage/move in.
savemykissesx

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 09:36:05 pm »

I'm pretty sure they are just normal townies.. i mean, this is the first time i'm trying to move someone in since i've opened a business on my lot.. does that make a difference ?

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 09:43:59 pm »

Does that mean you are on a community lot or a residential lot with a home business?  I've had plenty of home businesses where the owner got married to customers.

It might be time to move your mods/hacks out of the game and see if it works.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 09:52:57 pm »

I doubt you can move in a sim while playing a business lot unless the business is in a residential lot.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 09:58:20 pm »

Exactly.  You can get engaged on community lots, but not marry (without mods) or move in.  "Opened a business on my lot" sounds like a residential lot though.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 10:06:16 pm »

I wonder if you can get engaged, married or move a Sim in while the residiential  business is open though?

And of course, if after all it is a community business lot, you simply can't.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: