Insimenator.org
May 07, 2024, 12:16:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Bon Voyage WILL NOT INSTALL  (Read 5211 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
FratBrat44

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2007, 06:11:10 pm »

I have no idea what to do - & I have pested my IT rep at the office for the last 2 days.  My computer is XP - and meets all the requirements to run the game & then some I have all the extension packs - including SEASONS - and everything has been great - BUT - BV will not run by AUTORUN - or by doing the manual load - I have done everything I could think of and everything my Computer Guy at my office suggested.  Has anyone else had a problem with the AUTORUN not working?  I am two steps away from giving up - or buying a new PC - but I DON'T want WINDOWS VISTA (or whatever its called) because I have heard from everyone it is nothing but trouble - & all the PCs at Best Buy come with WINDOWS VISTA pre-loaded.  Please tell me someone out there has had this problem & found a way to fix it!
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 06:15:34 pm »

1st this is the wrong section for this post Wink it should go in the BV help section. I reported it so it should be moved soonly. you will get more help there then here.

2nd. have you taken the disks back to the store and got a new one?

I know that when i 1st got sims 2 I had to take it back 2 times before i got one that would run. try that step before you toss your PC Wink

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 07:08:14 pm »

Fratbrat, FYI, Vista is not a problem. My PC is new and bought at Best Buy. As much as I feared Vista I find it very user friendly.

That said, listen to Nova. Try exchanging your BV for a new one. The solution may be as simple as that.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 08:28:14 pm »

I too will tell you Vista and the Sims 2 play very nicely together. Have you patched Seasons? If the latest install has a patch available and it has not been installed you will run into problems. So if you have not patched with the revised seasons patch, do so.

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 12:37:39 am »

If you have any of those NO-CD or copy utilities like Daemon Tools, Nero, or Alcohol 120%, the installer may not run.  Disable these tools before installing.  Probably a good idea to disable any AV software while you're at (just remember to turn it back on when you're done).

You can also try copying the setup files manually from the CD to a folder on your hard disk and running the setup program from there.

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
Lochar

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 12:58:02 am »

I am having this issue too, going to take back disks tomm, but I am getting an error almost as soon as autorun starts kicking in. I even got it from putting in disk 2 first. Something is not liking my computer and I closed all applications that I could and still get this.

I have XP 2.4 duo 2 gigs mem , 512 mem vid card. I dont use any cd/dvd software altho it is on pc.

But the drive doesnt even run long before I get the error message. I have never had any problems with any game before until this one.
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 10:28:32 am »

Quote from: Lochar;922022
I am having this issue too, going to take back disks tomm, but I am getting an error almost as soon as autorun starts kicking in. I even got it from putting in disk 2 first. Something is not liking my computer and I closed all applications that I could and still get this.

I have XP 2.4 duo 2 gigs mem , 512 mem vid card. I dont use any cd/dvd software altho it is on pc.

But the drive doesnt even run long before I get the error message. I have never had any problems with any game before until this one.

what error are you getting?

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
Lochar

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 11:44:37 am »

Well its those exception errors that you send to microsoft, and was able to get it to pop up an install window in laptop so thinking something is conflicting with my pc but no clue as to what
FratBrat44

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 05:42:35 pm »

The error reads "Error message reads:  Electronic Arts AutoRUN has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience." and then ends with the EA games logo.
kim

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 05:50:26 pm »

Are you sure you have enough available disc space to install the game

Lochar

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 08:51:41 pm »

Well I have about 100 gigs left, and its not even getting to start a setup it basically hits that error 5 seconds after put disk in drive.

Even trying to manually setup from cd will have same results. I have ticket in to EA but wonder how long thats gonna be before get it to work.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 11:47:46 pm »

Maybe try disenabling your anti-virus. Sometimes this gets in the way of an installation.

I haven't played yet but I installed the game without a hitch. Who knows what evil now lies in store for me when I try and play.

Joey the Whinernator

Lochar

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 09:42:52 pm »

tried that , hasnt worked for me, but thanks wasnt something I thought tot try.
So far EA support just keeps sending me the standard info to make sure this and that is done.

I dont even think he's read my error logs or dxdiag yet.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 12:03:06 am »

I think you should return your EP as damaged and exchange for a new one.

Joey the Whinernator

FratBrat44

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 02:33:04 pm »

I returned my EP to the store - the new one works no better then the old one.  I'm just going to give up - enjoy the game I got - hopefully the other new stuff - like the HIGH SCHOOL STUFF that will be coming out wont cause the same problems.  And when I'm ready to update my PC I'll try loading BV again.  But I am just so dissapointed.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: