Insimenator.org
March 19, 2024, 04:51:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Forever Starts Today Chapter 12 & What the... Pictures!  (Read 23371 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
phishfood1301
The Shrink

I will shoot!

View Profile WWW
« on: March 06, 2008, 02:54:04 pm »

The year is 1985, 15 year-old Lilith Gross rides the roller coaster of life through her teen pregnancy, birth, and death of her child while guided by her idol Bob Dylan.
This story is 100% true. All facts and people* are real.
want more? See below! Post #8!

*names have been changed
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 04:03:48 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

mustlovenicole

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 03:00:02 pm »

the pics dont show up, good story tho

Want to read a story? Here is mine! Girl in Lights
phishfood1301
The Shrink

I will shoot!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 03:14:05 pm »

thanks! I like your story too... i'll see what i can do about the pictures

it took forever but the pict's are up!!!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 03:57:19 pm by phishfood1301 » Logged

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 01:07:45 pm »

This is pretty good!  Off to a nice strong start and I'm interested in learning more.

Congratualtions on your own little bundle!

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Kadi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 03:24:43 pm »

Great story! Can't wait to read more!

I'm actually seventeen peoples!!
phishfood1301
The Shrink

I will shoot!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 12:05:29 am »

There is a huge block on me. Yes the dreaded writes block. As my sims are going haywire, &%*&$$ Maxis I will write from now on (on this story only) basicly my Life from my diary enteries. The charchter of me will be played by Lilith. Thanks and here is Forever Starts Today New and Improved exuse the language, It's my dark day.

A light? A bright light? Who are you stranger and why are you in scrubs? “Push?” You tell me. Push what? Ow! What is that pain? Yes! I can hear you! What? Me? A baby? No, no, miss scrubs, I’m a good girl! I’m not pregnant! Teen pregnancy is for sinners! So I’ve made a few bad choices, miss scrubs! But I’m a good girl! Ow! The pain! It’s unbearable! Why does it hurt so? Miss Scrubs you’ve got it all wrong. Mia Lynton is the school slut! Look at her! A mini skirt and a tube top! She’s the one who should be here! No Me! I am a good girl! I have good grades. I’m on the debate team! I’m the Junior Classics League President! I AM A GOOD GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!
Ow! It’s over…..Wait? What do you mean he’s not breathing? No! Don’t take him from me! DYLAN! Please I’ll be a good mom. I’m a good girl. The light. It’s fading. My eyes. Their tired. Maybe I’ll just close them. Only for a minute.

RIP
                             Dylan Gross
          10:31 am June 24 1986-June 26 1986 1:00 am

("nothing we could do")

Funneral Day

What am I? I am a thing; I have feelings that hurt easily. What am I? I am a thing, I want no pain. What am I? I am a thing who feels dead. What am I? I am, I am. I am me. I am a thing who cries. I am a thing who lies. What good am I am now?  I have failed the thing that grew from me. Oh, how they laughed. Poor girl. They say. Easy. They say. Slut, baggage, used goods, been around the block… Oh they think I can’t hear! Friends lost. Is my touch going to get you pregnant? Can you not console your once friend who has lost her only child? Can you not send her a letter that says ‘thoughts are with you’? He is gone. My stomach, it looks like it was never a home. He deserves better than that tiny funeral. The Rev. Kelly wouldn’t look me in the eye. Only a few feet away from me, sits the boy who I hate. He tries to act sad. But I see through it. I stare him down. He is the trash, the slut, the baggage,  the used goods. He winked at me. After  the tiny coffin I laid into the ground. He walks over. He tries to make small talk. But he knows he has a victory. He’s slept with half the girls in school. He thinks “god” watches over him. That the one who got pregnant, was punished. A life created only to die within hours of birth. He asks if I want to go back to his place. He and the guys are having a party… for a friend… not for… what was his name? DYLAN! The greenest eyes, the softest skin, and tiny wisps of brown hair. DYLAN! He acts so cocky. Like nothing ever happen! I prayed for light to shrike him down, oh heaven father help me seek my revenge! Nothing. A flower from the cherry tree floats on down to his head. Well, If I wasn’t a sinner then. Throwing a bible at him made me one. It breaks and papers fly into summer breeze. Stone silence. I march off heels getting caught in the deep grass of the old grave yard with what dignity  I have left.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 10:38:52 pm by phishfood1301 » Logged

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 01:59:01 am »

Whoa.  This is deep.  And full of many strong emotions.  Very well done!

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
phishfood1301
The Shrink

I will shoot!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 01:21:20 am »

thanks. That really for my diary. here's a second one. I'm going in order now.

Chapter 2 N&I

As I looked at these rich snobs I felt a little sorry for them but worse for me. They had money, Power, and a great family life. Lena and Luna. Who names their twins that? They finished each other’s sentences. Have identical cars with licenses plates Twin1 and Twin2. Barf. The reason I feel sorry for me, is I’m playing at their seventeenth birthday party. The year is 1985 and I’m fifteen. It’s a lame party. They screaming and giggling. They’ve just open a present from their grandfather. Inside is a check for 10 grand for each of them. I look at Monica. She laughs. We’re their band. Me, Monica, David, Leo and when she feels like gracing us with her presence Carrie. Tonight Carrie is here. Carrie is their cousin. That’s how we got this gig. Carrie, who I still think is sometimes a rich snob, looks at me. It’s the “Don’t screw this up!” look. I usually book the gigs. But Carrie begged and pleaded, and of course made out with Leo. Leo then took her side. Once Leo took her side, Monica, who loves Leo, took Carrie’s side and me and David were out voted. This always happens whenever Carrie wants something. Carrie is not a fan of the stuff we usually play so she skips. But tonight, is her night. I pick up me electric guitar, which she made me peel the stickers off, and start the god awful song “Wake me up, before you go-go.” As we play the twins squeal and grab there ugly boyfriends and start to dance. David hits the drums, Leo strums the bass, Monica plays the keyboard, and Carrie sings. I’m usually the lead female, but it’s “her” night. But just in case there’s a microphone in front of me. This crowd is making me sick. They dance like its 1950 or something. All the sudden Carrie stops singing. I think “Dear god.” And take over. Carrie’s bright red, and grabs the tambourine. It’s the lamest of all instruments, we don’t need it. She doesn’t even know how to play it, she just randomly joins in. She’s only in this band because she’s doing Leo. Leo is somewhat the head of the group, only because his mom let’s us use their garage for practice.

The party is ending, thank god! People are leaving. We start to pack up when Carrie gets mad. “Why are you guys packing?” She yells in her annoying nasally voice. She sent the summer with her other cousins in the California valley, and now insists on talking like a valley girl. Of course she’s yelling at me. I’m the youngest in the group, but I’m the glue that holds it together. David tells me I can defuse any situation. He thinks I should be a psychologist. I think it’s funny when he says that. I can’t defuse my screwed up family, why would I try anyone else’s? They all turn to me, and give the “Please stop her psychotic rage.” Once Carrie went crazy on Monica, broke her nose just because Leo said that she was looking hot. “It’s midnight Cinderella; our fairy godmothers are going to angry that we stayed out so late. Plus, we only get paid till 11, which was an hour ago.” Just then Mr. Snobs comes over and says “feel free to eat the leftovers.”

And we all change our minds. So we sit on the ground at the rec center which they’ve rented out, and get drunk. I wasted out of my mind say to David “You know your not bad looking for a guy.” He’s not so secretly loved me since kindergarten. He was the first one I told I was gay. But that didn’t stop him. Angie, my sisters’ mother and dad’s and live in girlfriend thinks I should go for it no matter how many times I explain gay. Anyway, David who’s almost as wasted as me says “You’re smoking hot. If I could, I do you right now.” Everyone laughs. Jokingly I reply “Go head stud, I think I can handle the man whore.” He starts moving closer and we kiss. Monica throws a nacho at my head and says “Get a room!” So we do. And we had sex.
   The next morning I wake up in a broom closet with my pants unzipped and in just my bra. I’m also in David’s arms. I start to move away. He only holds me tighter. I say “Dude, let go.” He replies “just another minute.” “Seriously man, I need to get home.” He smiles and lets go. “Need a ride?” he asks. As we walk out of the closet. “Yeah.” I say. The place is empty. “I think you need one too.” We took his VW to get here, and now it’s gone. I pick my guitar. His drums are missing. In the strings there’s a note. “Lilith + David, We took the BandMoblie home. His drums are in it. Left Lil’s guitar cause you’d kill us. Have fun with your dad Lil!” They only mention my dad because David’s parents don’t care. He does this all the time. David insists on walking me home. I’m pretty mad at him so I decline. But we live next door to each other. So we walk on different sides of the street in silence.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 10:41:44 pm by phishfood1301 » Logged

phishfood1301
The Shrink

I will shoot!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 06:40:22 am »

David’s House is first. He pauses like he wants to say something, But I rush into my house. David’s dad is a Reverend. His mom’s a nurse at our high school. Their most happy when David’s happy. They don’t know that I’m gay. I’m sure of that because they like me and are always letting me crash their after a fight with Angie or Dad. Angie is my sister’s mother. She’s always talking about how she and my dad are going to get married one day. This makes me laugh. The tricky she-devil only lives with us and had Meg because she “accidentally” didn’t tell my dad she was pregnant before the abortion cut-off. Every time I feel like I’m going to be stuck with her for forever dad says “I love her dearly.” Which in the Professor Mitch dictionary means “it’s over and she won’t leave”, of course Angie, with IQ of 60 thinks that he means “I be with you forever.” Whenever their having “problems” Angie feels the need to talk to me about it, Of course I want to hear about my father’s sex life! My mother? Lord only knows where she is. My father and her where together when she was in college, she was one of his students, they dated, she got pregnant, he did which he tells me was a mistake, the right thing and stay with her. She gave birth, and disappeared a few days later when she went to get “diapers”. Sometimes she writes me and asks for a recent picture. I’ll send one but half the time it comes back with the change of address stamp. He says her name is Mimi. Mimi what? He has no idea! We moved next door to David and his family when I was four and he was six. His mom basically became my mom. They have a spare bedroom that they say when people ask whose it is, is mine, after David’s brother, Harry, moved out when he went to college. Harry was cool. He was like my big brother. David’s always been my best friend. He was super excited when I was “asked not to come back” to my boarding school that my dad’s girlfriend at the time Sarah Lynn, sent me to. That meant I would go to his high school the next year. It’s October of my freshman year, and David’s junior year. He and Leo have been best friends since ninth grade. Monica’s in her sophomore year and a mutual friend of both of ours. One night over the summer we formed the band. The tambourine has no official player. We assign it to whom ever Leo or David is dating at the time. The “BandMoblie” is David’s. He, me, and Leo sent school breaks fixing up that thing. But its David’s because he paid for it and it’s up keep, Leo for gas, I got the short end of the stick, food. It’s like 1960 something VW bus with a cooler in it which I have to fill with food. They eat like pigs!

I enter the house and make a dash for the stairs. Their old and they squeak as you step on the fifth, eighth and second step. Angie hears me. Angie looks like she 50 even though she like 30 something. “Wheres ya been?” I’m at the top I turn and mockingly, of course, I say “Nos where!” She calls for dad. But I’m faster than that. I quickly switch outfits to my pajamas and mess up my hair. And climb in bed. He’s slowly coming up the stairs. Squeak! Pause. Squeak! Pause. Squeak! He’s drunk. I can tell by the fact that he’s pausing on the steps. He bursts open the door.

“Lilith! Are you just….” I have my plan laid out. “Jeez, Dad! It’s like 8 on a Sunday! What’s the matter?” He looks confused. Although I don’t like when he’s drunk its fun to play games with him when he is. “Uh… Rev. Kelly called; he wants to know if you want to come to church with them.” I shrug. I jokingly tell dad “I guess they can make me confess to some sort of sin.” Dad gives me what if he weren’t drunk a pat on the head, instead it’s a noggie. I get on my “Sunday best.” And brush my hair into a bun. Dad gives me a bag of coffee that he swiped for work to bring to them. Angie is still trying to convince dad that I just came in.

I knock on their perfect door. Their house is so well up kept that it makes our look stupid. Rev. Kelly answer. He looks surprised. “Hey Lil! Oh good!” He notices the coffee. “We need some, you know the Mrs.” I laugh. He stays next to me for a while. “Is everything alright Reverend?” “It’s just… David said he was with you, and…” “Yes he was with me. We were looking for Leo. He got in to some trouble and ran off with the BandMoblie.” This cools him down. “Oh. Good. Can you make the coffee?  I need to get ready.” I nod and head for the kitchen. David’s asleep at the table. He’s drooling. It makes me wonder if he drooled on me. I turn on the coffee grinner and he shoots up and screams like a little kid.

“Morning Sunshine!” I say. “Lil? You’re here? Now?” “Don’t worry, I’ve got it all worked out! You and me were trying to find Leo all night after he ran off with the BandMoblie. He got into some trouble no need to specify let the mind do it’s work.” He looks hung-over. I pull some make-up out of my bag and apply it to his under eyes. He was kicking and putting up a big fight. He looked okay. The coffee beeped. “Want some?” He drinks it. “How come you’re not hung-over?” He asks me. “I don’t know. Maybe I slept all night. By the way, later let’s talk.”
We go church. Monica is there. Which for her, is like seeing a whale on desk at school out of place. I rush to her. We head to the nursery where I work. She tells me all about how Carrie really didn’t want to wake us up and she wanted to leave. Monica said she wanted to stay and wake us up, But she was out voted. I told her the excuse that me and David were using and she said she would us it too someday. We just talked all the time. She helped with the kids. Soon church was over. And she gave me a ride home. We stopped for donuts at where Rachel, another friend works. We talked her into free donuts and a soda. Something bothered me though. The guys behind the counter were laughing and smirking and quietly gossiping. I thought I was because I was wear a dress and wearing a big sticker that said “HELLO MY NAME IS Lilith.” Little did I know how wrong I was.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 04:38:05 pm by phishfood1301 » Logged

phishfood1301
The Shrink

I will shoot!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 03:24:26 am »

My sims game is having some trouble. I can not get to to not crash. I will post whatever pictues I can take, This will take time. I am sorry.
But here is a new chapter.

“Good Morning Bloomington! It’s going to another wonderful rainy day!” My radio alarm tells me. It’s Monday. I like Mondays. I think I can always start the week off right. Tuesdays are when reality comes crashing down on me. It’s pouring. I look through my window trying to see if David’s up. His room is still dark. I get dress and go downstairs. Dad’s asleep on the couch mumbling. I check on Meg. Meg’s just baby, a year old. I feel sorry for her. Dad didn’t and doesn’t want her. And Angie is just using her as an excuse to live here. She’s starving and has a dirty diaper. I don’t know what would happen to her if I wasn’t here. Kind of makes me wonder about when I was a baby. Who took care of me? Angie is asleep in the bathtub. She’s full clothed and dry. Why don’t they ever sleep in their bed? I grab a soda and I’m out the door. The BandMobile is gone. “What the hell?” I say. I knock on their door and the Reverend answers. “Hello Lilith. What can I do you for?” “Where’s David?” David is always my ride. Other wise I’d have to walk 2 1/2 miles to school. “He and Hannah left about an hour ago.” “Who’s Hannah?” I ask. Rev. Kelly looks confused. He knows if I don’t know her something’s wrong with her. “She’s yea high and has black hair. He was supposed to give you a ride wasn’t he?” I nod. Rev. Kelly asks me inside. He says something’s going on and he wants to know what. I tell him I’ve got to go to school.

I walk in the rain. It takes forever, but I finally get there. People are rushing in. The late bell has already run. I walk into the office. David’s mom is there. “Hi Mrs. Bruce.” I say without enthusiasm. “Hello Lilith. What’s wrong?” I lie and say nothing. She can see right through me. “Lilith are you mad that David didn’t give you a ride?” She asks as she shows me into her office. There’s a poster saying sex is a sin in her office. “Along with other things.” I can’t help but stare at that poster. “What’s going on between you two?” I want to tell her. If she wasn’t David’s mom I would. So instead I look at my feet. My shoes are really out of style. All worn out and falling apart. “Lilith? What’s the matter?” I leave without a word. And go to my first class. Mrs. Fox is telling the class about Greek mythology. As I walk in people start to whisper. I figure it’s because I’m late. I hand Mrs. Fox the pass and sit down. Mrs. Fox continues on and I relax. This is my favorite class. Donny Jakeson, the jock throws a note at my head.

I pick it up. It reads “My place? After school? You me and some vodka?” I turn and give him the finger. I start taking some notes on the Iliad when another on lands on my desk. It says “Come on! We both know that you aren’t a virgin anymore! So stop acting like it!” I crumple it up. He throws another one. This time I don’t bother to read it. He throws 3 more by the time class end. I rush out the door. He and his friends come after me.

“Lilith? Babe! Come on!” They say. I open my locker. “Lil, please. We just want to have sex! It’s better than in a broom closet and with David Bruce.” I laugh. “You like your little boyfriend?” He asks. “No. I thought of your reaction when I do this.” I kick him between the legs. He falls over. I close my locker and walk away. “Not cool!” Donny squeaks. I go to find David. Its 9:30 and it’s his smoke time. I walk right into the smoking bathroom. The guys are use to see me here. David freaks when he sees me. “Hey…Hi!” “Where the hell were you this morning?” He looks uncomfortable. “Nowhere. Just… where were you?” He tries to play the defensive. “I tell you where I was! Walking to school in the rain! And who the hell is Hannah? And why did she get a ride and I didn’t? If I catch a cold ‘buddy’…”

“How do you know about Hannah?” He asked. Everyone in the room started staring at us. “I talked with your dad. That car is partially mine too! I deserve a ride don’t you think? Since you told everybody about what happen?” “Hey! I only told a few people. Who’d you tell?” “Monica! But she already knew! Don’t you think it’s a little unfair on my part? I’m the slut and you’re the “cool” guy? Am I just another one of your little whores?” “Oh yeah?” he pushes me. “Oh yeah!” I push him back. We’re screaming now. “Get out! This is the boys’ room!” He says. “F you.” I say as I leave. The principal is walk in as I’m walking out. “Miss Gross! What do you think your doing in the men’s room?” “Leaving!” I march out of his way and down the hall. It looks like the entire school heard us.

I walk towards the front door. I plan on leaving. But Mrs. Bruce stops me. “Lilith what on heavens was going on?” “It’s your stupid son’s fault! I never want to! He got me drunk! Damn Him!” I run out the door. She doesn’t follow. It’s still raining. I’m still running. I head to the pizza shop. I order a pizza slice and a soda. Kyle says it’s on the house. Kyle is actually a girl. She’s really nice. A college student. “What are you doing here anyway? Don’t you have school?” “I kind of left. I got into a fight.” “You must have beaten that person up good! You don’t have a starch on you!”

“It wasn’t a physical fight. Me and David got into it.” Kyle nods. “Maybe you should go back.” “I’m never going back.” I say as I leave. I leave a 5 as a tip. Kyle smiles and says “You have to go back sometime!” As I walk back towards home Rev. Kelly’s car pulls in front of me. “Lilith! What in are you doing here?” “Rev. Kelly I really don’t know anything anymore.” I continue walking. He gets out of his car and follows. “Lilith, was there a fight at school? They asked me to come in?” “Yeah. Me and David.” “What? Why were you two fighting?” I want him to leave me alone. “Sex really complicates thing.” I run up the hill. He stops and looks dumbfounded. I arrive at home. No one’s there. Meg’s at daycare. Angie’s at her job. So is dad. I have the house to myself. I go to my room and play my Bob Dylan. He’s my idol. I find myself falling asleep and soon I am.
   Someone is pounding on the door. I get up. It’s 1 o’clock. “Lilith!” I hear as I head to the door. “Lilith!” I answer the door. It’s David. “You told my Dad! And my mom!” He’s really mad. “I guess I told more than one person.” I say. He’s pacing. “You have no idea what you’ve done!” “Me? You have no idea of what YOU’VE done.” I’m thinking of the dream I had. “This isn’t about who’s done what! My parents are really mad!” “Why? You have sex all the time with other girls.” “You aren’t like other girls!” “Thanks. I think. Sit down. I need to talk to you. I had this weird dream.” “Oh, Lil! This isn’t the time!” He’s still pacing. “I think…” I stop. I have no proof of what I’m about to say so I don’t say it. “They want us to get married!” He says. I look at him. I start laughing. He looks so serious. But he can’t be. “I’m not kidding!” He says as he sits down. “But, I mean I’m 15!” “You’ll be sixteen I four months. All they need is your parent’s permission.” I laugh harder to the point of tears. He laughs some too. “I what are they thinking?” He says. As we laugh I feel in the pit of my stomach, that dream is true.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 04:41:04 am by phishfood1301 » Logged

Baby_Cat

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 10:12:11 am »

wow, this is really good i can't wait to here more! Cheesy Except i have a few questions...I am confused because didn't she have a baby that died in the begining? I thought she was gay, so like...yea? And then she had sex with David even though she's gay?? Sorry i am just realy confused, but it is a really good story!! Keep it up! Oh, and who is her girlfriend, didn't she say something about having a girlfriend?

Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me. - Bella Swan, New Moon
phishfood1301
The Shrink

I will shoot!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 09:47:38 pm »

Thanks!
The girlfriend? Her/my father has a girlfriend, Angie, who later becomes step-mother (but not so far in the story)
She/i did it w/ david because she was drunk.
yes she/i is gay.
the baby dying is the first chapter because it was the first entery on my diary. (this is my teenlife story) I just taking these out of my diary as a teen and typing them/editting. (i had a pottymouth)

All will be answer in the end!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 09:52:27 pm by phishfood1301 » Logged

phishfood1301
The Shrink

I will shoot!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 09:55:02 pm »

It’s been four months. People have mostly forgotten about the fight. They’ve got more important gossip. Like the fact that Carrie had an abortion. It’s the latest news. But I’ve got better. I’m pregnant. I started throwing up a few months ago, and having weird food cravings, plus being all moody and gaining weight in my belly. I’ve hidden it well. Nobody suspects a thing. I’ve hidden the weight gain with baggy shirts. The morning sickness has gone down. And as far as anyone is concerned I’m just stressed with winter finals. I hidden it so well I’m not sure I believed it. I needed to know for sure.

I asked to borrow the BandMobile, David said okay as long as I don’t throw up in it again. I drove to Indianapolis. Its one hour away. But it’s the only place I feel save going to for the test. I go to a free clinic. “Name.” Some ugly nurse asks me. “Katy Johnson.” I’m using a false name. I’m sure it’s not the first time it’s happen. “Well Katy what are we here for?” “A pregnancy test.” “Have you taking a store one?” “Yeah, it was positive.” “Then what are we here for?” The nurse looks a little annoyed. “I don’t believe.” She takes some blood. “What number should I call when the results are back?” I lie. “I don’t have a telephone. Send them to this address.” I hand her a p.o box address. This is the only way I can be sure with out anyone else knowing. She sighs and takes it. “Are you and the father together? Do you or he have many sexual partners?” She’s
either making sure I’m not some low life scum or that I have don't aids. “He and I are semi-together.” I lied. “I don’t. He does.” See looks at me sympathetically and checked a box.
   I waited a few weeks. It finally came. I was disease free, and pregnant. I fell to the ground; the clerk who was just a few feet away caught me before I fell all the way. They started fanning me. And some one called an ambulance. I woke up just as the paramedics were coming in. They wanted me to come to the hospital but I knew they would find out about the baby so I said no. They asked if I wanted to call my parents but I said no. I said I just needed to go home. They reluctantly let me go. I drove home with crazy thoughts in my head. I stopped for a soda and a slice at the pizza place. I sat down at the counter. I read the letter over and over again till a hand touched my shoulder. I jumped. “Jeez Lilith, a little on the edge?” It was Leo. “Hey Leo.” I tucked the paper into my jacket. “You up for a gig tonight?” Leo smiled. I didn’t feel like a care free teen.

“Who’s it for?” “Carrie’s parents’ anniversary, I’m still trying to prove I’m a good guy.” “You still with her since the pregnancy and all?” “Yeah, I chose to be a man. And sometimes a man has to deal with things above his maturity level and stand by the one he loves.” I smiled. “Who are you and what have you done with Leo?” “Watch it kid. Over your cold, cause I need a singer!” he punched my arm. My smile faded. “What?” he said as he sat down. “Well. My doctor told me to expect to sick a little while longer. And I’ll gain weight, and come next July I’ll be completely over it.” “Strange symptoms. What you got….OH MY GOD!” He looked at me. The room was quiet. “Hey! Talk!” He said to everyone. Leo leaned in closer. “You’re pregnant? Whose is it?” “David’s.” “What about me?” David said as he sat down. “I saw the BandMobile outside. I came in to get out of the December snow. I really bad.” He saw we weren’t smiling.

“What’s going on?” Leo looked at me. I looked down. “I really need a cigarette.” I said, as I pulled one out of my pocket. As I lit it Leo took it and snubbed it out. “Don’t you think you shouldn’t do that?” Leo scolded. “Oh….yeah. Well I’ve got to go.” Leo grabbed my arm. “Stop it Leo! You’re not my dad.” “I think you two should talk….Mommy.” “What are you two drinking?” David asked. “Look Leo It’s not you business! It’s mine and David’s and it’s…I’ve got to go.” I rushed out. Leo yells after me “It’s not going to go away! It’s only going to get bigger!”
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 04:43:42 am by phishfood1301 » Logged

phishfood1301
The Shrink

I will shoot!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 11:40:34 am »

I tried to start the car. It was frozen. I tried again and again. David knocked on the window. “We need to talk.” He said. I open the other door. He climbed in. “Did Leo tell you.” I said as I turned the key again. “He won’t. He says it needs to come for you.” I turned the key. “Please tell me. Whatever it is I’m sure we can handle it.” I stopped and started crying. “We can’t handle this one! We’ve screwed up big time!” He hugged me. “What is it?” He said as he stroked my hair. “I’m pregnant.” I whisper into his ear. He let me go. “What?” He asked a little annoyed. “I’m pregnant.” I said again. “How?” “You know better than I do! I don’t remember what happened that night.” “Oh my god. You’re serious!” “Yes.” I stared turning the key again. This time it worked. He climbed into the front seat. “You’re pregnant and I’m the father?” “Yes.” I said as we drove home. We sat in silence the rest of the way home.
   I pulled into his drive way. “Do you think we should tell our parents?” I said. He looked over at me with the most anger I have ever seen. He grabbed my neck. “You’ve ruined everything!” He screamed. I kick him and ran out the door. I started screaming as he came after me. “You bitch!” He yelled. I ran to my door. I couldn’t find my keys. He caught up to me. “You slut!” He began chocking me again. I tried fight back. I began to become weak. I thought for sure he was going to kill me. Suddenly I hear voices but I couldn't hear what they were saying. He let me go. And I collapsed.
   I woke up in the Bruce’s home. Mrs. Bruce was sitting on the edge of the couch. I tried to get up. She said “Don’t. Just lay down.” I saw blinking lights of police cars. I looked over and my dad was in the kitchen arguing with Rev. Kelly. Mrs. Bruce yelled “She’s awake.” It was dark out. I wonder what time it was. Dad came rushing in. He hugged me. “Oh Lilith thank god!” Rev. Kelly said “I told you we didn’t need an ambulance.” Two police officers came in. One female one male. The female came and sat down in front of me. “Hi Lilith. I’m Detective Mia Handler and this is Detective John Jason. Are you all right?” I sat up. “I think so.” I felt my stomach. Still queasy. The baby was fine. Or at least I hoped. “What happened?” Det. Handler asked. With everyone in the room, my dad, David’s parents and the police officers I felt nervous. “He went crazy on me.” I felt hot tears fall from my eyes. “He started strangling me in the car. And I kicked him, and I ran to my door. But I forgot the keys. And he came after me…and …and….” I was chocking up. “It’s okay, take deep breaths.” “And he strangled me at my door, and then somebody was yelling and I down remember anything after that.” “Why was he chocking you?” Det. Jason asked. I looked down. “I’m…he… he could handle… I’m gonna barf.” I ran to the restroom. I threw up over and over again. I could hear them in there. They were arguing. I washed my hands and flushed the toilet. I came out and Mrs. Bruce and Det. Handler were there. “What’s going on?” Mrs. Bruce asked. “He was perfectly fine before he left. And he comes home and tries to kill you?” I looked down. “He didn’t know before… I’m really not comfortable here. Can I go home?” My dad walked out of the room and the Reverend followed him saying things like it’s a “sin to lie.” “Yes let’s go! Officers please come with us. I don’t care what you say Kelly, I know what I saw! And you saw it too!” As we walked home I could see were I had run and fallen. There was an officer taking pictures, And another officer collecting “evidence”. They picked up the letter. It had fallen from my jacket in the struggle. “No!” I tried to grab it. They wouldn’t let me. “I’ve just found the motive!” They yelled. “No please! Don’t!” The other officers read the paper. They looked at me. “What is it?” My dad and Rev. Kelly both asked at the same time. “Please,” I HAD to get that paper back. “Just give it to me. I can’t let them know!” They put it in a baggie. By this time Mrs. Bruce had come over and wanted to know what was on the letter. Det. Handler said “Some one call an ambulance. This just got a little more complicated.”

“Why does she need an ambulance?” My father asked. “Is she okay? Lilith what’s on that paper?” Det. Handler came over and asked. “How far along are you?” as the ambulance pulled up. “Four months.” I said as the paramedics helped me on to a stretcher. “What are you talking about?” Rev. Kelly asked. Mrs. Bruce walked over to me. “Are you preg…pregnant?” “Yes.” I said as the paramedics lifted me into the ambulance. “I’m so sorry.” I said as they closed the door. The ride to the hospital was quiet. They were giving me oxygen. As we enter the hospital I saw people from the school everywhere. Apparently after the game at the school had ended there was a fight as some said or others said a riot. Whatever the case people saw we get wheeled in on a stretcher and they started gossiping. Monica saw me come in and ran over to come with me. “Hey! Family only!” The male nurse said. “Oh but she is!” I said. “She’s black your white…” “Please, I have no one else.” I said. It was true my dad hadn’t come yet. “No.” He said. But then another nurse came over. “Hi. I’m Nurse Betty. Is something wrong?” “Yeah. This girl won’t go away.  I told her family only.” They wheeled me into a room. Nurse Betty read the charts. “Frank! You insensitive jerk! If this poor girl wants a friend with her she can have the whole damn town. Now go tend to some other patients I got this one.” He left. “Thanks.” I said. “Oh, no problems honey. Frank is just mad because he’s the only male nurse. Do you want to see the baby?” Monica looked at me. “Baby? What baby? What happen?” Nurse Betty said “You fill her in while I get a sonogram.” After I told Monica what happen she held me and we cried. I also told her about my dreams that I’d been having and what I dreamt while I was passed out. “You see Bob Dylan has been coming to me in my dreams. He sings songs and tells me how I was going to live my life with my baby. I know it sounds silly but it’s true.” Monica laughed and said “I wish Prince came to me in my dreams.” Just then Nurse Betty walked in. She had a machine with her. She put some goo on my stomach and turned the machine on. It was cold. I looked at the screen. It looked like one V shaped blur. Something was moving. “Look! It’s a boy!” Nurse Betty cooed. Monica and me stared at the screen. “It looks like alien.” I said. “Well, think about it father. Have you ever wondered if his family is too perfect?” Monica is always good at cheering me up. I laughed. There was a knock at the door. “Come in and see the baby!” I said. But I wish I hadn’t. It was David and his family. I was actually scared. “Whoa! Watch it mommy! Don’t put stress on the baby.” Nurse Betty said. She turned around to see them. “Who do we have here?” David was entranced by the screen. He walked towards it. “Is that… a boy?” “Yes,” Monica said coldly. “One should be thankful for it being alive.” Monica looks at me. She holds my hand. “Are you alright?” Nurse Betty could see I was scared. David turned towards me. “Lilith I am so sorry. I came here so I could…” Nurse Betty interrupted him. “Are you the one who put her here?” “Well, I guess… but Lilith knows it wasn’t like me.” Nurse Betty looks as mad as Monica. “Well you should know. That because you deprived her of air for so long there is a 50 percent change that your son will die.” “What? My grandbaby is likely to die?” Mrs. Bruce said. “I’m afraid so. I’m going to have to ask you to wait outside. All of you. Expect the parents of the baby on the screen.” They started to leave, but Rev. Kelly wouldn’t. “I have a right to know.” He said. “Sir, I’m doing you a favor by letting your son stay in the room. See that baby. The poor mother is scared shitless. And you sir. Shouldn’t even be here.” After a few seconds he left. “Hello. I’m Nurse Betty. This is your son, this is his mother. And this is the fist that will beat you up if you try anything funny.” David looked a little amused. “Can you leave us alone?” He asked. Nurse Betty gets a little mad. “Hell no! You tried it once. I’m not letting you try it again. Lilith, David do you wan to keep this baby?” “No.” He said. “It’ll mess everything up. Our futures, our dreams….” He was talking. I wasn’t listening. I was watching the screen....my baby, it's moving, i can feel it's heatbeat. “Our plans. Our band. That thing…” It couldn’t take it anymore. “That thing is your son. His name is Dylan. He is going to live.” “Okay that’s that.” Nurse Betty said with a smile. “What? What about my opinion?” David asked madly. “Well, dear boy, it’s not up to you.” Nurse Betty said “Would you like a picture mommy?” “Yes please.” I said. “Lilith, what are you thinking? Are you thinking?” He was upset. I smiled as I wiped the goo off. Nurse Betty handed me a couple of pictures. “I still think he looks like an alien.” I said as I got off the bed. David was yelling something. But I wasn’t listening. I felt good. Better than I had in a long time.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 11:50:42 am by phishfood1301 » Logged

phishfood1301
The Shrink

I will shoot!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 05:15:13 pm »

As I walked out of the room Monica greeted me. “Thank god your okay. Come to my house tonight. I don’t think your safe near them.” “If you could just take me home. That would be great.” I said. Mrs. Bruce was crying. Rev. Kelly looked mad. I walked over and handed Mrs. Bruce a copy of the photo of the baby. She thanked me. I walked to Monica’s car. It’s a really nice car. A sedan. A safe car. As I was getting in I hear my name being called out. It was Leo and Carrie. “Hey where were you all?” Leo said. “We had to perform with just a bass and a tambourine. Whoa, Lilith what happen to your next?” “David.” Monica said. “That’s the weirdest hicky I’ve ever seen.” Carrie said. “It’s not a hicky. He tried to strangle her. Damn near killed the baby.” Monica said again speaking for me. “What Baby? Your pregnant?” Carrie was confused. That was easy to do. “I don’t believe it.” Leo said. “He wouldn’t. He loves you.” “Apparently not!” Monica argued. They were yelling at each other now. They didn’t notice when I walked away. I’d just walk home. It was snowing. I love snow. I walked in the winter dream land. Everyone was happy. There was only four more days till Christmas. I checked my pockets. I had 60 bucks. I wonder where that came from. I walk into Mr. Henry’s Book store. He’s a nice old fellow. He smiled as I walked in. “Haven’t seen you in a while.” “Hi Mr. Henry. I need parenting books.” “Going to teach a few things to your parents?” He said as he got out the dealing with teens stuff. “No. I need baby books. For me.” I pulled the picture out. “Mr. Henry say hello to Dylan.” It about near gave him a heart attack. “You? Pregnant? But your so young.” “That’s why I need the books.” He got out a few books I pick out three. It cost 20 dollars. He smiled. “Where’s your car?” he said. “I don’t have one. I’m walking.” “Oh no you don’t! Have seat, I close in thirty minutes I’ll take you home.” We sat and talk. I organized his shelves. As I was doing that, He said “You know, I need someone to work here during the after school rush and help me close up. Are you interested in a job? I’ll pay you 20 dollars an hour.” I smiled “I’d loved a job Mr. Henry, but I can’t take all that money.” “No, if you work here you get paid that and that is that.” He drove me home. He has and a restored a love bug. His is white and is in really good shape. He dropped me off at home. I waved at The Bruce’s who were just arriving home. I opened my door and lock it behind me. The house smelled like potato leek soup. I walked into the kitchen to find dad pouring a bowl for me. I sat down with him. He wanted to discus my future, plans, how I was going to raise this baby. I told him I had scholarships already, and since he worked at the university I’d go for free. I told him about my new job. And I told him I loved Dylan (he doesn’t like the name, he think it should be name Mitch the second) more than anything else. I went to bed. Tomorrow was when he said he’d take me to get proper maternity clothes.

I enter the mall. I don’t like malls. Their loud and dirty, this one smells funny, and crowded. Dad and I walk into the maternity store. They measure me. They figure I’ll gain anywhere from 20 to 30 more pounds. Most of the clothes are ugly. I find a few good ones. As we head towards the door I get a craving for a pretzel with soy sauce over it. Dad sighs and gives me 20 bucks and goes to the bathroom. I get in line at the pretzel place and a few guys from my school get in line behind me. I’m suddenly glad I don’t have the bags from the maternity store. “Hey Lilith, gonna ignore us are you?” one of them say. I place my order and turn around to see who it is. It’s Leo and David’s drug buddies. I’ve never bother to learn their names. “Oh. Hey.” I say as the lady behind the counter hands me my soda. “What are you doing here?” Another asks. They probably saw me in the store, but if they didn’t I’m not bothering to tell them. “Oh, just shopping with my dad.” Most guys fear my dad. He beat up one guy at a school pool party at my house because he tried to get a peek at girls changing. “Where is he?” They look around. “In the bathroom. But he’ll be right back.” My pretzel’s done. I grab it and a pack of soy sauce from the place next to it and sit down. “Why are you eating that?” They stand around my table. “Because it’s really good. You should try it sometime.” I take another bite. “We know that you’re…” one guy says as my dad comes up. “Hello. Good bye.” My dad says as he pushes them away. He grabs me and we leave. “Thanks.” I say. I really didn’t want to deal with guys anymore.
I turn on the radio in the car. It’s some hard rock song; I switch around till I find a channel I like.
Now:

I feel like I’m in trouble with the principal. Marie, my sister, has just moved in with me. And I’m look at schools.  People swear that I’m her mother. They’d quite surprised when we burst out with the same laughter and point at each other and say “Her?” There are 20 other perfect children with their perfect families for 3 spots. I’m pretending to be interested in their yearbook, but I’m actually trying to find a picture of a kid who doesn’t look like they’d walked out of “Parent” magazine. Marie’s listening to Ben Kweller and trying to be anywhere but here. I don’t blame her. She’s idolized me since birth. I was 22 when she was born. I was in college, I was the cool older sister who might buy you beer, if you lucky. Something about her oozed my own child. She was like my second change. So when I finished college was looking at a PhD I looked at colleges with daycare. Sure, Lindy had been born in the time between Dylan and Marie, but she wasn’t, like me. We didn’t share any common interests. She’s blond and tiny. Meg grew into her looks, but Lindy didn’t. Anytime I was with her she was “too cool” for me. Meg, Meg just hated me. None of them, not even Marie knows of Dylan. Nothing’s turn out the way it should be. I turn to her. She gives me the same look. I dump the yearbook and help my five and half month pregnant 17 year-old sister out of her chair. We walk down the main hall. She’s got to go to the bathroom, so I wait outside of it. As I’m standing there I decide this place isn’t good enough for her. I plan on telling her that. A man comes up behind me. “What are you looking at?” He says. Not in a mean way, but a question. “The school could use a make over. It’s…It’s…” He seems to find me interesting. “It’s what.” “Stuffy. This school, just like all the others. They play the “you’re not good enough” card. I’m the one who’s paying the big bucks so you can stuff my kid’s head with stupid facts she’ll never use. It’s a pity I didn’t realize this until now. School sucks.” This man is quite curious now. “Why? I mean you centrally dress like you did go in school.” “Graduated top of my class. I had a 4.0 in college. And all they do is look at her and turn us away.” “Why? What’s wrong with her?” “Nothing at all! And that’s what sucks. I say, “He who with out sin be the fist to condemn.” Marie comes out of the bathroom. “Oh god, you got her going on her bible quoting rant.” Marie complains. “That’s the only one quote rant.” I correct her. She shifts her weight. “I told you, you need better shoes.”  She takes out her ipod and sits on a bench. I see stone on the ground. I pick it up and hand it to the man. He looks confused. “What’s this for?” I stand against a wall. The man is very confused. A group is gathering. It must be a class change. “What’s this for.” The man repeats. Marie looks embarrassed. I say “He who without sin be the fist to condemn. Do you condemn me? Will you stone me?” The man is very confused. “For what?” He says. “Let’s start at the top. I’m an atheist.” There’s a very big crowd now. “That’s not enough.” The man says as if I’m going to stop. “I’m gay. I did drugs. I had sex once just for the hell of it.” Marie sinks deeper and deeper on the bench. The man once trying find out more about me is trying to shut me up. “I prescribe drugs to kids just to shut them up. I think that Godfather 3 was a good movie! I named my son after a musician because I thought he was talking to me through music and dreams. I got pregnant as a teenager and still think it was the best decision I’ve ever made wasted!” Marie looks at me. But I’m not stopping. The man drops the stone and says he’s sin before. I pick up the stone. “Anyone! Anywhere! Stone me! But only if you’ve never sinned.” Nobody says a thing. “Thought so.” I drop the stone. Marie gets up as we walk to the door. She’s really embarrassed.  The man walks up after us as we are about to get into my car. “My name is Luther. I’m the headmaster. And I think you gave the school a good make over. Your daughter is welcome to come to our school.” “She’s not my daughter. And your school doesn’t make me feel all warm and tingly inside.” I smile as we pull away. Marie and I are quiet. This is usual. Finally I ask if anything’s wrong. “Was all that true?” I watch the road. Hopefully she doesn’t notice the tears. “Yes.” “You have a son? Can I meet him? How old were you?” I pull over. I put my head on my steering wheel and sob. I’ve never cried in front of her. I’ve haven’t cried in front of anyone since I was 16. Marie puts her hand on me. “What’s wrong?” She asks so compassionately. “You remember the old grave yard, where grandpa and grandma are buried.” “Yeah.”  She says. “Remember the grave, a small one.” “Oh, the one for the baby…what’s was his name... David…Daniel?” “Dylan. Dylan was my son.” I wipe my tears away. I hope she doesn’t ask anymore questions. “Who was his father?” “David.” “Neighbor David? But you hate him! You two can’t have a conversation without fighting.” “Yeah, ever wonder why.” “But you’re gay. And he’s been married since he was 18.” I pull back on the road. “Hannah. are they still infertile?” I ask. “Yeah, last I heard.” Marie looks at her stomach. “Good.” I say more coldly than I meant. Marie makes a disapproving sigh. “It’s his fault.” I say. “What?” Marie looks at me. “End of conversation.” Marie knows there’s no point in arguing with me. I let silent tears fall from my face.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: